Unlimited access >

Update pg 100-Erin sends the thread over the Rainbow Bridge. It had a good life...

Well THANKS a LOT Buff4948! I just got FIRED and it’s YOUR fault! Dang nabbit!

Now what to do?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by Cindeye:
Help. My horse keeps throwing me off and I don’t know what to do. My trainer says I should just get a $2000 kevlar helmet and get over it. Anyone else have this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m in the 'better riding through Chemistry" camp myself…put enough ‘happy juice’ in him and he won’t even notice you’re still on him (of course he probably won’t notice where his feet are either… but that’s another issue ). Another BIG plus to this program is that you’ll have NO problem getting that long and low, nose dragging the ground, stagger - oops, I mean WALK, out of him!

And hey, so what if he permenantly ‘hangs down’? Everyone will be jealous that you
are riding such a quiet studly!

A warning would be great. I just spewed coffee all over my desk!!

The sad thing is, I’ve read a lot of these on here lately. Must be the full moon.

FEDX just delivered my new bridle just in time for the parade! It has little slots in nose and brow band that will hold my Sparklers I just purchased at Wal-Mart. I got the multi-colored to add more bling to my newly imported yearling. I weigh close to 300 pounds, do you think the yearling can carry my weight for 8 hours? We are planning to only do Training 4 so there won’t be too much canter work…but I’m leaving the option open of stepping into a 2nd level scratch if she’s behaving ok. I checked the USEF rulebook about sparklers and couldn’t find a rule, but then I recalled we missed the deadline to get our 60 x 20 mile dressage ring ride-a-thon on I40 USDF or USEF approved. Guess that will cut down on entries.

I agree with FinderKeepers, Viney-sounds like a hell of a deal.

Of course you cannot afford to feed 7 horses hay all year around-only those with a gazillion dollars can do that!

I think to make it work financially, you should do some breeding-that is sure to bring some money in.

FK was onto something when she said to make the Barbwire hot-that would be a super fence and they certainly would respect it.

Sounds like you are getting a little extravagant with the double wide-maybe you should just stick with a single wide. Or maybe you should just put up a lean to and that way the horses would have shelter as well as you.

If it is as low as you say it is and prone to flooding, well, there is your natural water tank! More money saved!

I’ll bring the streamers, thats no problem at all. I’m working now on inflating this blonde look-alike doll so I can leave the office early and get there to help decorate, and also so we can get these cookies stored properly, no one wants stale cookies.

horse_poo – Hmmm…where do you live? Does your date have any cute friends around the ages of 25 to 29? If so, wanna help a fellow tripod lover out?

What is BOSS? I keep reading posts about it but can’t remotely determine what it is.

Helen, you’re probably familiar with the parade we’ll be having here Monday covering the entire state of NC E to W. We invite all red necks from all states to bring their horses of any breedin’ and ride, ride, ride. You can drive 'em or ride 'em. All along the way we have vendor booths for Animal Communicators, Natural Horsemanship, Bicycle Chain Bit vendors and we’ve just added a large booth for the Horse Rescue League of America, so if you don’t already have a mount, come and pick one out. Hay string halter/bridle included to the first 3,000 customers. You’ll also be given detailed maps of every farrier, vet, board barn, massage therapist, chiropractor (human and equine) and BOSS vendor in the Southeast along with detailed directions from your home. Come one come all. No training necessary.

We’re searching for food vendors - perhaps we can talk the rescue league into firing up the pits.

Holly - I just read a post on “racking” so i know what to do now. I’ve already gotten her to try some “new gaits” and shes doing great…just ignore the scars on her heels.

Where is my fillygelding???

Sent. I’m feeling a bit peckish after all the hard work I’ve done today. Anyone got any leftover gopher kabobs?

Okay MCM and Delapp are on the committee. Let’s have Prom next weekend. Is that enough time for everyone?

We need a theme so far we have Smegma Dip (hee hee I said it) and rescue burgers. What about Mini-Ka-bobs? Anyone want to make them? Just marinade them awhile-they’re small but tough.

We need a color scheme and theme song - How about ‘Save a horse ride a Cowboy’? Ooooh I love organizing

DMK!!! You are still ALIVE???

If I were going to throw an actual party, I would invite all you guys.

Anyone going to be in either Charleston SC, OR Fayetteville NC this weekend?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by mcm7780:

Egg BUTT – Can you tell me more about the Lost Scrolls of BOSS in Arizona? Sounds mystical and magical!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Long ago in a galaxy far away, a species of beings knew they had to leave their planet to find a new home as the Ortho Weed-B-Gone beings were beginning to infest their home. These super intelligent, highly omega-fatty-acid little black beings traveled far and wide looking for a suitable place to plant their seed and begin again.

A beautiful blue marble appeared on the horizon of their tiny window on their tiny voyager capsule. They loved the color and set their sites for the blue dot on their windshield. Their landing was cushioned by the soft grassy, leafy meadows of what is now Arizona and they thrived for eons with no fears or disease or cares in the world.

Then one dark day a four legged creature with a long hairy tail and long neck came stomping through their village eating all the beautiful yellow faced flowers and raping and pillaging all the tiny super intelligent, highly omega-fatty-acid little black beings. No sooner had this one creature come, but thousands more came and soon the super intelligent, highly omega-fatty-acid little black beings were in fear for their lives once again and began to journey far and wide in small bands. The leader of the super intelligent, highly omega-fatty-acid little black beings left a detailed description of their lives in other worlds and the code to their various languages as written on parchment paper made from the leaves of the dead yellow flowers. These scrolls have never been found and none of the decendants of these brave super intelligent, highly omega-fatty-acid little black beings have ever communicated with anyone.

I have spent my life researching how to communicate with what we “modern people” call BOSS and it’s been to no avail. I’ve tried everything and nothing works. Zapping them with electrodes, dipping them in water, dangling them by their tiny pointed necks, throwing off the spaghetti junction overpass, tossing them on resque bbq pits, chewing them madly, and feeding them to every animal I can think of has not feared them into talking. Woe is me…the search continues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by Holly Jeanne:
By the way, can I just write my dressage test on the back of my hand or stitch it on the back of a glove? I’m probably going to be looking down anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is why I love the COTH BB. People here are so smart, and come up with such great ideas!

Finders – Ohhh…do you think you could teach my 20hh horse Rambo Go Gold Fishes to rack, too? I am in the process of stacking his feet so he should be 24hh by tomorrow so he’ll match Snap’s horse. Will that hinder his progress?

On any given day, it could go either way!

Snap – How’s the foalt’s tendon healing? You said you were able to cut a little bit of it…it’s not infected is it? Because, if it is, his price will have to drop a few million! Have you names the foalt yet?

I’m so sorry, MCM. I know you had your heart set on doing the 1.50m speed class at Spruce Meadows. Unfortunately you mis-read the programme and it wasn’t a 1.50m limbo class. Don’t worry, I’ve entered you in the sunken rail class at this weekend’s show. The one where they dig the rails into the ground so they’re flush with the surface. You and flea bag should a be a shoo-in, especially now we’ve put 10 stacked up egg-bar shoes on each of his back legs. That ought to get him off the ground.

And yes, I am a she. Although the long hair should have clued you in by now, if nothing else.

Also, you know very well I only drink smegma coolers for my bad back. Riding all those tripods is very hard on the joints.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Jesse Helms is still missing…please return him if you have him in your saddlebag. He’s not good for much anyway. Folks were very upset at his judging of all black horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

burp