Ultimate Dressage is closed

[QUOTE=suzy;6945963]
I noticed the same thing as crockpot regarding moderation of that board, so either I am also “bitter” or just maybe there really was erratic moderation. Something to consider. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the dramalamas.

I noticed the same thing as crockpot regarding moderation of that board, so either I am also “bitter” or just maybe there really was erratic moderation. Something to consider.

yes, really, it was just an observation. :confused:

Nothing personal.

I for one am really sad UDBB is gone. When I was in a coma, people there got together and made me a horsey themed quilt that’s still on my bed. THANK YOU everyone.

Isn’t there a spiritual successor to UDBB floating around? I could have sworn that a bunch of members created another forum with a different name.

[QUOTE=ivym;8667366]
I for one am really sad UDBB is gone. When I was in a coma, people there got together and made me a horsey themed quilt that’s still on my bed. THANK YOU everyone.[/QUOTE]
I have thought about you so many times, wondered how you are doing?

Yes, it’s here http://definitelydressage.com/

I posted there for a while but in my opinion it was a closely knit gaggle of rail queens and not well moderated. I got tagged for not being dressagy enough and backed away.

I’m sorta okay. I’ll never walk unaided or horror of horrors, ride well, again. I suffer from pretty significant ataxia (Parkinson-like tremors) and spasticity. I can’t open my eyes (I use tape), am deaf in one ear, and have a laundry list of things wrong with me. But, I’m lucky because the injury has mostly affected me physically, not-so-much mentally or emotionally.

[QUOTE=ivym;8667400]
I’m sorta okay. I’ll never walk unaided or horror of horrors, ride well, again. I suffer from pretty significant ataxia (Parkinson-like tremors) and spasticity. I can’t open my eyes (I use tape), am deaf in one ear, and have a laundry list of things wrong with me. But, I’m lucky because the injury has mostly affected me physically, not-so-much mentally or emotionally.[/QUOTE]
People never stopped asking about you on the UDBB. You certainly have been through the wringer, my dear. But it’s wonderful to see you here and posting again. You won’t ride well? Who cares, if you can ride!

[QUOTE=enjoytheride;8667381]
Yes, it’s here http://definitelydressage.com/

I posted there for a while but in my opinion it was a closely knit gaggle of rail queens and not well moderated. I got tagged for not being dressagy enough and backed away.[/QUOTE]

Really? That’s a shame you’ve left, I don’t remember anyone being tagged for not being dressagy enough there. I like your blog.

I fondly remember the UDB and it’s a shame it closed.

enjoytheride - I remember you. I always liked your threads although I didn’t post on them much.

I remember you taking a lot of flack from a couple of other posters. I’m sorry that you felt ‘tagged’ like that. I thought that was on the UDBB though rather than the DDBB?

I post over on the DDBB regularly. If anything, I find the demographic in the training forum is more RIDERS and fewer rail birds than ever. The community as a whole is very supportive., although it’s now quite small. The 8-week challenge threads are more active than ever, and I for one would love to see you back there.

ivy - SO glad to see you back. :slight_smile:

There is a UDBB facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/368922133224857/

[QUOTE=carolprudm;6946105]
Not to mention the dramalamas.[/QUOTE] I thought it was drama llamas.

UDBB was so drama filled and mostly by the Mod. It was funny, and sad.

[QUOTE=Velvet;8668743]
I thought it was drama llamas.

UDBB was so drama filled and mostly by the Mod. It was funny, and sad.[/QUOTE]

I find it difficult to get sad about discussion forums. :lol:

[QUOTE=Rosie B;8667841]
enjoytheride - I remember you. I always liked your threads although I didn’t post on them much.

I remember you taking a lot of flack from a couple of other posters. I’m sorry that you felt ‘tagged’ like that. I thought that was on the UDBB though rather than the DDBB?

I post over on the DDBB regularly. If anything, I find the demographic in the training forum is more RIDERS and fewer rail birds than ever. The community as a whole is very supportive., although it’s now quite small. The 8-week challenge threads are more active than ever, and I for one would love to see you back there.

ivy - SO glad to see you back. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I’m a pretty average rider with an average horse and I believed in sharing my averageness so other people wouldn’t become dismayed at all the perfect riders posting their critiques.

First, it was getting slammed for wearing an extra layer of pants on top of my breeches when I was riding someone’s remedial horse for them with temps in the 20s.

Then when a poster kept following me from thread to thread accusing me of being abusive I left. I think I had posted something about getting a rearing horse to go forward by hitting it with a whip as an alternative to the horse going over backwards.

I also had another poster cyber stalk me in an attempt to buy a horse I was looking at that had some major issues.

It was the UDBB but I just didn’t feel like I belonged anymore on DD so I stepped away.

Time and attention is time and attention. It’s one thing to act all high-n-mighty, but the fact is we’re all here. And let me tell you, it’s probably not the bulletin board itself causing emotional distress, but the people behind it. And those people CARED enough to make me a quilt.

glad to hear from you ivy

[QUOTE=ivym;8668776]
Time and attention is time and attention. It’s one thing to act all high-n-mighty, but the fact is we’re all here. And let me tell you, it’s probably not the bulletin board itself causing emotional distress, but the people behind it. And those people CARED enough to make me a quilt.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ivym;8668776]
Time and attention is time and attention. It’s one thing to act all high-n-mighty, but the fact is we’re all here. And let me tell you, it’s probably not the bulletin board itself causing emotional distress, but the people behind it. And those people CARED enough to make me a quilt.[/QUOTE]

So happy for you that you got support. :slight_smile:

This exemplifies the very best side of the discussion forums.

Have seen similar things on CoTH as well

Ivy, one of my squares is on your quilt. It means a lot to me that you care for it. UDBB brought me some of my best friends and while I wasn’t a prolific poster, the board holds a lot of special memories. You’re one of them, Ivy. I’m so happy to hear from you again.