What breed does my mare look most like?

Got her grade, so I have no idea what she is, she’s still super young with some growing left to do. She’s definitely got some nice moments under saddle. Im hoping she’ll make a versatile horse regardless what breed she may be.

4 Likes

She is very narrow in build. How old is she??

No idea on breed so can’t even guess but breed really doesn’t matter when you are happy with her :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

She’s cute and looks like a sweetheart!

She does look pretty young, more of a filly than a mare. Do you know her age? If not, you might get a vet to look at her teeth and find out (or get some photos of her teeth and post them here) then you will know how much riding you should be doing with her now.

As for the breed, it anybody’s guess.

2 Likes

Vet said she just turned 3. Here’s a pic of her teeth.

6 Likes

Ah, so still a young filly. Did your vet have any guesses as to breed or breeds? Do you have a picture of her head from the side (profile?)

She’s sort of has a thoroughbred build so I was thinking a cross between one.

1 Like

She could be TB x Quarter Horse but that’s just a guess. She has a lovely soft eye. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thankyou

2 Likes

I think her breed is “cute”! :grinning:. She looks like she has really good bone to me. I like her.

8 Likes

TB X seems rational; she’s a leggy girl built along those lines. Don’t see anything hairy or heavy in there. Agree she has a lovely eye. The nice thing about a mystery is she’s free of automatic prejudices*: no one will assume she’s a flighty Arab, or a big Dumb-blood, a stubborn Appaloosa, evil pony, hot TB, etc-.-hopefully, she’ll be judged on her own merits.**

*Except the obvious redheaded mare thing
**Which of course should be true for all horses, but I know I have my own biases

4 Likes

That photo is adorable. I love the big white patch on her nose and her sweet, pretty face.

As for breed? Not that it really matters because she’s so darn cute, but I would guess a Thoroughbred and Quarter horse cross with a dash of a Paint or pinto tossed in somewhere.

3 Likes

My best guess would be a TB X of some type. Whatever she is, she’s cute!

2 Likes

I would guess saddlebred. Seen a few built like that .

14 Likes

long neck but does not have the flat croup.

5 Likes

They don’t all have a flat croup. I have one with a very rotund butt.

6 Likes

Whatever she is, she’s adorable! I also think she’s a Thoroughbred cross.

2 Likes

I have this horse’s clone as a client. Even down to the similar white marking on the face. I would post pictures but not my horse and I want to protect my client’s privacy.

Here you go, public image.

Screenshot_20240206_212714_Chrome|230x500

1 Like

The neck position arising from the shoulder, to an extent, and the straight-ish shoulder, but the ears don’t look pure Saddlebred.

1 Like

I vote appendix QH, with high percentage of blood.

2 Likes