Unlimited access >

Upperville Live Feed

Our @SidesaddleRider came 2nd in each of her 3 classes, and the Best Turned Out award. :clap:

4 Likes

Alexa Lingelli is 14. Her younger sister is I believe 11.

My teen has been sort of disappointed the last couple years – the horses she’s been working with just haven’t lined up right for Upperville readiness. And every year I suggest: “We could do the Family class! It would be fun!” I figure that I could handle the Family class without dying because, hey, no jumping is involved. Teen thinks I’m being a tad over optimistic about the odds.

Now I see that the Wards were in the Family class this year. Teen is probably correct. I would’ve had a nervous meltdown & managed to fall off my horse from a dead stand still or something upon realizing the WARDS were riding in the class against us :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The Wards did Upperville in style!!

2 Likes

Nonsense! They’d have come in second if you’d entered. :grin:

2 Likes

Our @Laurierace 's filly won her hunter breeding yearling class.

1 Like

Thank you! Very proud of her. She is my 4th generation. She had EHV-1 earlier this year and was just discharged from New Bolton late Monday night from a bout with cellulitis so weren’t even sure she could go.

8 Likes

Congratulations @Laurierace! Lovely filly.

@TheDBYC We’d like to do the family class also but the stars haven’t aligned. We can get two of us mounted but not three! My mother has ice water in her veins, she’d be equal to riding against McLain Ward, and what a story to tell afterwards.

2 Likes

Lol! You are too kind. I’m not certain if my reaction would’ve been “See?? I told you the family class would be fun!” Or more “Who the heck let them in here to ride against my schlumpy AA self??”

@Renn_aissance, I wish I had your mom’s nerves!

@Laurierace, what a gorgeous filly!! :star_struck:

1 Like

More details on the family class.

1 Like

The replay of the family class is up on USEF Network. The 7 yr and under walk trot was fun to watch as well. Ponies!

2 Likes

In case you missed it, here’s the video of the Wards in the family class. Extreme cuteness alert!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4387753867924881&id=547626845270955&fs=0&focus_composer=0

1 Like