Updated barisone lawsuit 10/29/21 post 851

I honestly don’t even read her posts here because they are so erratic and impossible to follow, so I don’t know what her version of events is. Like I said, I base my opinion on published facts and who is in jail and who is not. I am open to the fact that my opinion could change as more facts come out, but until then, I’m not going to guess.

1 Like

No, those other witnesses will support the idea that he was suffering severe psychological trauma due to severe psychological torment. Not anything more.

14 Likes

Sometimes I think it is a case of not wanting to open the wormhole. I suspect they know something is wrong, but they either can’t do anything, or don’t want to start the whole sordid process.

I also know that for some officers, the immediate intervention is what they think is important, meaning that if they stop someone speeding, going to court isn’t that important because they stopped the unlawful activity as it was taking place, end of. If they have to go to court, they aren’t stopping things as they happen.

In the Petito case and this one, it was just emotion and weird uncomfortableness, nothing to stop. I’m sure they thought their presence was enough to get things back on track.

Yet another couple of cases where the police are woefully unprepared for emotional/mental health interventions.

8 Likes

No one else’s experience with LK can prove anything about MB’s mental state at the time of the shooting. I’m not sure why that is so difficult for some to understand, but again, here we are.

3 Likes

Why would anyone chime in about anything you suggest?

Earlier, in your typical know nothing fashion, you suggested that since LK was always concerned about a fire in the barn it somehow makes the libelous charge in Deininger’s complaint that she threatened to burn down the barn more credible. What BS! Lots of horse people are always concerned about fire in the barn. It happens way too often, sadly.
But by your reasoning if a horse person speaks or writes about their concerns with barn fires that’s evidence that she may be an arsonist. Well you just indicted hundreds of barn owners, horse owners, etc.
So, no, we will not be chiming in nor ringing your bell about any scenario you present. They’re simply idiotic.

4 Likes

Well, it’s already come out that MB doesn’t remember to have a side to tell because of amnesia from psychological trauma. The only narrative the police can have for “attempted murder” which implies a premeditated intent to kill her (as apposed to other forms of attempted homicide) is from RG/LK.

8 Likes

Again, until actual facts come out in the trial, I am sticking with reports at the time of the shooting, and the fact that MB is in jail and LK and RG are not. And once more for those in the back, I am open to changing my opinion when more FACTS come out during the trial.

2 Likes

No it does not imply anyone would be justified in shooting anyone.

5 Likes

Wait, I was wrong. I apologize. You are capable of a comment that makes sense.

Yes LK/RG are the only witnesses. Actually there’s another but the prosecution likely doesn’t need that one.

That’s the reason for the insanity defense. Self defense is not gonna work and the defense team knows that.

1 Like

Where did I use the word “justified”?

1 Like

You do realize lots of innocent people sit in jail for years right? And lots of guilty people don’t spend a day in jail. Sitting in jail isn’t some great indication the police have the facts correct or that they haven’t crafted the “facts” to support the narrative they want. There is plenty of evidence that they do, in fact, craft the facts to fit the narrative they want.

25 Likes

Because “innocent” people never go to jail?

15 Likes

QFP.

6 Likes

No it does not imply anyone would be justified in or have a reason to shooting anyone.

1 Like

QFP, QFP, QFP…I see your QFP and I raise you 2 QFPs.

2 Likes

Did I hear something? Huh, funny I thought I heard something!

8 Likes

I was told recently of the National Registry of Exonerations which I believe is through the University of Michigan’s Law School. It was eye opening to read some of those stories and unfortunately some were due to sloppy police work.

Edited-the exonerations were not due to sloppy police work but the reason the people were convicted were.

7 Likes

And that is where my repeated claim that my opinion could change when facts come out in the trial comes into play. At this time, the evidence those in charge have shows that MB belongs in jail and LK and RG do not. [Edit]

Why do you have quotation marks around the word innocent? It doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

What I am trying to convey is that when it comes to these kind of cases ANYTHING can happen. I am trying to explore possibilities.

Who would have thought that an old shriveled glove would exonerate OJ? We all know what happens to leather gloves after they’ve been thoroughly soaked and then dry out - yet the natural tendency of leather shrinkage was totally ignored. When OJ went to try on the glove Cochran chimed “if the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit”.

Never could that have been predicted.

So much depends on the competency of the prosecutors office, the police and the skill of the defense - even the foibles of the jury - that outcomes are never certain. That’s why folks pay big bucks for skilled attorneys.

Testimony that might normally not be permitted could, given the right circumstances, find it’s way into the hearing.

One could stage identical hearings and using different judges, D A.s, Defense counsel and juries end up with vastly different results.

Court cases are all about possibilities.

15 Likes

Then why, exactly are you here? If you don’t care about it until “the trial” and “the facts come out”. Since your version of reality is that he’s guilty until proven innocent I can’t seem to fathom why the interest in the thread.

23 Likes