Unlimited access >

Well, that didnt take long

It’s called rehab sweetie, look it up.

At least that’s her excuse per her comments lol :rofl:

3 Likes

Against my better judgement, I looked. Oiy! Her intro tells me all I need to know “French Classical Dressage with a modern science twist”. Say what?

4 Likes

I’m not that into dressage fashion trends these days, so I must ask those of you “in the know.” Is she wearing pajama bottoms with half chaps? Or are those some kind of dressage breeches made 'specially for riding at the walk?

7 Likes

Why is the walk sooooo slow? I thought it was showing in slo mo!

I wish she’d move that old tire in the corner - I’m tired of seeing her crawl by it, again and again…

4 Likes

There’s a little bit of trot in this video:

well that was painful…she is so busy riding his face he couldn’t actually swing under in the trot. I know a person who does this shit to the point the horses buck her off out of boredom.

10 Likes

Is that saintly horse NQR behind, or is it just the way she rides him?

8 Likes

it’s the way she rides him…god forbid she pay attention to his hind legs

1 Like

Does anyone have a clue what she thinks the video is demonstrating?

8 Likes

I wouldn’t care if she paid attention to them, but she’s actively interfering with him, from the looks.
Poor sod looks bored as hell, too.

9 Likes

Bizarre. Slow motion walk mostly tilted to the right. Turns him like he is a bus. A little trot with high bouncy hands and her attempting to sit. Then some trot/no don’t trot nonsense. I was confused so I cant imagine the horse knew what was wanted.

Admitting here that I skipped though portions because it was so painful and boring!

14 Likes

:woozy_face:

Me too. I wanna know. What did I just watch?

Also, why does she keep shortening her reins at odd points during her ride?
And what did the walkin’ horse do/not do that warranted being rewarded with treats?

5 Likes

My gawd, that was punishment. She might have a chance of a trot on that saint if she got a (much) larger saddle and got out of that chair seat. But her hands are weapons.

There is so much that can and should be accomplished at the walk but this is B.S.

Reminds me of an esteemed scholar of equine evolution and anatomy. Great lectures and pontification but after seeing her ride once (chair seat, almost fell off at the trot) l regard her with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

Well, someone needs to put a video up in this thread of Betinna Drummond schooling the walk, just so people can wash their eyes out.

7 Likes

I think the video should be titled " How to create a lateral walk in a horse". But thank dog she gave him a rest every fifteen seconds after doing all that vigorous work. She should be ready to demonstrate to Lottie Fry how to piaffe and passage any day now, and putting together the complete Grand Prix test the “right way”.

28 Likes

Good grief.

1 Like

What is going on? I don’t get it.

2 Likes

I always find it ironic when the klassical dressage people preach about competition riders causing tension, harshness and general malice towards their mounts but end up riding like this themselves:

Holy hands, Batman. Should not be riding with a curb.

Here is the fabulous jump seat:

Reminds me of Allan Buck. If the horse farted, they’d fly off.

12 Likes

If she is trimming them, they are very likely lame from the trimming induced club feet.

8 Likes