Tye dye equines

OR this is what happens when you lie and post pictures of your foals living in unsafe conditions. But witch hunt, yep, carry on. Eye roll.

How could anyone be so stupid in this day & age (of internet) to try to not just missrepresent a horse but an entire breeding program? Properly represented & marketed the horses in question have a nitch (draft x) market. Honesty IS the best policy. :S

Yeah sorry - I like to expose blatant lies and irresponsible breeding. I do not think they are things that should be tolerated, and should be exposed.

As for “credentials” – I am not a breeder, I know that I do not have the facilities, or the funds to breed horses. One should not go into the breeding business without those in place.

Like our dear breeder here – I am a graduate from Pony Club, earned by B before they had these specialized ratings. As a fellow Pony Clubber – I am appalled by the barbed wire fencing, the ribby horses, and the irresponsible handling of a stud.

Like our dear breeder – I have evented to prelim, and groomed for ** riders back when we had long format – I can assure you that the care level the dear breeder has shown, would NOT be acceptable to them.

From “Tye Dye’s” listed experience, it sounds like she should KNOW BETTER. I do not think it is shear ignorance like some back yard breeders. Why she chose to ignore the basics of good horsemanship, and create “opps babies”, keep horses behind barbed wire, and allow them to get pot bellies with ribs protruding is beyond me.

On behalf of Tye Dye Equines and SRU

This is to inform the persons making slanderous remarks on here pertaining to Tye Dye Equines and SRU. The content of these posts will not be tolerated and legal action is being pursued. If the negative comments are not removed the parties involved will be contacted by a private attorney and charges will be filed. I have never before seen such distasteful content posted about individuals without and legal documentation.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements:eek:, the moderators do their best to maintain an overall productive and enjoyable atmosphere in the forums, though policing each post is impossible.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

1. Conversations must be horse-related.

The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, we must maintain the focus on horses.

1. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.

Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

1. No advertising on the discussion forums.

Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Paid advertising is available in the classifieds forums and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics

When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501©(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

1. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo.

2. Respect and help the moderators.

As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a red triangle) on the upper right side of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action is deemed appropriate for the situation. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

Understand that the moderators exist to maintain a generally informative and enjoyable forum for the exchange of ideas, information and opinions on the horse world. While you may not always agree with their decisions, please respect that such actions are done in the best interest of the board, based upon a number of factors, not always readily apparent. If you question the handling of a situation, contact a moderator privately and respectfully, in order to discuss it.

1. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.

The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors.

1. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.

The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the Chronicle of the Horse’s forum!

I have read, and agree to abide by the Chronicle Forums rules.

sigh…the slander card always follows the house guest.

5 Likes

You should get out more! ETA: (Okay, sorry that was rude). What I meant was: you will need to get thicker skin if you want to be in the horse business :).

2 Likes

Sport horses are us. Why did you say your draft cross stallion was an imported Polish Warmblood - complete with a predigree listed on your website - that belongs to another horse?

Why did you do that? Why did you take it down from your website after this thread started?

3 Likes

Does one need legal documentation to post a photo and state what is in that photo? :confused:

1 Like

[QUOTE=trubandloki;6475860]
Does one need legal documentation to post a photo and state what is in that photo? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I guess we do not have “documentation” because Tye Dye and Sport Horses Are US took their websites - and all of their pictures down.

If there is nothing to hide, why have all of the photos and websites been removed? Nothing has been stated that was not true. The fences were barbed wire. The horses had visable ribs. The stallion has been represented as being various breeds which he is not approved with.

Please - point out the libel statements?

Yeah, if you are trying to state that you are not committing FRAUD, you probably should have legal documenation to back up your claims! (ie: PAPERS)

1 Like

[QUOTE=sporthorsesRus;6475820]
This is to inform the persons making slanderous remarks on here pertaining to Tye Dye Equines and SRU. The content of these posts will not be tolerated and legal action is being pursued. If the negative comments are not removed the parties involved will be contacted by a private attorney and charges will be filed. I have never before seen such distasteful content posted about individuals without and legal documentation.[/QUOTE]

Can you please list specifically what remarks were slanderous? Honestly, if something that has been posted on this thread about you or Tye Dye Equines that is slanderous, please feel free to elaborate and clear the air.

1 Like

Ha! This just got interesting. Pass the popcorn, I’ve got the wine…

I can’t WAIT to hear from the person who committed FRAUD by posting a stolen pedigree for her stallion what exactly was said on this thread was slanderous. :lol:

2 Likes

Slander = spoken
Libel = written

That is all. Carry on.

2 Likes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfoQAgbHL50

Pretty sure the accurate term is neither slander or libel. I was thinking exposed might be a good one or perhaps busted is more accurate. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

2 Likes

So lovely to get a dose of the terms and conditions, I needed that refresher…not. I figured this would turn into a trainwreck eventually. Entertainment on a Friday when work is just too boring. Proceed please (:

[QUOTE=sporthorsesRus;6475820]
This is to inform the persons making slanderous remarks on here pertaining to Tye Dye Equines and SRU. The content of these posts will not be tolerated and legal action is being pursued. [/QUOTE]

1. I believe you mean libelous as slander is spoken and libel is written, but to be qualified as either slander or libel they must be untrue (that’s a lie)

Negative comments are allowed (see first ammendment). It’s only libelous or slanderous comments that are a problem. So go ahead - produce your horses “Polish WB” papers and I’ll gladly recant everything I said about his pedigree being fictitious. Produce his CWB or CSHA papers and I’ll remove anything said about him not being a Canadian Warmblood. People on this forum have access to those databases though and they say he’s not listed… If you can clear up the confusion, I’d love it! Or go ahead and post his RPSI COP and make his true pedigree public!

As for the bit I mentioned about EVA, well that’s something everyone breeding should have info on, especially if a stallion owner has also bred a mare to a carrier stallion, and therefore has either had a mare that was vaccinated and had to be quarantied, or just took the risk of exposure. No one said your stallion was EVA positive - it is just apparent through your past breeidng to Redwine that the potential for exposure is there.

Show us YOUR documentation.

I haven’t seen anything vulgar posted… Only people pointing out what APPEAR to be blatant lies posted on your websites. Want me to pull up the cached copies to refresh your memory?

[QUOTE=sporthorsesRus;6475820]Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.[/QUOTE] Having a lie pointed out is not harrassment. I haven’t seen anything that qualifies as vulgar or malicious.

The rest of your post… check, check, check, check… Not even relevant. Good luck with your stallion. He may be a really nice draft cross, but let him be the best of what he really is. Don’t lie and then threaten to sue when you’re caught in it!

1 Like

[QUOTE=hundredacres;6476002]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfoQAgbHL50[/QUOTE]

Is that a Polish Warmblood eating popcorn???

1 Like

I don’t think SporthorseRus should be speaking for the moderators.

I also think that threats of private legal action on public message boards rarely scare people in this day and age, especially when they are critiquing a public website.

The content of these posts will not be tolerated and legal action is being pursued. If the negative comments are not removed the parties involved will be contacted by a private attorney and charges will be filed. I have never before seen such distasteful content posted about individuals without and legal documentation.

Also, you made a typo. I think you meant “any.”

Could I suggest that a better use might be made of your hard earned dollars than playing an attorney $250 an hour to write cease and desist letters to a lot of people?

2 Likes

Darn it. I saw the Dreamhorse ad for the Buckskin Overo ‘Polish WB’ stallion a few weeks ago. I knew I should’ve saved it, but it’s gone now.

PS - Sporthorses R Us, you forgot one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPZAWD2UR2I

Might want to rename that video. Maybe I’ll be seeing you at some shows this season, since we’re from the same Region.