Ultimate Dressage is closed

[QUOTE=ivym;8667400]
I’m sorta okay. I’ll never walk unaided or horror of horrors, ride well, again. I suffer from pretty significant ataxia (Parkinson-like tremors) and spasticity. I can’t open my eyes (I use tape), am deaf in one ear, and have a laundry list of things wrong with me. But, I’m lucky because the injury has mostly affected me physically, not-so-much mentally or emotionally.[/QUOTE]

Ivy, have you considered a therapeutic riding program, or is that not an option for you?

I just want to add that I miss UDBB. I find DDBB still young in its development… but everyone is very nice.
In the past i thought UDBB was WAY nicer to visit than here… but I never got involved in the drama there.

Ivy, nice to hear from you!!

I’d have a hard time taking direction from anyone at a Therapeutic Riding place. And I’ve always been a sucker for groundwork. I think having pride of ownership will be important for me. Besides, though there are special individuals, my experience (as a volunteer) with the horses there is that they aren’t anything special.

[QUOTE=ivym;8671883]
I’d have a hard time taking direction from anyone at a Therapeutic Riding place. And I’ve always been a sucker for groundwork. I think having pride of ownership will be important for me. Besides, though there are special individuals, my experience (as a volunteer) with the horses there is that they aren’t anything special.[/QUOTE]

There should be a special kind of Therapeutic Riding place which caters to those who know what they are doing but who have bodies that no longer are cooperating.

I just came back from a week riding in the UK. The horses we rode were certainly been-there-done-that to deal with a body which wasn’t at 100%, but I wouldn’t have kicked any of them out of my barn. All good brains, forward thinking but could also go slow enough if necessary, and handsome as all get out. These horses exist. I hope you find out that’s right for you.

[QUOTE=ivym;8671883]
I’d have a hard time taking direction from anyone at a Therapeutic Riding place. And I’ve always been a sucker for groundwork. I think having pride of ownership will be important for me. Besides, though there are special individuals, my experience (as a volunteer) with the horses there is that they aren’t anything special.[/QUOTE]

Have you looked into para dressage at all?