Unlimited access >

WEF Equitation Finale, Link to Video in Post #72

They always say we can’t see the same angle as the judges but wow I’m confused.

Oh man it could be the outside line, but then what is the point of that downward transition?

They’re supposed to be doing a simple change. So if they’re on the counter lead, they switch to the true lead and vice versa. They’ve all done, though some poorly.

1 Like

Ok thank you!

Thank you! I couldn’t tell what kwashiorkor they landed until the corner so I was very confused!

I don’t remember exactly but I remember Dominic being awesome but didn’t he do a flying change? I just remember him standing out.

Looks like no testing.

ETA: just kidding. I thought they were bringing the ribbons out.

I thought that might be the case, but it seemed like a couple of them trotted and then picked up the canter on the same lead.

I don’t like splitting this up for awards. What’s the rush? Make it a big presentation. This is sort of anti climatic.

He didn’t do a flying change. He picked up the change through the trot.

I’m assuming the angle of the live feed camera misses a lot of what is actually seen by the judges. There have been some low scoring rounds for sure.

Would be interesting to be able to watch the warm up as well. That would help explain those scores.

I’m seeing a lot of grooms taking off hind boots immediately upon the horse exiting the ring - are they now using pinch boots in the equitation ring? Sad if so. I realize a rail can cost points but pinch boots aren’t the answer to that.

1 Like

Let’s the horses go to bed sooner. They’ve worked hard.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing.

Are the Gochmans not with Stacia at all any more?

Instructions for the test…

Canter fence 9, trot fence 10, counter canter fence 3, canter fence 6, hand gallop fence 2, return to the lineup.

The FEI has prohibited pinch boots in the Jumpers. I don’t know that the rule applies to USEF EQ classes, but yes, they have been using use pinch boots in the EQ for some time now.

Not really much of a canter from Waldo around the counter canter turn :confused:

It’s nice to see the first two at least to actually go for the hand gallop for once.

Natalie is taking no prisoners! Lovely work off ride.

1 Like

Natalie’s inside turn to the counter canter fence was slick.

1 Like