What are new dressage saddles going for these days?

I tried a new saddle recently and was surprised at the price. If you purchased or shopped for a new dressage saddle within the past two years, can you share what prices you were seeing–and brands?

Amerigo - $6k

Anywhere from $1500 for an HDR or Wintec to $6000+ for some of the big name brands like Schleese. Stubbens (what I wanted) were in the $4k range and in the $2k range used. I ended up with a used Thornhill for $300 and have no regrets.

2 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of $5k to $7k new - but lots of great lightly used saddles can be had in the $3-$4k range still. My preferred brands are Custom and County.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is more in line with what I’ve been seeing. I’m a Custom fan too, joidevie99!

1 Like

Prestige was about $4-8k depending on the model. I paid $3300 for a lightly used version of one of their higher-end saddles.

2 Likes

Loxley 3100 base, was about 3600 with custom cantle.
Trilogy is about 5500 base.

This sounds like prices haven’t gone up hugely in the past decade. I’m in Canada so everything is 30% more expensive in $CAN than in $US.

That said I’ve never bought a new saddle as an adult. I have a good independent fitter to walk me through buying good second hand. I don’t really trust most of the saddle brand reps I’ve seen operating

5 Likes

Prices have definitely gone up in the past decade IME/O.

2 Likes

Ok I could be muddled because I’ve always been dealing with the $CAN premium

I bought a Black Country last year and trialed several models. Pricing was ~ $4,500 - $6,000 depending on the model and options. The higher end of the range was monoflap and calf leather. I didn’t look at any patent/fancy leather options.

1 Like

I bought a Passier last year with a few extra options, $5800

Custom without too much bking $5000- $6000 Erreplus $7800 to $8500

2 Likes

I have a Custom now that I really like, but recently tried a CWD. I felt better balanced in it, and my horse seemed to like it too. $8500 :frowning_face: :astonished:

Friend of mine Amerigo Largo 7200.00.

1 Like

Custom Superior $6500. It never fit and was only used 3 times before making my horse extremely sore. Saddler won’t take it back.

1 Like

Equipe, a little over 7k.

Was just quoted $7500 for an Aviar with bling added.

My Black Country Vinici was around $4500 when I had it made in 2015. I think they are currently about $6500.

Just bought a new Albion Fabrento for $4k USD total. I ordered from a UK store; that price includes shipping and customs fees. They seem to run about $5-6.5k if you buy from a rep in the US.

1 Like

Agreed with the mostly $5-7k range in USD. That’s double what I paid 8 years ago for similar.

1 Like