Unlimited access >

Unique names for a chestnut mare

Looking for a name that’s a bit different for my new mare that I’m picking up in the next coupe of days. She is a 8 year old, chestnut stock horse. Her current name is ‘Jill’ but it doesn’t suit her. I want something unique or a bit different :slight_smile:

I know “Scarlett” is waaay overdone, but I’ve always had a plan to name a red mare “Frankly My Dear” with Scarlett as a barn name if I ever have one ^.^ Even though I hated Gone with the Wind.

We have a little blood bay mare in my barn whose show name is Angeline. I love that – simple and a little “femme fatale.”

An old TB racehorse name that has stuck with me… “Maharesred”. It was by Mahares. It was chestnut.

Reba (McIntyre) - is a red head
Amber (redish-orangish color)
Ginger
Lucille Ball
Rita Hayworth
Carrot Top
Nicole (Kidman)
Pretty Woman
Ruby red)
Vermilion
Crimson Red
Scarlet
Blood Red
Fire Sign
Fire Water
Fire Intensity

i just saw an ad for a chestnut mare called Cashew and I really liked the name.

[QUOTE=Jessy95;8106285]
Looking for a name that’s a bit different for my new mare that I’m picking up in the next coupe of days. She is a 8 year old, chestnut stock horse. Her current name is ‘Jill’ but it doesn’t suit her. I want something unique or a bit different :)[/QUOTE]

Fuschia
Pink
Magenta
Tangerine
Clementine
Acorn
Umber
Ember
Firefly
Coral

Sangria

I like the name ‘Inflammable’ for a show name.
Have a little DOT hazard flame embroidered on the corner of the blanket.

Always wanted to name a mare Fanciulla (from the opera Fanciulla del West), which means young girl in Italian. Minnie, the main character and whom the title of the opera refers to (could also be the barn name, as could Fanny), is a strong cowgirl type.

I like Reba and Clementine. Scarlett and Ruby have been used to death.

I knew one named Sopa after the Mexican soup.

I had a filly named Flair/Flare, also.

I love the name Seraphin(e), with or without the “e”. Sadly, it’s becoming more and more popular for red horses.

i have a unique name for my chestnut mare. is it wrong that i don’t want to share her name because i love that it’s unique (as far as i’m aware)?

I like the name Delilah for a strong mare

There’s a chestnut mare at my barn that I call Emmaline. No one else calls her that, but I prefer it to her “real” name.

Well…Rita Hayworth, redhead - How about “Gilda” one of Hayworth’s famous roles? (or would everyone think Gilda Radner - maybe the Hayworth movie is too long ago for most under 50 year old)

Trivia you don’t need to know: Rita Hayworth’s real name was Cansino. My father’s birth surname was Cansino. Don’t know if we were related…)

Jacinda
Flame
Lucy

Jacinda
Flame
Lucy

I just got a chestnut mare last month :slight_smile:
I ended up naming her Ember, which I think suits her perfectly.
My runner-up name was Merida, which is the name of the main character from the Disney movie Brave. In the movie she had bright red hair and was a feisty, strong little girl.
Some other names I considered were Ariel, Reba, and Ella.

[QUOTE=CustomDesign;8107792]
I just got a chestnut mare last month :slight_smile:
I ended up naming her Ember, which I think suits her perfectly.
My runner-up name was Merida, which is the name of the main character from the Disney movie Brave. In the movie she had bright red hair and was a feisty, strong little girl.
Some other names I considered were Ariel, Reba, and Ella.[/QUOTE]

Merida is awesome! (Says the Scottish girl :slight_smile: )