Unlimited access >

What's a girl to to do?

Yes, I look forward to the day when I have my first break-up so that I too can become bitter as you all.

As of now, yours truly has never had a b/f…whoa wait…I don’t even think anyone’s ever had a crush on me. I am safe, yay go me! LOL.

J
The Fjord Jockey
Hukt on Fonics werked fore me.
National Fjord Racing Association

“Too bad you can’t buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.”

Nothing like a vacation to cheer a person up! Plus, i bet you can easily find an Italian gentleman (or two, or three! ) who would be more than happy to comfort you in your current lonely state . . . !

Truly, I am sorry – for HIS loss! What a jerk!

I agree with Merry, when it’s right, you’ll know it. Count me in as another example of the whirlwind courtship. I met my now husband and a month later dumped job, law school plans, and was disowned by family when I headed off to Alaska with him. Twenty seven years later, it still works.

Submit your photo to the Sea Urchin date gallery!!! LOLOL!!!

You’re too good for losers, Chef!!!

Yes! And seeing that I met Mr. N2Jumpers in a similiar way - I know of what I speak!

haha!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by findeight:
Cincinnati??? whatever did he find here??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am hoping he is in for a rude awakening when he returns looking for a new woman. Right now he is a Brazil for work so I think he has a lot to choose from. Grrrrrr…

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Fjord Jockey:
Yes, I look forward to the day when I have my first break-up so that I too can become bitter as you all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please. Do not think of us as bitter. Think of us as finely aged or well seasoned. No one wants to drink a young wine, now do they?

[I]"You can pretend to be serious; you can’t pretend to be witty. "

• Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *[/I]

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merry:
Well, although I liked all your choices, I voted for “other”. Me thinks you need to attend a few horse shows and equestrian soirees with me. I’ll just oggle the appealing horsey men folk, as I’m want to do, since I’m totally satisfied with Mr. Merry, and just shove you in their direction. I’m sure I can stir up some mischief for you!

“Beware of geeks bearing gifts.”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merry - I go to many of the same shows as you. Where the heck are all the men-folk you speak of?

Chef, coming in on this one a little late, I agree with much of the good advice coming from Merry, LordHelpus and many others.

In the short term, do things that will be fun, spend time with friends, go on vacation, hang out with your lovely horses, etc. As time passes, you will rediscover the parts of you that you really like and you’ll be ready to move on.

With a little bit of luck, the right one will come along and he will appreciate you and understand your need to indulge in things that you are passionate about – like your horses.

In light of the fact that Mr. Chef just dumped me after 2+ years, I am deciding exactly how I should waste away my bonus money to cheer me up!

sigh

At least I wont be wasting any more money to fly to Cincinnati to visit him…

So what do YOU think I should do?

And to think I would wax lyrical about his good looks!

SO sorry to hear about this, my dear. Too bad there is not a font which shows all sorts of fingers … including a very eloquent middle one.

Maybe we should drink??

I think the riding vacation in Italian sounds wonderful. And keep in mind, Italian men are very appreciative of young women…older women…oh heck, all women.

Nothing like a nice boost to the ego at times like these.

Hmmmm…what about an IRISH riding vacation instead?

Ahhh, The Fjord Jockey…Innocence is bliss.

We aren’t man-haters, dear. It just takes maturity to realize that the vast percentage of the male race is inferior to the female race.

Ugh. Not the trainers, that’s for sure! I’m talking about the auxillary menfolk, those who attend the horse show but aren’t necessarily participating in it as a rider. Think good-looking, single, with that slight “dazed and confused, what am I doing here” look on their face.

“Beware of geeks bearing gifts.”

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pirateer:
I vote Ireland over Italy. Italians are so…hairy. Its like a disease or something.

Rebecca
http://www.bluffparkfarm.com

“You’re going to hell, you know that, right?”
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed plus the Irish just have the best accents

< Patience, grasshopper >

So like, “all of the above” plus a spending spree at Nordies is not an option?

[I]"You can pretend to be serious; you can’t pretend to be witty. "

• Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *[/I]

Start planning the next step instead of/in addition to crying in your beer. I voted for the Lasik surgery because it’s the one with the most lasting benefit. And you will be so gorgeous that the former Mr. Chef will be very sorry. I had its predecessor (PKR) done five years ago and couldn’t be happier.

Whatever you decide to do, keep that attitude - it looks good on you!

Bummer. But you are obviously better off without any man who would be so foolish as to dump you!

So:
(1) Go to a show, soon.
(2) Buy a dog or cat.
(3) Get Lasik if you want it (though you are DARN attractive with glasses. And sooooo many men DIG chicks with glasses!!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chef:
I am hoping he is in for a rude awakening when he returns looking for a new woman. Right now he is a Brazil for work so I think he has a lot to choose from. Grrrrrr…<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of …um…social diseases rampant down there. You could hope. Not the big “A” of course. Something really irritating and itchy.
Oooops. Hehehe I meant Brazil when I said “down there”
but…

“I am drunk…and you’re crazy. Tomorrow I’ll be sober, you’ll be crazy for the rest of your life”. W.C. Fields in “It’s a Gift”