Unlimited access >

Welcome Tom the Cat

Just be glad he is not like my Baler. 17 lbs of cat trying to burrow under the covers. Every day when I come home I can see he has been in (and I do mean in) my bed.

Will Tom curl up with you? Or is that not far behind?

As of a few days ago he started sitting with me so that one limb or body part touched me. He is pretty wiggly though and doesn’t spend much time in one place.

9 Likes

Aha. Pretty soon you won’t be able to scrape him off you. Right now he just wants to check it all out and make sure it all stays there. I’ll bet he still can’t believe it.

9 Likes

Awww 
! He is a handsome boy! Blessings on you for taking him home and on him too.

And I love your blue bathroom(?) tile!

4 Likes

Yes. Bathroom. I initially wanted tile more consistent with the era of the house, but there was a 6-8 week wait on that and my only bathroom was partially torn up to fix a leak. So the kind person at the tile store sat down and designed the tile layout on the spot.

1 Like

Hi Peggy. How are you and Tom coming along?

1 Like

Things are good. He loves the highest point of the cat tree just like Dice did. Neighbors report seeing him in the front window. He was looking out different windows when I was outside gardening today. He was an angel about the topical flea stuff today. He definitely is getting more bonded to me.

I tried to introduce him to two neighbors but he hid under the bed. I think it was more the three dogs barking at each other across the street giving him shelter PTSD. We’ll try again in a bit.

16 Likes

So glad to hear things are going well. Such a handsome boy. :heart:

1 Like

He looks like he is settling in well. What a cutie!

Aww! What a heartwarming story! I no longer have indoor kitties as I lost my last one in July 2020, less than a year after losing his “brother”. I lost 3 indoor kitties in under 4 years and I haven’t made the leap to get another. We have 5 outside farm cats though. One of them comes inside a couple times a day. But doesn’t seem to want to stay inside. And at this point transitioning any of them would be hard. They are spoiled outside kitties. They live in the equivalent of a one car garage - get locked in at night for safety. Have cat trees and heated beds. it’s a cushy outside kitty life. My last inside kitty was a tuxedo and they are soooo special. I love your boy Tom! I think he won the jackpot.

7 Likes

@SmlHpy1 Don’t you miss having a kitty to snuggle with at night? (I’m the COTH Enabler on Duty this morning).

8 Likes

Especially with winter coming. They are like little furry electric blankets! :kissing_cat:

4 Likes

When it gets cold, I just toss another kitty under the covers. Great little furry bed warmers
.:rofl:

7 Likes

Taco truck proprietors. At this point I figure it’s his rabbit, not mine.

17 Likes

His face looks so much calmer. I think he says Meowchas Gracias for his new toy(s).

6 Likes

The taco truck is a hand-me-down from Dice. As are many of the toys. But he seems quite happy with them.

He doesn’t like brooms so I wonder if something bad happened there.

4 Likes

He’s looking great, Peggy! Thanks for the updates. We really enjoy them. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

such a HunkaHunkaCat.

4 Likes

The cat who “might not ever be affectionate or cuddly” sits with me or on my lap and purrs.

Today when I came home he sat and watched me from around the corner as opposed to hiding.

He seems less dependent on the stuffed rabbit as he’s stopped dragging it around.

17 Likes

Oh it 'll just keep getting better and better. Beautiful, handsome Tom is a snuggler!!!
Keep the rabbit around as they go in spurts, this week it’s the rabbit, next week nothing.

1 Like