Unlimited access >

What about a COTH meeting??

I really should book a hotel soon before the prices go way up… oh and flights too…

I don’t want to leave my herd for long so will probably fly in first thing Thurs and fly out late Sat (depending on ticket costs). I only have tickets for the GP and the Freestyle so have all day friday to myself. I’m travelling solo so definitely up for making new friends and hanging out.

I guess the lobby is good.

Emily, you may be able to get Southwest tickets at about $200 if you leave at 6 am Thursday and come back at midnight on Saturday. All other times are super expensive. Spirit has some super cheap ones, but they suck and charge for any bags and you might have five stops. Check Kayak for hotels and they will give you options. That’s the cheapest I found.

If that’s not working, email me. I am driving with a friend (picking up south of Stockton) and maybe you can hitch.

I am there pretty early Wednesday. I am toying with buying the all sessions ticket so I don’t have to decide what I want to see. What do you think?

I think you can by them one by one and still get in, BUT it is very likely the freestyle and jumping final will be sold out, so if you want to see them, you should get all sessions.

How long does the drive take? Right now Spirit are $97 return which is ridiculously cheap, but with bags/drinks/extras on top thats sure to go up. Annoyingly United don’t have convenient times…

I’ll probably book into the Alexis park since its close and others are staying there. Anyone want a roomie for the night? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=EmilyF;8052074]
How long does the drive take? Right now Spirit are $97 return which is ridiculously cheap, but with bags/drinks/extras on top thats sure to go up. Annoyingly United don’t have convenient times…

I’ll probably book into the Alexis park since its close and others are staying there. Anyone want a roomie for the night? :)[/QUOTE]

It’s about 9 hours from here. You’re 45 minutes NE from me (I think.) You can check Southwest, but have to go on their website.

Book Alexis! Try Kayak and they’ll give you a bunch of quotes. Amoma was the cheapest for me. There ought to be someone else coming alone.

Laurierace, are you flying out of BWI or PHL? Sounds like your flights are on the same days as ours, and it would be a hoot if we were on the same plane. Our AM flight Wednesday is early enough we are crashing at the airport hotel in Philly the night before.

I have a 9:50 Southwest flight out of BWI.

Getting excited!! I finally found an experienced horse sitter to look after my horses. So the whole family should actually be able to come :slight_smile: There seem to be a lot of nice riders coming and I am really looking forward to meet you all :slight_smile:

Oh, well. We are flying out of PHL at the crack of dawn on US Scare.

Hi! This thread inspired me to finally register after years of lurking. This will be the third time I’ve been fortunate enough to attend the World Cup in Las Vegas, and I hope that I, along with my accompanying friend, will be able to meet up with other COTH members. Thanks for organizing this.

Sounds like we will have a very nice group of people meeting :slight_smile:

Okay, I am so blonde, is there a meeting time/place on here and I missed it? Would love to join in if I may. One of my best friends is coming in from Holland and we’re driving from So Cal.

Glad to have everyone in. A lot of us are staying at the Alexis Park, which is walkable (further than you think) to Thomas @ Mack and little closer than than the Hard Rock, across the street.

I’ll be in on Tuesday night, but I think the plan is to try for a first meet up WEds. at 4 in the lobby there. It should be easy enough for anyone to get to there, after the dressage warm up and before the jumping. Dressage peeps, if we want to make a group and go watch before that, we can do that, too.

I’ll play organizer (and get little name tags with COTH and real names–going to be weird for me–I need to see people to remember them) and we can start there and go on. Anyone else wants to chime in with things to do, great.

WE could also probably do some ticket exchanges as needed. I didn’t buy any jumping ones, but would like to see some.

Again, if you’re looking for a place to stay, Alexis Park is reasonable ($65 two beds, very nice) if you go on Kayak. I got it through Amoma. The Motel 6 and Best Western are quite reasonable, not bad, right next to the airport (behind Hooters and MGM) and walkable to the Thomas and Mack. http://www.mappery.com/map-of/Las-Vegas-Tourist-Map

Thanks for playing host, I am looking forward to meeting all of you! BTDT it might help to create an event on FB so we can put faces with names beforehand plus have the meetup info easily accessible.

Count me in with a plus 1 to the get together. We are doing some sight seeing earlier in the day but will try to get to the COTH gathering at 4pm!

Sadly I’ll miss the Wednesday at 4 gathering. We’re driving in that day, but since we have a few stops on the way I know we’ll never make it on time.

Hubby and I will be coming in on Monday (we’re going to try to see everything we’ve missed in our previous four trips to LV :wink: ), so would be available. We’re staying at the Staybridge Suites off the strip, right behind the Luxor, and renting a car, so can be anywhere.

Could I maybe join in? I will be there also!

The more the merrier!