Unlimited access >

Update pg 100-Erin sends the thread over the Rainbow Bridge. It had a good life...

I’ve got a question for the experts.

I’m looking for a farmette for my horses, dogs and me. I have seven horses and have so far been looking a local real estate with two or three acres attached, as I can’t be in animal friendly zoning in my county, close to my job, shopping and entertainment, and still find an affordable place that is any bigger.

Well, I think I’ve found something that would be perfect for all of us. It’s three acres of woods, no fences yet, no barns, no urban style utilities (I would need to drill my own well and run lines for all the electricity) and I’d need to live in a doublewide. There are only two problems with this place–you don’t have county road frontage (have to drive through someone else’s property to get there), and it’s low. I’ve only seen it in this year’s drought, so it doesn’t look boggy; but it is in the flood zone of a very large river

They are only asking 20K per acre for the three acres; and I’d need to do major work before all seven horses could move in: put in fences, water, etc., etc., along with getting the doublewide in place. Horses don’t need pasture to live on, do they? They can eat the cypress trees and palmettos that grow on the land now, can’t they? I wouldn’t be able to afford year round hay for seven horses.

Good deal or no?

BTW, I’ve checked into fencing and it looks like all I’ll be able to afford is barbed wire and metal posts. I wouldn’t be able to afford shelter for the horses for a couple of years, but there are plenty of trees for them to shelter under. But then they would have home made run-ins.

So what do you guys think? Should I go for it?

Hum I could lease him for $18 dollars a month that’s only 60 cents a day less than a cup of coffee that I don’t drink anyway.

Does he come with really expensive equipment? Do you care what trainer I use? Can I have stacked shoes put on to make him taller?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by mcm7780:
Snappy Pants – I forgot your account number at the National Bank of Antartica. Could you send it to me along with your pin, social security number, mothers maiden name, and all other pertinant information? Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if you could post that stuff here on the board, several of us might make use of it/ I mean, find it useful.

Can I take my 10h pony in the leadline class? I’m 5’6 so I may look a little small on him…will that be okay? And what should I wear? Wranglers and a blingy shirt, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by eventable:
DeLapp, I have six Gypsy Vanners here for you to choose from. One is a very rare Vanner Tripod X and I’ve put him aside for you - I just know you’ll love him. He’s called Snorkel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even Table: I took the liberty of posting your horse “Snorkel” on my webshots page. Please follow the link to view the 6 million dollar Snorkel… He is very handsome…

http://community.webshots.com/user/ncsuacd

Seriously PMU, there is no messing with the wonder team, we are going to win at any cost! But I can always sell you one of my other poorly fitting saddles if you want, they are super expensive to and I’d charge 3x what I paid for the Butet. NOT AN AD!!

Mcm- 22h huh? Well the horse/moose is 24h without shoes so perhaps I should shave some hoof down to meet the 22h? Either that or just stack Rambo’s higher it can only help right? And what is Rambo’s exact color 'cause I want to die the horse/moose the same color. Also, what can I do with his antlers to bling him up?

mcm…no, don’t fire her. Even Table has a “PLAN” for your progress and you are apparently progressing at a pace she likes. I’m positive you’ll reach your goals with her! Cantering is overrated anyway!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-title”>quote:</div><div class=“ip-ubbcode-quote-content”>Originally posted by jetsmom:
I updated the title in your honor Queasy. I wasn’t sure if Chianti went with all colors.
I did try to look in my new French cookbook - “My Friend Flicka…tastes great, less filling.” </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DAMN! And I’m fresh out of Flicka!!! All I have is a Palomina Porterhouse in the freezer and I’m leaning toward a mildly oakey chardonnay. Has anyone every had a Friesian??? I imagine the Friesian filet mignon is beyond words (but all those nasty feathers to deal with).

Lets have the prom at Fort Bragg. I’m thinking of my dasiy duke cut off with bling fringe!!!

I would like to be head honcho on the committee so from now all suggestions have to be cleared through me.

I like the disco ball idea.

Oh by the way - I have claimed the students pimped out trailer as my prom ride!!!

Helen - you need to read the new topic of “the Great BB Experiment” on Off Course and come back and tell us the analysis of this thread

This just in- BREAKING NEWS! Jesse Helms and John Edwards have agreed to Judge our I-40 Dressage Fest!!! Hot diggity dog! What a coup!!! We’ll have the entire gamut of score ranges to post!!! Did you know Jesse is a BNT in NC?

Tell you what though… gotta love Fort Bragg. Just walking to the arena, I would see about 15 really cute guys.

Now they are all to young for me, but hey, I can still look right??

horse_poor - we dont care if you dont come to the bbq!

obviously you are NOT one of the cool kids that eats lunch together and makes fun of everyone else. if you were, then you would agree with what we say because thats what most cool kids do…

so by not coming to the bbq, then you aren’t coming to prom? because the bbq is AFTER prom…so you don’t get bbq or smegma dip, or any tripods if you dont come. so there!

i’m telling my mom that you are mean. and shes gonna tell my trainer!

happy b-day mcm!

we aren’t fighting! the cool kids do NOT fight! we were having a discussion!..

the prom is next weekend, and i’m not sure where it is…there is talk of one of the dakotas as well as fort bragg because we already had the 4th thing in NC…

Eggbutt, make sure they are seated in the chairs with the JUDGE paper taped underneath them

And for the person who had to shorten her OTTBs legs-feel free to use my baling twine and elmer’s glue to reconstruct them!

I’m taking suggestions for a new title…

Sure, you deposit $40 million in my bank account and I’ll give you change for $39.95. Because I’m generous, I’ll throw in a 20.6 hand Shire / Falabella cross stallion I’ve got knocking around here. He can jump 6’8 backwards, and is also schooling advanced dressage.

…"So now my mare is no longer pregnant but is nursing both babies. She seems to have a full utter bag, is this normal? I mean it is HUGE and I don’t understand why she would be producing milk??? Anyone know? I’d call my sister Pop the vet but I am in the middle of the ocean with just my telepathic COTH powers to transmit.

Still no one else has a foalt?? I really wanted to do team penning in tandem! "

I don’t understand why she should be producing milk either, there should be BOSS coming out of those teats. You’d better call the chiropracter out quick! I would also get her some homeopathic Miracle Grow solution and give the mare 5 drops of blue liquid 4 times a day. Bed her down in peat moss until you see sprouts coming out her baggie.
Don’t forget it’s winter in NZ and you have to put borium ice skate blades on the easyboots or you’ll never get those cows penned.

Oprah wants to make the life stories part of her Book Of The Month Club as long as nobody buys any breeches at Hermes, so everybody be cool and don’t shop there. After the book deal Jackson’s got the film rights to the script and is planning on casting Viggo Mortenson in the movie (Bored With The Rings) as a rodeo cowboy down and out on his luck who makes a successful comeback riding an Egyptian Arabian/draft cross 500 miles across the New Zealand estuaries and tidal beaches, bucking all the way, beating all the local Warmbloods. Viggo had the horse collected the entire journey.

(sob…my life is so boring…I’ll never be famous.I must live vicariously thru movies.)

Helen’s son IS cute. And a local. Bonus!

Where do y’all find your hott vets? Can we invite them to prom as well?

Here’s what I have in my fridge: Crystal Light, cheese, egg beaters, pickles. BUT, my horse is due for his weekly sheath cleaning (he’s what my not hott vet refers to as “greasy”), so I could bring some apps. I am thinking mushroom caps stuffed with cream cheese, spicy sausage, and smegma, then baked. Is that too heavy for the heat? Perhaps a lovely salad with a smegma vinaigrette?

Am headed to meet the vet right now–I’ll pick up another tub of apple Bute powder so we can do some lines later. I’ve heard that Bute is really good for smegma cooler hangovers, and the new assistant BNT at my friend’s barn said it’s not poisonous if you take more than 3 grams.

I think fillygeldings can have babies - and if your lucky, the baby might be a fillygelding too!

What I am interested to know is how snor-kal became a stallion. What do you feed him? (besides BOSS of course) If anyone can tell me how to de-geld my tripod that would be great.

Ooh this is exciting, I can’t wait to have a baby fillygelding! If I’m lucky I might even have it trained in time for the rodeo!