UPDATES! Michael Barisone Released! FREEDOM! Plus Insurance Settlement

And the jury clearly decided were lying (NG verdicts on the charges for RG).

28 Likes

Since they’ve already heard the oral arguments the appellate panel can either a) decide it’s moot, or b) decide the issues are important enough to issue their written opinion. They may just do that.

But the point of the appeal isn’t necessarily a reprimand. It’s not a good look for a judge to be reversed/overturned, but it’s not a reprimand per se, it’s to right a legal wrong.

32 Likes

[quote=“Sdel, post:135, topic:789896, full:true”]

It’s so weird to me that this is routinely lost.

The jury found MB straight not guilty when it came to the charge of attempted murder of RG.

They clearly did not believe RG and
LKs full story, and Schellhorn clearly failed to make his case and secure convictions on all the charges he brought.

27 Likes

Such good news! Thank you for letting us know @cutter99.

5 Likes

Hmm, tagging me three times.

No, @cutter99, I am not disappointed that MB has been working through the levels with excursions and overnights.

No, Cutter, I’m not “disappointed” that Judge Taylor determined that MB is no longer a threat and ready for lease. I’ve had faith that Taylor was handling the case fairly, and respect his decision.

Exactly what do you imagine I owe you a mea culpa for?

1 Like

Maybe it would help with other cases that come in the future? There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of precedent on this issue in NJ.

18 Likes

That would be one very good reason to issue an opinion.

20 Likes

Thanks, ekat. I guess I was secretly hoping Taylor would get some sort of smackdown for his behavior throughout this whole process.

23 Likes

[quote=“Virginia_Horse_Mom, post:137, topic:789896, full:true”]

No, Schellhorn did not make his case with respect to attempted murder of RG. He did make the case on the attempted murder of LK, aside from the issue of intent.

1 Like

Many of us were, and not at all secretly!

25 Likes

I believe karma happens, eventually. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

I spy with my one good eye that you want to keep rehashing the same old, same old

Give it up

All over, so byeeeee now to you.

:racehorse: :cloud:

38 Likes

Were any Ks there???

10 Likes

Aha! So you do work for coth!!! Just kidding :grin: Thank you for being there and giving us the true skeet. What a great day, I don’t know what MB will want to do in the future but I sure hope he goes back to horses.

19 Likes

I’m so glad to read this.

Do you plan on continuing to follow this case further, now that MB has been released from Greystone?

We know you don’t have horses, so I doubt you have the same level of interest as others when it comes to his possible professional return to coaching and training.

And what about Lollypop? I’ve only loosely followed what has happened to her lately, but it’s my understanding that she isn’t even eligible to compete at present, as she isn’t compliant with SafeSport training requirements.

Maybe at the end of this whole saga, it will actually be MB who has another chapter with horses, and Lollypop will move on to something else given she doesn’t seem to show at all anymore.

23 Likes

:grinning:

It’s a good day!

29 Likes

Ok. I see what you’re saying.

But now that MB has been released, the difference between NG and NGRI is sort of insignificant.

So no need to belabor it anymore :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

I’m so happy for Michael and all of his friends. I wish him every happiness in the future.

As a friend toasted at a wedding, “Live long and prosper” (Yes, from the original Star Trek).

15 Likes

I am incredibly happy for him, but also fear that the Ks will not let him be. I only hope that if they continue trying to #finishthebastard, the police actually do their job and keep him safe from the KKlan.

28 Likes

Wow, bombshells right and left! Just not the ones Lauren Kanawreck and her pathetic family and sycophants promised. And so much more to come! CH and her ilk can take their smarmy backpedalling elsewhere. Done and dusted!

37 Likes