Unlimited access >

WEG Pratoni 2022

I’ve been a CMH hater since my FEI TV account was transitioned. Must admit the new upgrade is a substantial improvement to my user experience.

1 Like

As anyone had any luck contacting CMH TV? I’m struggling to get a response through their contact form, so tried reaching on on FB today. Is there a phone number?

Hoping for the best…I signed up with my credit card for CMH this morning. They have a terrible history of credit card issues and extremely poor customer service. Maybe with the FEI involved now…things will go better this time around.

1 Like

They are terrible. It was recently recommended to me that if you need to sign up for something with a free trial and it requires a credit card number, to use a VISA gift card with a very small balance on it (apparently, even a few cents will work). This is the only way I will ever sign up for CMH again.

A warning to the uninitiated: they move the target on cancellation before the end of the trial, continue to charge you after you have cancelled, and send you collection notices in the mail for a service you did not receive. The only way I got out of it was, having thankfully paid with Paypal, I revoked the authorization on that side. I have never had issues with any other subscription service, but I will not give CMH my payment information ever again. Going to try the VISA gift card idea for WEG, but if it doesn’t work, I’ll simply skip it. I haven’t missed a championship in years, but even WEG isn’t worth it to deal with this company.

5 Likes

I had no trouble cancelling a free trial earlier this year, so there is maybe a glimmer of hope that the combined entity could be a little better than the old one which was terrible!

GB Team; Will change Burghley entries.

Ros Canter with 10-year-old gelding Lordships Graffalo**
Owner: Michele Saul
Breeder: Lordships Stud Writtle College (GBR)
Breeding: by Grafenstolz, out of a mare by Rock King
Groom: Sarah Charnley

Laura Collett with 13-year-old gelding London 52
Owner: Laura, Karen Bartlett and Keith Scott
Breeder: Ocke Riewerts (GER)
Breeding: by Landos, out of a mare by Quinar
Groom: Tilly Hughes

Yasmin Ingham with 11-year-old gelding Banzai Du Loir
Owner: Janette Chinn and Sue Davies
Breeder: Pierre Gouye (FRA)
Breeding: by Nouma D’Auzay, out of a mare by Livarot
Groom: Alison Bell

Tom McEwen with 15-year-old gelding Toledo de Kerser
Owner: Fred and Penny Barker, Jane Coppell and Tom’s mother Alison McEwen
Breeder: Kerstin Drevet (FRA)
Breeding: by Diamant De Semilly, out of a mare by Papillon Rouge
Groom: Francesca Gorni

Oliver Townend with 15-year-old gelding Ballaghmor Class
Owner: Karyn Shuter, Angela Hislop and Val Ryan
Breeder: Noel Hicky (IRL)
Breeding: by Courage II
Groom: Charlotte Holifield

Oliver has also been selected with 14-year-old gelding Swallow Springs as a direct reserve.

Owner: Paul and Diana Ridgeon
Breeder: Maria Keating (IRL)
Breeding: by Chillout, out of a mare by Cult Hero

The team itself is no surprise. However, it is not just the strength of the team that is formidable, it is their youth. Three horses aged 13 or younger, and oldest two are just 15, which certainly leaves them available at least for Paris. Yet they have three five-star winners listed, and the other three are all five star podium finishers. Just incredible.

5 Likes

What a team! So happy BC was the one Ollie chose!

Shame they don’t come with guarantees :laughing: (the reserve list is pretty impressive too)

Sarah Bullimore with 11-year-old gelding Corouet.
Owner: Sarah, her husband Brett, and the Kew Jumping Syndicate
Breeder: Sarah Buillimore (GBR)
Breeding: by Balou du Rouet, out of Lilly Corinne by Lovis Corinth

Ros Canter with 13-year-old mare Pencos Crown Jewel
Owner: Kate James and Annie Makin
Breeder: Pennie Wallace (GBR)
Breeding: by Jumbo, out of a mare by Rock King

Kirsty Chabert with 13-year-old mare Classic IV
Owner: Kirsty’s father John Johnston and Carole Somers
Breeder: Peter Charles (GBR)
Breeding: by Calvaro FC

William Fox-Pitt with 13-year-old gelding Little Fire
Owner: William and Jennifer Dowling
Breeder: Dr. Volker Steinkraus (GER)
Breeding: by Graf Top, out of a mare by Heraldik

Kitty King with 13-year-old gelding Vendredi Biats
Owner: Diana Bown, Sally Eyre, Samantha Wilson and Sally Lloyd-Baker
Breeder: Phillipe Brivois (FRA)
Breeding: by Winningmood, out of a mare by Camelia De Ruelle

1 Like

And isn’t Yasmin young herself? Good on her for making this team! I loved watching her horse skip around the LR show jumping like it was just a day out at Pony Club.

2 Likes

25 years old with FEI experience since 2012.

https://data.fei.org/Person/Performance.aspx?p=BD9D2F5CC3755C6745EF917B0A513A54

Colleen Loachs horse has suffered an ankle sprain and won’t be going to Patroni now :frowning: Gutted for her and her team.

4 Likes

this is sad news for Colleen and Canada.

I wonder whether LMF’s social media rants have cost her the chance to be named as the replacement.

1 Like

I think since Dana is in the UK already they will likely send her?

Devastated for Colleen and Monty and all her supporters. No one wants to be called up for this reason - and who ever is chosen, will have “big shoes to fill”. I believe they will step up to make Canada proud.
I think they will send who the selectors think is best for the team. They already had money to send 3 horses from JFK - so if LMF is the best choice they will send her.

2 Likes

I think the riders are also paying part of their own way. I don’t think EC covers the entire cost with that fundraising they did. But yes hopefully they choose whoever is best and will work within the team atmosphere the best also.

1 Like

Did they ever announce how much was raised from the online auction?
As a team, they certainly had more to start with than previous years.

I think a good portion is covered by EC. As Holly has stated in a FB post, her fundraisers are for extra costs and she will donate whatever is not needed to a “grassroots group”.

“Did they ever announce how much was raised from the online auction?
As a team, they certainly had more to start with than previous years.”
Yes to both of your questions. I know that Kathleen, who was the organizer of the event, did post something. And I think I saw something from EC, about the amount raised. I believe they reached their goal of $250,000 or close to it via fundraising/donations.
Even though people are sceptical, of this new HPAG, it doesn’t feel like the groups of old. More has been done in a short period of time than ever!! On the Jon and Rick show, both Michael and Dana expressed how excited they are to see how things will progress in the future. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes