Unlimited access >

Warning...my experience with Airdance Farm and Lisa Dunckley

I entered an in utero contract in May of 2011 for a foal to be born in 2012…The contract was not fulfilled, and the money was never returned…so far no money nearly a year…I had to resort to small claims court and won the judgement (so this is not just me being upset about “conversations” between us…there is a legal action), and still no money…PLEASE be aware of the poor business practices…many promises…and in my opinion a bit of difficulty with truth or intentions…I only want the money (plus court costs) that I paid to her in trade for NOTHING…I will scan any paperwork anyone would like to see about this…I am very angry and very disappointed that this person continues to buy, sell, board, train, promote, and breed horses…but does not honor contracts. We are talking about over $5000…so not just a little amount.
…I am so sorry to have to do this, but had I been informed, I would not be in this situation. I am not a person that wants to harm someone else’s reputation, however I have given many chances, and been told repeated times that “money is in the mail”…please email me if you would like ANY more information…I gave full warning to her that I would post on horse sites if she did not pay me my money…so this post is not done spontaneously and without deep consideration. IF and when I am paid…I will be happy to report that as well, on this site.

1 Like

That is really too bad you had to go through all this. Seems like a lot breeders are crooks these days.

1 Like

http://www.yelp.com/biz/airdance-farm-pleasanton

2 Likes

I also had a horrific experience with Lisa and Airdance a few years ago, when I leased my mare to her. The mare lost weight, when I tried to feed her more hay I was told not to, etc. She owed the hay supplier money, etc. I was going to take her to small claims, but it wasn’t worth it. I also know of someone who took their leased mare back from her because she wasn’t feeding. She is over-horsed and doesn’t have the funds to take care of them. Anyone can PM me if you’d like more info, but I have been in personal contact with many COTHers who have had similar experiences with her. She rivals Jill, IMO.

[QUOTE=jjshorse;6893145]
I entered an in utero contract in May of 2011 for a foal to be born in 2012…The contract was not fulfilled, and the money was never returned…so far no money nearly a year…I had to resort to small claims court and won the judgement (so this is not just me being upset about “conversations” between us…there is a legal action), and still no money…PLEASE be aware of the poor business practices…many promises…and in my opinion a bit of difficulty with truth or intentions…I only want the money (plus court costs) that I paid to her in trade for NOTHING…I will scan any paperwork anyone would like to see about this…I am very angry and very disappointed that this person continues to buy, sell, board, train, promote, and breed horses…but does not honor contracts. We are talking about over $5000…so not just a little amount.
…I am so sorry to have to do this, but had I been informed, I would not be in this situation. I am not a person that wants to harm someone else’s reputation, however I have given many chances, and been told repeated times that “money is in the mail”…please email me if you would like ANY more information…I gave full warning to her that I would post on horse sites if she did not pay me my money…so this post is not done spontaneously and without deep consideration. IF and when I am paid…I will be happy to report that as well, on this site.[/QUOTE]

I’m curious why you didn’t pursue this criminally? This is theft, or at the very least, fraud, is it not? Is that not an option in situations like this?

[QUOTE=RacetrackReject;6893276]
I’m curious why you didn’t pursue this criminally? This is theft, or at the very least, fraud, is it not? Is that not an option in situations like this?[/QUOTE]

To hire a lawyer and go through court to get a judgement, you are likely looking at spending a minimum of $25,000! Some people unfortunately just don’t have that kind of money to throw away to a lawyer. In the end, when you know there is a likely chance you will never see your money, small claims court is easy to file and proceed with.

1 Like

[QUOTE=jjshorse;6893145]
…I am so sorry to have to do this, but had I been informed, I would not be in this situation. I am not a person that wants to harm someone else’s reputation, however I have given many chances, and been told repeated times that “money is in the mail”…please email me if you would like ANY more information…I gave full warning to her that I would post on horse sites if she did not pay me my money…so this post is not done spontaneously and without deep consideration. IF and when I am paid…I will be happy to report that as well, on this site.[/QUOTE]

If you have the documentation to back up your judgement, etc., have you considered talking with Rate My Horse Pro? They may be interested in posting this on their website. www.ratemyhorsepro.com You can contact them at news@ratemyhorsepro.com

1 Like

I keep waiting to see the place on an episode of hoarders. That is all.

2 Likes

[QUOTE=Perfect Pony;6893349]
I keep waiting to see the place on an episode of hoarders. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Or Animal Cops Houston, complete with the trailers and people loading underfed, pathetic horses.

1 Like

popcorn…I’m getting some popcorn

[QUOTE=RacetrackReject;6893276]
I’m curious why you didn’t pursue this criminally? This is theft, or at the very least, fraud, is it not? Is that not an option in situations like this?[/QUOTE]

It is not easy to get the authorities to take criminal action against someone in these situations. I had an employee of mine steal over $20K, had all the documentation, etc. I spent hours talking with our local DA (who is a client of mine) and the sheriff. In the end criminal prosecution was going to be difficult and the county didn’t want to spend money on the case. I went with a civial suit (too high $$ for small claims court), won, and still have not seen a dime. Sadly, if the person you have won a case against has nothing (ie; no home, no car, no assets) then you are SOOL. In my state you cannot garner wages unless you are the gov’t or a dead beat dad. The civil suit only allows me to mar her credit report…which to me was better than nothing.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Daventry;6893294]
If you have the documentation to back up your judgement, etc., have you considered talking with Rate My Horse Pro? They may be interested in posting this on their website. [/QUOTE]

Excellent idea.

“That is really too bad you had to go through all this. Seems like a lot breeders are crooks these days.”

Don’t let a few bad apples spoil the bushel. There are many, many breeders like myself who are extremely conscientious and will bend over backwards to make our dealings fair, honest, above board, and backed up with excellent contracts and user-friendly service.

3 Likes

[QUOTE=Joanne;6893179]
http://www.yelp.com/biz/airdance-farm-pleasanton[/QUOTE]

Be sure to read the reviews which have been filtered also.

[QUOTE=Joanne;6893179]
http://www.yelp.com/biz/airdance-farm-pleasanton[/QUOTE]

Those are some not so shiny reviews.

Have you tried to put a lien on her property? That will sometimes entice people to settle.

[QUOTE=jjshorse;6893145]
I entered an in utero contract in May of 2011 for a foal to be born in 2012…The contract was not fulfilled, and the money was never returned…I had to resort to small claims court and won the judgement… .[/QUOTE]

Did she come to the small claims hearing ? (just curious)

Just what the industry needs, another crooked breeder :mad:. Makes it darn hard for the honest ones!

We once had a prospective buyer come to try a horse. When she got out of her car, she said, “My Dad told me I should bring my attorney along, because ANYONE who sells horses is a crook”! WOW, we were a bit taken aback, to say the least. Sadly, this seems to be the “black eye” the industry will always have.

[QUOTE=LisaO;6893557]
“That is really too bad you had to go through all this. Seems like a lot breeders are crooks these days.”

Don’t let a few bad apples spoil the bushel. There are many, many breeders like myself who are extremely conscientious and will bend over backwards to make our dealings fair, honest, above board, and backed up with excellent contracts and user-friendly service.[/QUOTE]

oh don’t worry…I know there are some good ones out there too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess my husband has advised me to contact the district attorney in Livermore regarding a fraud charge.I just think the attorney fees would eat up anything I might gain from a fraud case…She has lied to me 8 times about sending money, so some stupid thing made me think she might at some time honor her contract. I have a small claims judgement, and I will turn it over to collections at some point…from the phone calls I have had trying to choose a collection agency, I would never want them on my heels…they intimidate me and I am the one hiring…It is just hard to spend more money…but you are right…I have had numerous private messages with horror stories…I just wish I had known…