Unlimited access >

Updated barisone lawsuit 10/29/21 post 851

I have a legal question. If a building is considered uninhabitable (or whatever the legal wording would be), if people were occupying the home and GF a fire broke out or a structure failed, who would be liable if people were injured?

We have had some cases where the owners of new homes being built tried to move in before the house could be legally occupied and the sheriff made them leave.
-Not that I expect legal info on the neighbor’s cases :grin:

1 Like

Can’t occupy a new house until it gets a Certificate of Occupancy.

3 Likes

In the case of MB, if something happened with his house and there was an order to vacate, would he or the LLC be liable or would the police also bear some responsibility if they did not enforce it?

Whomever is on the deed. But they could turn around and sue another. Example:

Car A is rear ended by Car B. Car B asserts they were pushed into Car A by Car C.

Car A sues Car B and on the same case Car B sues Car C. (Third party defendant)

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. My initial question may have sounded rambling. I have a 100lb sick dog on my lap and they will not let me read what I am typing.

5 Likes

I’m sorry your dog is sick. Hope it’s nothing serious!

2 Likes

Unfortunately she is 15yrs old and although she is not at a hospice point yet, she isn’t feeling well today. We are supposed to go back to the Vet this weekend.

4 Likes

Holy hell. If, as I understand from the discussion here, there is evidence for all of this, this is truly horrific. Especially the stuff with minors - that’s crossing so many lines I just don’t know where to start.

If you read all this and the only thing “interesting” to you is the occupancy info, you need to seriously examine your priorities b/c they are not okay.

I hope the minor can testify but I agree with whomsoever up-thread noted that with the history of threats and cyber bullying/stalking, etc. it does make it hard for someone to put themselves in those crosshairs by testifying in open court. Even by video. It would be totally reasonable for the minor and/or their parent/guardian to be fearful b/c they know this history and they know the minor is known to the parties and, thus, would be vulnerable to being targeted for revenge.

17 Likes

I pray your dog returns to health and vigor.

8 Likes

Thank you, yes all of this new info is very disturbing and confusing as to why something wasn’t done sooner.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. Major hugs to you and her. What breed is she?

She is a mix of everything-a rescue we picked up as a puppy. I would love to get a DNA test done! We went to the Vet earlier this week to get her meds updated and she felt good yesterday and tried to chase a bunny but Im not sure one of the new meds is agreeing with her. She looks like she is dropping weight fast too which is worrisome although her tests all came back good the other day. She is now loosing bladder control and thats what the new medication is for. Poor puppy!

5 Likes

I hope she feels better soon.

4 Likes

Thank you, I told the Vet as along as we can keep her comfortable and happy and she has a good quality of life I want to keep trying to keep her going. He agreed that she isn’t to the point where we need to make The Decision yet. I hope this is just a minor setback.

5 Likes

At several points in this amended filing, the police officers are quoted as saying “we were worried something like this would happen.”

….

Ummmmm.

19 Likes

That doesn’t seem like a very wise thing for them to say out loud.

11 Likes

It is used to treat opioid addiction. Although you can get high from it, the high is proceeded by vomiting. In order to get high you have to break it down and snort it or otherwise ingest it, which activates the agent that cause the vomiting.

Most medical providers have moved to a sub-lingual tab that melts, while others prescribe a liquid to bypass a patient’s ability to break it down and get high.

I have been there and done that with my addict son.
Sheilah

16 Likes

:pensive:

2 Likes

So either one of these two does indeed have an opioid addiction as alleged, or is using this to get high. Otherwise, why would Suboxone boxes be in their possession?

Its a prescription, correct?
So if its being used by someone, to whom its not prescribed, to get high… Can the person it is prescribed to be charged with dealing?

5 Likes

[quote]
78. The situation continued to escalate out of control, with Kanarek and Goodwin
increasing their terroristic threats, harassment, stalking, and/or other criminal behaviors.
79. The behaviors of Kanarek and Goodwin at the Farm, for example, evidenced what
others on the premises took to be planning, stalking, and threats to injury Gray’s horse and/or
other horse boarded in the barn, including the possibility that the barn might be set on fire.
80. But that was hardly the only mayhem Goodwin and Kanarek intentionally caused
at the Farm now that the WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP and the responding DEFENDANT
POLICE OFFICERS had empowered those perpetrators through the defendants’ failures and
refusals to take appropriate action following the first, two “911” calls BARISONE had made.
81. For the purpose of threatening BARISONE and Gray and to cause them fear for
their lives and the lives of Gray’s children, Kanarek and Goodwin commenced cyber-stalking
Gray’s children by sending them social media “friend requests” and/or like contacts.
82. The contacts initiated by Kanarek and/or Goodwin were particularly disturbing
when taken in context, based upon Kanarek’s prior expressed threat of violence and mayhem
against Gray to “destroy” Gray and everything in Gray’s life that was “important” to Gray,
following Kanarek’s Internet posting regarding “death” to her enemies.
83. Making matters even more threatening, Kanarek and/or Goodwin continued their
efforts to trespass into the club room at the barn, where BARISONE, Gray and the other peaceful
residents at the Farm had taken refuge from Kanarek and Goodwin.[/quote]

Charming couple. Who wouldn’t want them in their home for a few weeks?

19 Likes