Unlimited access >

Update it's getting better

I’ve been on my new med for6 months. Back then I could barely walk from my chair to the bathroom.

Yesterday I did ( 3 )2 /2 minutes on my elliptical at half speed. I’m still very weak and down 40 lbs but it’s slowly getting better. I’m still on 3 liters of oxygen per min and coughing up a lot of mucus but that is slacking off too

25 Likes

I’m glad you are doing better!

1 Like

Good to read of improvements, can’t imagine what it’s like living with this.

1 Like

It’s been tough for sure. I’m at the point of feeling well enough to want to do things but have to be careful.

I’m on IVIG and brukinsa, A targeted therapy. I really didn’t want to go on it but I’m glad my oncologist convinced me. My blood counts will never be normal but they are getting better and I even have antibodies to the spike protein

12 Likes

Glad to hear you are okay! Sending more jingles your way!

3 Likes

So glad you’re improving!! I hope it continues.

1 Like

Me too! I did two three minute intervals on my elliptical this afternoon. A month ago I could do 15 seconds.
Now I have to start resistance exercises.

I alternate between wow three minutes and darn I used to do 45 at more than twice the speed

5 Likes

Thats wonderful!

1 Like

Spoke to soon. In ED

Jingles.

I’m sorry! Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Jingles!!

2 Likes

Hang in there @Graymaresrule! Sending positive thoughts your way!

1 Like

Jingles!

1 Like

!y hematocrit is down to8. Seven rates a transfusion.

They want to repeat the bronchoscopy they did last October which didn’t yield any actionable results and darn near killed me. Only slightly exagerating.

The radiologist thinks I have a mycobacterial infection but they ate hard to culture.

At any rate the oncology floor at UVa is very nice

2 Likes

Woohoo something grew on the sputum culture! Now we have something concrete to treat

3 Likes

I hope it responds quickly to meds!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for you @Graymaresrule!

1 Like

I hope you get some relief soon and feel better.

2 Likes

Still leaking somewhere. Hemoglobin 7.5Gram negative rods from culture

I hope your doctors can get everything under control. How frustrating it must be for you.

2 Likes