UPDATES! Michael Barisone Released! FREEDOM! Plus Insurance Settlement

Yes, in her garage.

6 Likes

Thank you so much, @cutter99!
My heart is full for this greatest of updates. Love and best wishes to MB, LO and their family and friends for many happy years to come. So many new happy memories to make together!! :kissing_heart:

26 Likes

Was Nancy Jaffer there (sorry if it was already mentioned and I missed it)?

Curious to see her report and COTH’s.

14 Likes

Yes she was.

21 Likes

Yes. Thank you for reminding us that this saga is not yet over. There are still many things that need to be done in order for Michael to recover his reputation.

Hopefully the next steps will provide further insight into what actually happened on that farm before and after the shooting. May the whole story start to come tumbling out.

17 Likes

I still want to know

WHERE DOES LOLLYPOP’S MONEY COME FROM?!?!

C’mon Netflix! Dig into that.

40 Likes

From the bank, duh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

edited to add that line will live rent free in my head forever
 Seriously, how stupid can someone be?

48 Likes

I don’t know for a fact, but I think those would be two separate things. The online course is what everybody takes if they want to be a competing USEF member. It’s strictly educational, with sections on different subjects.

Suspending or banning somebody is a separate action taken by the safe sport organization, I believe.

9 Likes

Oh HOORAY!!! Best news FINALLY.

God bless Michael and his friends and family! Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

18 Likes
49 Likes

Best part is this photo!

55 Likes

“He feels horrible for what he did” said Lockwood. From Nancy Jaffer’s article.

I still don’t believe that he shot her.

This is such a happy day! But it should never have taken so long.

32 Likes

What wonderful news. And now he can shift to getting his safe sport ban lifted and returning to the horses.

This is what justice looks like.
Sheilah

21 Likes

Me neither. I mean, what were they supposed to say? Until MB can regain his memory and tell the events in his own words then everyone is stuck singing the party line. If they didn’t, Taylor was just going to use it as an excuse to hold MB punitively.

LK testified that MB shot her using the right hand. Was that because she knew his left arm was broken beyond the ability to use it?

33 Likes

It would take a lot to convince me that he shot her.

40 Likes

And got their asses handed to them every single time.

I wonder how much the original narrative of poor student almost killed by deranged trainer would have stuck if it hadn’t been for the relentless questioning here on CoTH? MB had a great legal team and that was the major piece of getting to today. But I would like to think that we all helped, too.
Sheilah

43 Likes

Like proper evidence?

For whatever reason, that seemed to be missing

21 Likes

I am so very happy for MB and LO. And I, too, am not at all convinced that he shot LK.

Rebecca

26 Likes

Well, much delayed justice.

13 Likes

This is the space where I would insert that photo of Bilinkas chewing his finger and looking bemused - if I had it
 but I know someone does!!

9 Likes