Unlimited access >

USEF Outreach show fees

Take a look at the RCEE shows held at Rancho Murieta. It’s not exactly local to you but it’s still northern CA. You can find more info on horseshowtime.com and probably on a FaceBook site.

2 Likes

Thank you!

You misunderstand the purpose.

I earned some nice prizes (logo shirts & saddle pads) and an invitation to go to Las Vegas one year during the national show and participate in some learning activities, although I couldn’t go.

1 Like

I was definitely misunderstanding the intent of the Outreach program. The program is really wonderful just different than I had thought. I know the kiddo would love, love, love to participate in those sort of educational opportunities, so we’ll look for Outreach shows with lower fees. From the website: “Outreach is a program designed to provide national recognition to those competing at the local level without all the costs and memberships associated with rated competitions.”

How long has it been that all divisions have nominating fees? It wasn’t that long ago that I was competing and my recollection (which could definitely be faulty) was that only the higher prize money jumper classes had nominating fees.

Here are the costs for an Outreach Show running concurrently with a rated show in Seattle WA area…

Classes are $30
Stall Fri-Sun $200
Shavings Removal Fee $80
Haul In $50/day
Outreach Schooling Fee $30
Outreach Support Fee $3

Now we also have schooling shows in the area that is about 1/3 of the cost and also Outreach.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reference. This is definitely well in line with what I was expecting. Must just be our area.

Near me, the options are Outreach, rated, or “schooling shows” that are just unrecognized breed shows. Even the ones with English in the morning and Western after lunch, the English classes are split to have stock-horse-type and non-stock-horse-type.

Can you point me toward those? Seattle isn’t as far as Cle Elum and I’m getting desperate… I have a young horse I just need to trailer to busy venues to get handwalked around unless I put on my big girl breeches for some flat classes.

1 Like

I only show on an unrated local circuit. None of the divisions nor the Outreach program have “nominating fees.” Show management does charge a fee for the Outreach classes, IIRC it was $30/division last year and I earned Outreach points for two of the four classes in my division.

1 Like

Nominating fees are not a standard thing for all divisions. I’ve done local schooling shows, I’ve done Outreach shows, I’ve done state/regional organization shows, and I’ve done A shows. I’ve never paid a nominating fee for any of the hunter classes I’ve done.

1 Like

OMG - quoting is broken (at least for me).

“I misunderstand the purpose” of the Outreach, which you’ve quoted as “established to engage and connect Hunter and Jumper riders, trainers and horse owners with the USHJA by providing the opportunity to participate in USHJA branded classes and competitions, to earn points toward year-end rewards and awards, and to earn the chance to participate in the prestigious USHJA National Championships.”

So, all cost cost of USHJA classes, but none of the standards? Color me confused.

1 Like

The USHJA web site has plenty of info on the Outreach program if you care to become less confused. Just Google USHJA Outreach.

For schooling shows in/near Seattle, check out Rainier Equestrian events, Lake Washington Saddle Club, MDT Events (Oregon) and Burkwood (closer to Bellingham). All offer schooling shows throughout the year!

2 Likes

I follow LWSC and Burkwood, they don’t do that many and most are Outreach. Oregon would be a hike! Thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info on Rainier Events, that isn’t too far. Looks like there are two more outreach shows this year (Nov and Dec) and nothing else I see scheduled?

Gotta say when I read the Woodside Prize List, I was surprised about the nom fees on EVERY horse. That’s not a thing here (out east) at least not far and wide… and I read a lot of prize lists.

Em

1 Like

Greatly appreciate the reference. My (perhaps faulty) recollection is that there haven’t been nomination fees for all divisions for that long out here. And – this is the first I have seen nomination fees for an Outreach cross rail division, and I have been scouring the web for shows within driving distance of late.

I don’t read every single prize list, but I have never even heard of such a thing.

2 Likes

I don’t see this in shows further from home, so we’ll just have to find something further away.

1 Like

I hadn’t either.

Mind blowing in the ways that fees are growing like Kudzu

Em

3 Likes

Wait what? There are nomination fees for the HUNTERS now?

This… this is confusing me…

8 Likes

Just fwiw, I did just email the Outreach program folks at USHJA and the Customer Service folks at USEF.

I brought up these costs and asked if this complied with the guidelines on the Outreach program.

Stay tuned.

Em

8 Likes