Updated barisone lawsuit 10/29/21 post 851

Nah, troll is gone, we don’t need drinks anymore :wink:

3 Likes

Prep for when they come back….it could be months from now……

6 Likes

Umbrella drinks are never a bad thing. No trolls required to enjoy one.

20 Likes

Thank you for explaining this. I had always heard about squatters, but never knew the specifics. It is actually relevant to what I am going through now, so very helpful to me. Daughter wants to rent an apartment with her friend at college, but friend’s parent has not cosigned yet. I don’t have a good feeling about it. It could wind up being a remote semester.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome.

Being a landlord is not easy. Neither is being a tenant.

5 Likes

It was a limited edition

2 Likes

Whenever I relocated for work, some of my boarding barns asked for references from previous barn owners, maybe because I was new to the area. I’m wondering why barns don’t ask for that info and do the follow-up.

(Although that wouldn’t always work in some cases. I was at one barn that I found out mistreated my mare. I couldn’t get a trailer ride to new barn for 2 days. They said they would not guarantee her safety, which I took as a threat, so I called the police. A police officer came and told them not to touch her, that I would come to feed her and turn out/bring in. If she received even a scratch in the next 2 days, he would personally come after them. I’m sure they were sweating bullets since we know silly TBs can do totally innocent silly things. Wouldn’t have asked that barn for a reference :slightly_smiling_face:).

6 Likes

It would do no good.
Heck, landlords ask for references and they do no good. If you want that boarder out, and they can’t leave until they find a new barn why would the current barn owner say something bad about them to the person calling? When needed, I am sure any barn owner can think of something nice to say about even the most annoying boarder.

7 Likes

It’s like when you’re looking at a fugly horse. “Boy, I sure like his name, how creative!” as you slink away into the darkness…

7 Likes

Yes! Exactly!

“They kept their tack locker immaculate” or “They always made sure Dobbin had a good supply of fly spray”.

4 Likes

I was surprised in this article (about midway through) that a police source commented that MB just went for his gun and implied that he went there with the intent to shoot.

In my area, police are not supposed to make a comment early in the investigation, usually someone from the police makes a public statement or says that the investigation is ongoing or something like that.

Is this unusual for them to say something about the incident so soon?

2 Likes

This is highly unusual and now appears to be typical of this Barney Fife police department.

20 Likes

Police often write bad reports but this was a tad bit much.

7 Likes

That cop should have been reprimanded for speaking to the press giving that statement.

There is only one person who could have possibly told the cop that story (unless the cop made it up) and that was Goodwin…one of the major players in this.

19 Likes

Seems the NY Post got a lot wrong - surprise, surprise!

5 Likes

I would think that even if there was a case where police might have had a full confession that they still wouldn’t be allowed to say anything to the press at that point.

5 Likes

Yeah, that entire PD appears to have dropped the ball in many ways.

9 Likes

It’s almost verbatim what LK was posting on the original thread ~ 9/19. Maybe she doesn’t really remember what happened anymore than MB claims he does.

ETA: the article is from 2 days after the shooting and LK has stated it took her 4 days to wake up in the ICU.

4 Likes

I’m sorry (and I am horrible, and this is totally irrelevant), but reading made me think of this:

We Both Reached for the Gun, Best Performance Ever! - YouTube

Aside–My ex-husband played the role of Mary Sunshine in our civic theater’s production of “Chicago.”

4 Likes

For those interested in reading true crime stories, “And the Sea Will Tell” by Vincent Bugliosi is a good book. He was the author of “Helter Skelter” and the prosecutor in the Charles Manson case.
This book also gives insight into how a defense is prepared as well as the trial.

2 Likes