Updated barisone lawsuit 10/29/21 post 851

Yeah, who wouldn’t be desperate to get them out, to get help from law enforcement?

12 Likes

Unless the doctor is running a pill mill, I don’t think so. If the doctor prescribes the medication in a legal way, within normal dosages, if the patient misuses the medication, that’s on the patient.

That’s why a good doctor will insist on follow-up appointments and limit the amount of refills and quantity on painkillers, etc.

5 Likes

Yes. The DEA takes it seriously. Ketamine is a Schedule III drug and it is tracked carefully.

Schedule III /IIIN Controlled Substances (3/3N)

Examples of Schedule III narcotics include: products containing not more than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with Codeine®), and buprenorphine (Suboxone®).

5 Likes

But the patient who it’s prescribed to… Can the patient face charges if they then sell or give it away for recreational use

2 Likes

Oh totally. Absolutely. That’s distribution.

8 Likes

Yes and a box has a street value of about $600. About double the legal price.

6 Likes

I used to order ketamine and buprenorphine for lab use. You would not believe the protocols for secure transport and storage.

4 Likes

I would! Such a (necessary) PITA.

3 Likes

I worked in an animal ER and had to keep a log of all controlled substances.
I totally get it

3 Likes

I can only imagine. I worked in a lab and had to jump through hoops just to get 100% ETOH to clean the hood, etc. Turns out, people drink it! :astonished:

3 Likes

I think in some parts of the country (eg:Florida) suboxone is easier to get than in others. I say this because of the experience of a relative by marriage. I don’t want to rehash details but weaning them off it was damn hard. As it happened that drug was not as liberally dispensed in Massachusetts so weaning down from the maximum dose was necessary and difficult for all involved.

4 Likes

Or months.

4 Likes

This reminds me more and more of Pacific Heights with each update.

4 Likes

Thats what I keep thinking. Amazing what you can find out in discovery, ennit?

2 Likes

It more tells me someone is actively treating a drug problem, which is a good thing, no?

2 Likes

No - the DEA takes a dim view of anyone who prescribes or dispenses in bulk. It can be done, but it is not a ‘best practice’.

6 Likes

I cannot for the life of me understand why people have to be so horrible and evil.

I’m sorry, but threatening minors and whatnot makes you utter trash. This is a general statement and applies to anyone who does this. Threatening animals is also despicable.

If even some of the accusations/statements in the lawsuit are true…What kind of people move/force their way onto someone’s farm (why can’t you just buy your own?!) and just terrorize everyone? Why would you do that? It’s so incredibly sad.

I just cannot imagine being so unhappy with my life and myself that I have to terrorize others to get some sort of joy.

I don’t know who or if someone involved is an actual heroin addict, but I will say, from personal experience, heroin addicts are capable of nearly anything. They will go to the lowest of lows, they have no limits. It’s incredibly ugly and sad.

33 Likes

@CanteringCarrot

True. Malignant narcissists also take things to the extreme because they must win in their minds.

15 Likes

I can not get that poor kid out of my mind!
Some poor thing was just trying to enjoy their hobby and then this happens. Bad enough that it happened, that a kid was threatened and scared but then the police did that to them.

Standard disclaimers - NODTBS & NODTBB

9 Likes

The other interesting thing about Suboxone is that relatively few doctors can prescribe it. It is easier to get approved to prescribe it now, as the previous administration lifted some of the requirements. Before you needed to take an 8 hour class and then you get your special DEA number. Any doctor can prescribe 3 doses for compassionate therapeutic use (ie, the patient is in full blown withdrawal and in terrible pain and discomfort) but managing this particular prescription is rather fraught, as addicts need a lot of support as they battle their disease. A busy internal medicine doc or family practice doc may not have the bandwidth to manage this type of patient.

8 Likes