Tye dye equines

He has a “darling stallion neck”. 1st time I’ve ever heard that. I’m going to use that somehow the next time someone asks me how my TB got such a thick neck. Instead of telling them the truth, “he’s a cribber”.

Ad says he’s registered. Registered what?

perhaps lifetime USEF registry + USDF number

He could be registered with american warmblood society which she states he is eligible for. Nothing more, nothing less. I think you have insulted the girl who seems to have learned from her mistakes and did the right thing if she refunded mare owner monies enough. As for sport horses r us who is keeping up this ruse (or attempting to keep it going), well I don’t even have words to describe that idiot. If she did get him to I1 good for her but her reputation has certainly been hurt as should be !

I know very little about horse buying and pricing, but isn’t 40k for this horse a little overpriced? Honestly asking.

This thread makes the potential purchase of a horse in a far away future a little scary. I’ll make sure to post everything on here if that ever happens…

[QUOTE=WinsomeTK;7261415]
I know very little about horse buying and pricing, but isn’t 40k for this horse a little overpriced? Honestly asking.

This thread makes the potential purchase of a horse in a far away future a little scary. I’ll make sure to post everything on here if that ever happens…[/QUOTE]

The price of this particular horse with his merits/talents is positively outrageous.

That was my thoughts. My novice eyeballs were not impressed with his dressage video.

[QUOTE=WinsomeTK;7261415]

This thread makes the potential purchase of a horse in a far away future a little scary. I’ll make sure to post everything on here if that ever happens…[/QUOTE]

A 7-yo horse that has a decent show record at 3rd and 4th with talent for higher (as per the ad)? $40k isn’t unreasonable. It’s actually on the low side versus comparable warmbloods.

When you get to 4th+ lvl, you’re not paying for the bloodlines. You’re paying for the training and the potential for higher. If he’s a decent schoolmaster type, his cute face and fun color will make an amateur pretty happy.

People can ask whatever they want for a horse. If you don’t like the price, don’t buy him. With all the controversy surrounding this horse, his price is so low on the list that you can’t even see it from here.

2 Likes

He is 7 years old and competitive at 4th level, and supposedly schooling I1. What do you think his price should be?
If he was a fancy moving WB he’d be close to 6-figures.

1 Like

[QUOTE=CrowneDragon;7262149]
He is 7 years old and competitive at 4th level, and supposedly schooling I1. What do you think his price should be?
If he was a fancy moving WB he’d be close to 6-figures.[/QUOTE]

This horse was doing first level a year ago with the same owner/rider that was advertising him as a Polish Wb. I think more appropriate is “If he is competitive at 4th level…” But yes, if the little horse can get gelded and sold in a year and more from 1st and 2nd to 4th and schooling I1, then he is absolutely worth 40k.
I think the key word is if.

[QUOTE=stoicfish;7262450]
This horse was doing first level a year ago with the same owner/rider that was advertising him as a Polish Wb. I think more appropriate is “If he is competitive at 4th level…” But yes, if the little horse can get gelded and sold in a year and more from 1st and 2nd to 4th and schooling I1, then he is absolutely worth 40k.
I think the key word is if.[/QUOTE]
He was Reserve Champion in the 4th level AA division in the Region 6 Dressage Championships this year. I would say that is competitive at 4th level, especially if he has just moved up to competing at that level.
He isn’t my cup of tea conformationally, but he seems like a neat horse with some ability. I wouldn’t expect a horse that’s going to win at CDIs, but handy guy none-the-less.

1 Like

[QUOTE=MojitoMare;7260159]
http://www.summervalepremierdressage.com/geldings-4/wolny-mischiel-lance/[/QUOTE]

Well, I just have to announce that something good came out of this year and a half loooong thread. :wink: I went to the link above that MojitoMare posted…as I was just curious. Never having been on the website before, I ventured to the mares page just to be snoopy and absolutely fell in love with Miss Molly Jones and just had to have her! http://www.summervalepremierdressage.com/mares-4/miss-molly-jones

As of this morning, our long 6-month search is over and we have found the perfect warmblood mare to cross with our pony stallions. The trainer, Jennifer, has been super easy to work with the last few days and very professional.

So excited to get our new mare home! Thanks MojitoMare for posting the link! :wink:

As for the big draft boy, his scores were pretty decent from this summer if you check out his results on the USEF database. (https://www.usef.org/_IFrames/Searches/horseResults.aspx USEF #5232376) Competing at 4th level all year with good scores in the 60’s. If he is an easy ride, amateur friendly and scoring consistently in the 60’s, there’s no reason he can’t be priced at 40K. :yes:

mollytrot1.jpg

mollyhead.jpg

mollystanding.jpg

1 Like

She is gorgeous, congrats!

Daventry, glad I could be of help! Your new mare is beautiful. I posted the link because Jennifer Schrader Williams is a BNT in these parts and I new her website. I’ve shown at Summervale and I agree, they have some lovely horses. I’m sure you’ll love your new girl!

I think the price is fair for a competition GELDING. He may not be as flashy as true WB gelding, but that is definitely reflected in his price (note the training level WB gelding below him going in the same ballpark) but training costs money, and he has that, and if his personality is also that good, he’ll be able to fetch that price. Heck, a decent field hunter can go for that, and lots of those are unregistered draft crosses.
Big difference in horses people want to ride and want to breed to. Hopefully the owner has learned a thing or two about fraud…

A sound rideable horse with that training, and capability to go higher 40K is not out of the question at all. What I would like to know is why a warmblood that may be limited lower can fetch the same price simply because it says warmblood - moreover a WB GELDING. I know around here a quality 2nd level horse regardless of breeding goes in the 20K neighborhood with potential to move up. And that’s not a world beater. That’s your average everyday horse. People are paying for a name in the lower levels when they pay those amounts. They aren’t paying for results. I’d much rather spend my money on a proven horse than eh maybe.

I see the same thing in the TB industry. Sure breeding to proven is a better chance, but in the end it’s a crap shoot. Send the best to the best and hope and pray. You still have to have a great trainer, a competent rider, and it must stay sound. Same thing with dressage, eventing, whatever else. I can buy a youngster that should be the perfect dressage mount, moves like all get out, and absolutely hate it. The good rider/trainer realize that and find another career.

With young horses involved it is always a chance. What I find funny about the racing industry, is if a virtually or mediocre bred stallion or mare wins well, it wins rights to the shed. Usually for a pretty fair price. Some turn out well, some don’t. Those that don’t either stand for almost nothing or move into siring QH or sport horses as well. Others may not look like much, can run, and end up throwing successful foals (or in the case of secretariat and buckpasser broodmare sires).

Just because it doesn’t look like much means doesn’t mean it can’t do. Evidently the little guy is competitive. I wouldn’t mind him for a few people I know !

As for Daventry, nice mare. I went to their page as well and saw her. She looks fairly nice - what turned out to be her weakness issues ? Physical, neuro, or unknown at this time ?

[QUOTE=fire_911medic;7263804]

As for Daventry, nice mare. I went to their page as well and saw her. She looks fairly nice - what turned out to be her weakness issues ? Physical, neuro, or unknown at this time ?[/QUOTE]

She just simply sustained an injury an needs some time off and rest, rather than to keep pushing through the training and managing the problem along the way. She’s been competing in dressage since 2008, so she’ll get to have a nice break now and have some babies.

[QUOTE=Daventry;7263826]
She just simply sustained an injury that has resulted in some strength/weakness issues under saddle. Basically, it’s in her best interested to take some time off and rest, rather than to keep pushing through the training and managing the problem along the way. She’s been competing in dressage since 2008, so she’ll get to have a nice break now and have some babies.[/QUOTE]

It’s good to know that you won’t push your new mare into competition that (it seems) she should not be asked to perform. Of course being a broodie isn’t a comfortable life for some mares depending on the nature of their injury.

Being the expert that you are, I have no doubt you’ll take good care of her. :yes:

Even though pushing horses to compete when it is against their best interest to do so is often done, it doesn’t reflect well on her previous management…

Glad to know she landed softly with you.

As for the now (wisely) gelded “polish warmblood” stallion , he seems to be a good citizen, unlike his fraudulent connections.
I wonder if Sporthorses R us (the perpetrator of the fraud) still owns him, as he seems to be at a sales barn.

[QUOTE=Daventry;7263826]
She just simply sustained an injury that has resulted in some strength/weakness issues under saddle. Basically, it’s in her best interested to take some time off and rest, rather than to keep pushing through the training and managing the problem along the way. She’s been competing in dressage since 2008, so she’ll get to have a nice break now and have some babies.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I never spoke with them regarding but did wonder what her issue was and relieved to hear was nothing major. Wonderful she will have a good home. Sure she will make a great addition. I must ask what type of ponies will you be crossing her with ? May produce a “my size” warmblood that I would like to try !

[QUOTE=CrowneDragon;7262149]
If he was a fancy moving WB he’d be close to 6-figures.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you and I must be looking at a different horse. I just can’t see myself paying $40,000 for this horse (if I even had it), but there will be someone out there willing to pay it! I agree 100% with what Stoicfish said, he may be a very nice gelding and worth the price if he is competitive at the ULs.

I just don’t see him as being extremely competitive, and I think that is what most people want.