Unlimited access >

WEG: 6 U.S. event riders have been chosen to compete at the WEG!!

Kim Severson riding Winsome Adante
Jan Byyny riding Task Force
Heidi White riding Northern Spy
Amy Tryon riding Poggio II
Stephen Bradley riding Brandenburg’s Joshua
Will Faudree riding Antigua

These 6 riders have been chosen to represent the USA in the eventing competition at the WEG next weekend in Aachen, Germany!!

Note: The final official announcement will be made on August 19th (incase a soundness issue comes up between now and then). Also on the 19th, the team riders and individual riders will be announced.

Yep and the last two are competing as individuals

yes, i just heard this, too , from one of the team members’ mother. stephen and will will compete as individuals.

Hmmm…I wonder why will/stephen over Bonnie?

Also, wondering why Becky Holder isnt in England/Germany training with the team in prep for Burhley? She competed on Courageous Comet at FHI this past weekend in the Intermediate.

Go TEAM USA!!

Becky and Comet and Aubrey (groom) left for England last night and will be arriving at Mark’s farm tomorrow to prep for Burghley.

was that the original four probable team members plus 2 of the alternates as individuals?

I’m curious about the Bonnie decision, too. Will’s riding an XC machine, but Jenga’s certainly have a better track record in the SJ and dressage than Antigua.

It isn’t a done deal that Will and Stephen will be the individuals, even though that is the outlook at the moment. Until the final announcement is made on Saturday, it could change around completely, with even Karen or Bonnie being named if there is a soundness issue with any of the others. Usually, soundness plays the integral part in these last decisions, more than past performances. They’ve gotten where they are based on their past performances, now they have to be sound enough to perform! Becky had to compete at Fair Hill and then have Comet examined to be sure he was fit to do Burghley before he could be sent over. Hope they all have fun, if they aren’t too nervous!

Would this be the first all girl US eventing Team?!

Don’t know for sure but more than likely it would be! Wouldn’t that be a hoot! Especially if they could rise up and get the Gold! Estrogen is hard to beat!:lol:

I am disappointed as well not to see Becky there. I assumed she had been “spun” for soundness issues. If she is still going over then that was not the case? They looked great out the Mandatory outing. Checking the FHI results she won her division of OI.

I was out of the country and missed the details on what happened to Karen and Woody at Gatcombe. I know Karen fell; did Woody fall too? I’m assuming he did, because they were eliminated. Anyone know what happened?

I think it’s a terrific team, and I’m pleased they’ll represent us, but on a personal level I’m bummed for Karen.

hink it’s a terrific team, and I’m pleased they’ll represent us, but on a personal level I’m bummed for Karen.

me, too! Wouldb’t it bgreat for StephenBradlytomedal and get positive ntetwork air time, after the horridcommentaryby george Michaels!, orwhatever your name is:D , won’thtat iinfuriatre him :smiley: ? :o bigheaded self apointed expert:mad: onhorses, and horsemanship?. folks s lot of the current ruleboook isa result of the outcry after Barcelona.:mad:

soundness?

I thought this new short format was suposed to reducethe soundness:sadsmile: s issue?

How nice that young Joshua has made it. Wasn’t Sassy Reason quite young when he (she? cant remember) did so well? Stephen seems to have a way with them. Nice to have it rewarded.

I, too, missed the details on what happened with Karen and Woody. Does anyone have them?

Televised?

Does anyone know if/ when/ where it will be televised over here in the land of no horses on TV? (the USA:no: )

Karen and Woody

Karen and Woody unfortunately were the victims of bad luck at Gatcombe. Just one of those things in eventing. There were double corners, causing a lot of problems, horses hitting them hard. Woody hit and got turned sideways and couldn’t right himself before landing. She ran around Hartpbury HT last weekend, clean with two rails, just to get Woody back on track. Would have been nice to have had her experience on the team as it is a half green team at the moment, but that’s horsesports.

Oh, bummer, but thanks for the info, bridlewise.

Wondering too!

The only thing that I can think of is that Will/ Stephen have more 4* expereince, but Jenga and Bonnie have been foot perfect in the mantitory outings, go figure, hoepfully she can kick butt at Burghley, and Close the deal does good at Bleinham (sp)

Just remember, that at this point, soundness weighs in more than anything else!

Yes, but Jenga is one of the soundess horses there. And Will/Stephen may have more **** experience, but Bonnie/Jenga have a much better recored in the dressage/stadium as well as no issues XC (with the exception of some time)

I dont know her personally, but rather someone who trains with her, and from what they have told me, the decisions were in a sense “made” before the riders even left the US. Apparently that is what is so upsetting about the situation. Why spend all that $$ to go over ‘the pond’ when they could have told you 4 weeks earlier that you werent in contention for a spot. Now she is stuck footing the $30,000++ bill.

Sorry for the semi-rant. Im just very upset by the choices. No doubt it is a good team and they will do very well at WEG, but Bonnie has come sooooooo close on many different times, always missing a spot. I was really rooting for her.

Does anyone know for-sure if soundness was what kept Becky off the team? I was really rooting for her, as well.

Hopefully those two will go to Burghley and kick some butt. Proving what the selectors missed :yes: :winkgrin: