Unlimited access >

Welcome Tom the Cat

my cats are indifferent to any toys. Only one shows any interest at all in boxes either.

My stoners lose their minds over their Yeowww! Catnip Greenfish. Iā€™d include a photo but the thing is chewed, filthy, and stained with drool. American made as well.

1 Like

What praytell does a stoner cat look like? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Crazy Tortie is intent on killing it, and Big Boy (20 lbs), well, you donā€™t go near him if you know whatā€™s good for you. Old Lady Cat does her pole dancer imitation.

5 Likes

I have one of those Yeow toys, a rainbow, but havenā€™t introduced Tom to it yet. No floppy fish, but there is a catnip fish in the taco truck. I also ordered a spider and a witch toy (the witch is a dog :joy:) to bring my Chewy order up to free shipping.

3 Likes

How do those floppy catnip fish hold up to determined toy destroyers? (even if they have all of 3 teeth left) Iā€™ve thought that the cat that rules the house here might enjoy itā€¦but she absolutely shreds the cheap mice, I donā€™t want her eating the inner workings. And, well real miceā€¦they get killedā€¦and sort of gummedā€¦and swallowedā€¦and then regurgitatedā€¦

1 Like

They hold up well. They are made of a thick cotton twill and handle the punctures fine. My 20 lb boy has such big jaws that he runs around the house with a ping-pong ball in his mouth. But they do eventually ā€˜deflateā€™ and become floppy. So maybe every 3 months a new one. They love the Yeoww! bananas too.

Mine have also held up very well.

Since Tom loves to play with crumpled paper balls, I grabbed a few new cat ball toys/ear plugs from the barn. We had a very entertaining few minutes before the thing disappeared underneath something. He actually fetched it several times like a dog before discovering that he could also bat it around much more efficiently than crumpled paper.

5 Likes

He looks so happy and content in his new home.

4 Likes

Heā€™s so cute and it looks like heā€™s adjusting great! I have those foam soccer balls for my cats. They like it when I bounce the ball so that it bounces over them.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it amazing how gifted our late in life children are?

Loving the Chronicles of Tom!

6 Likes

Tomā€™s retrieving has now expanded to stealing stuffed animals and dragging them around and playing with them, including an Easter rabbit thatā€™s almost his size. So I bought him an ā€œoctopusā€ dog toy that is alleged to be sturdy. He doesnā€™t seem very interested in it. Maybe heā€™s offended by the lack of anatomical accuracyā€“the thing only has six limbs.

The fecal came back and he has giardia, for which the vet has given meā€¦panacur. Kind of pricey considering what you pay for a tube at the feed store, but it is in handy little bags of powder.

And because no post is complete without a photo, I took a few quick ones with the real camera.

16 Likes

Tacos con pulpo suck. What were you thinking?

1 Like

:joy: One of the other options was an iguana :lizard:. Or a rabbit :rabbit2: . No fish because dog toys.

2 Likes

Oh my Motorboatā€™s current favorite toy is the cat sized Rabbit- she LOVES this. It was bought for my dog cause it has a squeeker in it and she stole one at the feed store, so I bought it. But dog ignores it and Cat loves it. Drags it all over and itā€™s bigger than she is.

3 Likes

His eyes have looked less worried with every new photo. I think itā€™s pretty much gone now. He will be ruling the roost by next week, Iā€™m sure. So happy for both of you!! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

His real personality is coming out. Iā€™m glad he is so happy! And yes, he certainly looks way less worried.

4 Likes

Poor thing.

2 Likes

He seems more relaxed every day. He mostly doesnā€™t scoot away when I enter his half of the house and I think most of his reaction is reflexive. And his discovered that hanging out on the bed is more comfortable than being under it.

12 Likes