Unlimited access >

What about a COTH meeting??

Oh, do tell about the VIP package. From what I remember, you get to go into the pretty tent and have food, but there is no access to horses or riders. There’s only so many times you can go through the shopping area.

What are you watching? Dressage is basically noon every day Weds. to Sat. Jumping is 7 pm Weds to Sat. and noon on Sunday.

Are we looking at a 4 pm kind of thing in between any possible events?

I am so BUMMED SWANA is not doing one of their amazing presentations.

I’m at Alexis park and would love to meet additional Cothers!!

My cohort and I are flying in from the great white north on Wednesday. Ok, we really aren’t that far north, but it sure is white here lately! Our plans include staying at Alexis Park, series tickets for dressage, and managed to score seats for the jumping final. Right now we are working on tix to one of the Cirque shows, and “O” at the Bellagio seems to be the current winner. We can probably make wherever work, but our hotel sure would be convenient!

It seems like Alexis Park is a good choice because so many are staying there and it’s close by for anyone needing to get there. And 4 on one or more days is a good time to allow for other things.

Crotchety–You can get cirque shows. O is very hard and you can never get discounts. If you want to see Blue Man, secret super cheap way to do it is to go to the hotel before the show starts and you can get in for about $30, instead of the $80 “cheap tickets” price.

That is great advice, BTDT. Thanks! I am really not worried about discounts for “O”. The Cirque shows are so amazing I will happily pay full price. What you see on the videos is maybe 10% of what is going on. I took my mom to see the one at Downtown Disney, and blanched at the $140 ticket price. After the show, I couldn’t care less what I paid, it was worth every penny.

[QUOTE=Beentheredonethat;8033921]
Oh, do tell about the VIP package. From what I remember, you get to go into the pretty tent and have food, but there is no access to horses or riders. There’s only so many times you can go through the shopping area.

What are you watching? Dressage is basically noon every day Weds. to Sat. Jumping is 7 pm Weds to Sat. and noon on Sunday.

Are we looking at a 4 pm kind of thing in between any possible events?

I am so BUMMED SWANA is not doing one of their amazing presentations.[/QUOTE]

Well, nosebleed expensive, for one … but what the hell. You only live once, right? Ringside seating for all dressage and jumping sessions and passes to all rehearsals except freestyle (that was WAY too much more money), barn passes (but I’m betting I can’t give Totilas cookies …) and yes, the tent passes. Mostly I did it for the primo seating.

In between sessions might be a great time.

Barn passes? They let you in there? They don’t let the press in.

So, I looked online for the food tent. Is it all day, or only at certain times? If you drink wine and can get all day food from some amazing chefs, that’s not a terrible price.

I didn’t even know you could see freestyle rehearsals. Just let me know if you have an extra pass! :slight_smile: I don’t think I can spring for the extra $2,300.

[QUOTE=Beentheredonethat;8035349]
Barn passes? They let you in there? They don’t let the press in.

So, I looked online for the food tent. Is it all day, or only at certain times? If you drink wine and can get all day food from some amazing chefs, that’s not a terrible price.

I didn’t even know you could see freestyle rehearsals. Just let me know if you have an extra pass! :slight_smile: I don’t think I can spring for the extra $2,300.[/QUOTE]

Don’t know about the tent hours, but obviously I need to check. Wine? Yeah, I’m in.

Barn passes are very limited, like one hour. I’ll take it. Just to walk and galk at pretty horses hanging out in their stalls, it’s worth it. And, yes, I know for free I can watch my own lazy winter-fat slobs but this is SO much more fun.

Freestyle rehearsals I didn’t buy, sorry, chica. Couldn’t justify the money but it would be very fun. I’ll suffer through with front row seats to the finals.

We are staying at the Bluegreen something, which appears to be just south of the Alexis.

They’re charging for the rehearsals!?? We watched the freestyle rehearsal for free at the 2010 WEG. We were walking by the big stadium after watching reining, heard music, and decided to check it out. We started out lurking at the edge, and then boldly walked over and plopped ourselves down in the high-end seats. It was quite fun.

I offer as proof:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1567943992508&l=835d0e8037
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1567942592473&l=eabe08d463
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1567944472520&l=8f0e1d8927

So, we need to start thinking of how to find each other and organize this. I’m good with sort of leading it all, but I need help as I’m not the techie best. I have my MacAir and I do have a smart phone that I can sort of work.

We can use this thread as a central notice board, but is there something else we can do? Maybe an email or text group thing?

I think we should plan on meeting Weds. after dressage rehearsals at 4 ish at the Alexis Park and gossip. I’ll bring some sticky tags or something where we can write COTH names and real names so we can adjust to real people. But it might be fun to do other things.

I know for the most part except the dressage and jumping finals the arena is never full, so you can find empty seats and move closer and hang if you want to talk. I don’t have jumping tickets, but can get some, and it might be fun to hang with some of the jumping peeps and hear their expertise. I’ve been around dressage a long time and know a lot of these people and background, so can certainly share.

Add your ideas and start planning. It makes it MUCH more exciting!

I don’t have my flight info in front of me but I get there Wednesday sometime and leave on Monday. I haven’t bought any tickets yet, I am not sure what I am going to go to and am up for suggestion. I will have a car so can meet you guys anywhere.

You don’t have your tickets for the World Cup, Laurie? I’m betting you can buy anything there whenever you want except the final freestyle and jumping–they usually sell out. Are you a jumper or dressage person?

Those renting cars–are you getting insane prices? I can fly roundtrip for about $100, but it would cost $190 to rent a cart for four days! $27 a day, and almost that much a day in"fees!" I’m probably just going to drive the nine hours.

Those flying in not renting cars, maybe we can arrange carpools to go places to help out. Almost all hotels have free shuttles to and from the airport, and you don’t want to park at Thomas and Mack because it’s super expensive, but for other things.

I can come pick you up if you fly in after I get there. I will have my Mom’s car. No, I have not bought tickets yet. I guess you would say I am a jumper person but I love high level dressage.

I think I am driving in, but I think others may be happy for the ride.

Just FYI people, you can stay at the Alexis PArk for about $60 a night. It’s within walking distance of Thomas and Mack. http://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Search?fileName=Alexis_Park_Resort&destination=place:McCarran_International_Airport&radius=5mi&checkin=2015-04-14&checkout=2015-04-18&Rooms=1&adults_1=2&returnPath=%2FHotels%2FSearch%3Fdestination%3Dplace%3AMcCarran_International_Airport%26radius%3D5mi%26checkin%3D2015-04-14%26checkout%3D2015-04-18%26Rooms%3D1%26adults_1%3D2%26pageSize%3D15%26pageIndex%3D0%26sort%3DMinRate-asc%26showSoldOut%3Dfalse%26scroll%3D1879%26HotelID%3D%26mapState%3Dexpanded%3D0

Oh, also, for those who like buffets, you can get a 24 hour buffet pass for $50. If you time it right, you can get a super deal. http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/blog/las-vegas-24-hour-buffet-pass/

I just booked Alexis Park Tuesday through Friday night. It was $55 a night. By the time the fees were all in, about $65 a night. The rooms have a fridge, microwave and sink, so you can get food. Look around if you’re still looking for booking. I went on Kayak and found the $55 through Amoma.

[QUOTE=Beentheredonethat;8048157]
I just booked Alexis Park Tuesday through Friday night. It was $55 a night. By the time the fees were all in, about $65 a night. The rooms have a fridge, microwave and sink, so you can get food. Look around if you’re still looking for booking. I went on Kayak and found the $55 through Amoma.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to the event :slight_smile: this will be my first, and like you Shareen, not much of a fan of Vegas… But Vegas with horses :slight_smile: sounds good to me :slight_smile:

~ Crista

I loved “O” when I saw it last time I went to WC in Vegas. Would love to see Blue Man.
We dont get in until thurs but hope to meet some COTHers

I am also not arriving until Thursday, right before the noon dressage session, but am staying until Sunday.

mroades–Don’t buy tickets to Blue Man. If you go to the theater right before the show you can get them WAY cheaper.

Let’s see how it goes, but we can use the Alexis Park as a starting point to meet and talk and maybe arrange staging points in the arena so we can hang together when it’s not a packed show.

Maybe Thursday 4ish at Alexis for a start? There are at least four of us staying there.

Sounds great!! at what time?? Should we just meet in the lobby??