What are new dressage saddles going for these days?

I have a basic (no fancy trim) Trilogy Amadeo; paid $4750 in late 2020. They are running about $5600 now.

Shame on him.

1 Like

Totally agree. I was appalled when my supposedly fully custom saddle fit my horse so badly, despite him having been to the barn to take measurements first.

I asked him to fix it and he said he “didn’t believe” in fitting saddles at the barn with the horse there. He would only do it “properly” at his shop with the horse nowhere in sight!

And with you paying the return shipping. :neutral_face:

Exactly. I will never, ever recommend him again.

1 Like

Aviar - was 5995, I believe now 6495 base
Albion Fabrento - 6500ish, was $7100 with tax
Custom - starts at $5k
Ideal - paid $3200 with custom options

I paid $6000 for a complete custom Equipe Bocelli several years ago. It is in brand new condition as I had to stop riding because of health concerns. I am now trying to sell it as I have finally accepted my riding days are over.

I got my dressage saddle from Hastilow about 3 - 4 years ago. It’s their brand and has a flexible tree – I think I paid around 3000 for it, maybe a little more? It’s a very high-quality saddle and I’m completely satisfied with it. I just wish it weren’t so heavy!

Is it just me or do most of these prices sound about double what they should be? :thinking:
Supply and demand I guess? :woman_shrugging:
TL/DR; Dressage = $$$

2 Likes

@ahdressage - I think you’re seeing the impacts of global inflation and regulations. Leather prices are higher in part because the tanning process has changed due to environmental regulations. Labor costs are higher in the EU & UK where many of the higher end brands are manufactured.

4 Likes

Dressage saddles and tack have ALWAYS been extra expensive.

I remember going through my Miller’s and Kaufmann’s catalogues in the mid-sixties early 70s.
The higher costs of dressage tack and clothes discouraged me from even thinking about trying dressage (plus lack of teachers, trained lesson horses and dressage stables.)

1 Like