UPDATES! Michael Barisone Released! FREEDOM! Plus Insurance Settlement

What? You don’t think your very bestest friend in the whole world should be flirting with your Daddy and your (not sure how to describe Robert Guy Goodwin this week) Laundry boy, boyfriend, fiance, husband?

13 Likes

IMO, she will never stop trying to “finish the bastard”.

14 Likes

Then she should go to jail. At some point this is criminal.

18 Likes

Ladies maid and dresser. Does he style her hair too? Is he the person who applied the extensions seen at the trial?

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Right, she is all about others!

14 Likes

Positively magnanimous.

3 Likes

Cheese. On. Rice. I missed that part.

2 Likes

I didn’t hope to be a s-stirrer, I had a genuine question related to gun violence. It sounds like anyone who questions anything said on this post by the majority is labelled as a bad guy. How about just answering the question. Why did he plead NGBROI versus just not guilty? There is room for intellectual curiosity on these facts.

2 Likes

What do you think his plea should have been?
Not guilty?
Why do you think so?

7 Likes

You might find going back and watching some of the trial interesting. Initially he pled both NGRI and was going to present a case for self defense. It’s an unusual New Jersey specific law that allows defendants to present two affirmative defenses. But, Barisone has amnesia related to the time period of the actual shooting - he suffered a significant blow to the head and during the actual altercation. The judge ruled that if he couldn’t/wouldn’t provide testimony of what happened at the exact time of the shooting, the judge would not allow them to argue self defense.

Sooooo… it is what it is.

For the record, the jury found him straight up not guilty on all the charges related to Goodwin, but NGRI with respect to the charges related to Kanarek.

Last thing - I probably have misspoke on some of the legal finer points here. But this is the gist of it. One of the multiple lawyers who followed the case closely can probably clean up whatever I have misspoken about. :woozy_face:

15 Likes

And the police screwed up by not handling the crime scene correctly. I still can’t believe there was no gun residue testing etc.

29 Likes

Because you sound incredibly disingenuous. This happened over 4 years ago. And just now you are here to ask questions that are entirely contrary to known facts. Maybe if you educate yourself, you know by watching the trial for instance, you wouldn’t feel the need to ask questions that have been answered literally hundreds of times over the past 4 years.

41 Likes

Moderator 1 posted in another thread:

“We’ve banned the SamBee account as it’s an alter for a previously banned poster.”

17 Likes

Mainly because he doesn’t remember the event/shooting, basically. IIRC.

5 Likes

So who was the previously banned poster and why do they keep coming back?

10 Likes

I have no idea. Maybe there is a clue somewhere in this thread, where the banning happened.

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/how-do-we-get-rid-of-him-now-so-which-reich-would-this-be-time-to-be-really-really-worried/751045/19258

I am clearly dumb - who is Sambee

2 Likes

And why do they keep coming back with the same questions that have been answered ad nausiem …. btw… same answers….

5 Likes

SamBee has posted quite a few times on this thread.

2 Likes

Answering assuming this is a sincere question with weird timing.
Adding NGRI does not take NG away. NG is always an option. Adding an affirmative defense does not remove NG.
Is that the point you were confused on?

4 Likes