Unlimited access >

WEF Equitation Finale, Link to Video in Post #72

Yes, I’m disappointed at the lack of commentary. Maybe they will have some for the second round.

Ok, maybe I missed something - but some of the trips are much lower scoring then I thought they should be. Caroline TInsley had a lovely trip… and only a 79? Anyone see something I didnt?

Ouch. What do you have to do to get a -2 in the warmup? That’s the most that can get taken off!

Where do you see the scores?

Here: https://pbiec.coth.com/liveclass/Detail/cid/259082/sid/20168/custid/15/class_group/166308

Thank you!!

1 Like

Such a large group of talented young riders. Great to see.

I thought Baylee McKeevers trip was lovely, and was surprised to see Augusta iwasaki outscore her just now… can anyone with a better eye than me explain?

I heard that for Avery and was wondering the same thing.

I concur.

I can’t make sense of the scoring tonight. I wish we had commentary, and some insight into what gets a rider a +2 vs. a -2 or something in between in the schooling.

1 Like

@MHM, any ideas about what could account for a -2 score in the warm up?

I feel like the warm up points should be gimme points. But I also know plenty of juniors - and adults - who have no clue how to properly warm up their horse.

I was wondering if there is specific judging criteria for the warm up written in the rules.

Lovely tribute to Class Action… such a storied career in the equitation.

2 Likes

Strictly guesswork, but I would be inclined to think maybe not getting ready in a timely fashion, or not giving clear enough instructions to the groom. It’s hard to say without actually having an eyeball on the schooling ring.

Thanks.

Two in a row didn’t do a simple change to the counter lead…scores of 84.5 and 90. Then Gochman kid came in and did the change. What am I missing???

Those two didn’t even do the counter canter… I’m confused as to what the judges asked for?

Isn’t there supposed to be a counter canter along the outside line?