Unlimited access >

What's the deal with "unapproved" posts?

I’ve had a few of these, and it seems to be that including links (sometimes just one) is the trigger. Any tips on writing an “approved” post, other than just leave out the links? Are there any other triggers besides links?

What’s the timeline on getting them approved?

If they’re not approved, what happens? Do we get a note with why?

Though we obviously still get spammers that get through, the software does sometimes corral suspect posts into a moderation queue for review before they go live. I’m not sure what the software keys in on that marks it as spam, though almost all the posts it sequesters include links.

The old version of the software also performed this action. I’m seeing more posts affected with the new software, though I’m not sure if it relates to the algorithm used or the fact that there may be more links being included with the new software.

I’ll try to see if I can figure out any trends and keep you folks updated.

They are approved when I check and see that they exist! They don’t generate email notifications to moderators, so I check for them when I’m in my message center. Feel free to give a PM prod if something important has gotten gummed up in the works.

Thanks!
Mod 1

5 Likes

Thanks for the info, mod 1!

Look Mod1, another activity for your to-do list that is easy, quick and probably always successful helping you feel better about yourself and your workday :winkgrin:

1 Like

I just had one such post, “unapproved”, that had a link to allbreedpedigree, not exactly a physing site:

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/off-course/9662939-horse-accommodations-for-problems/page2

That may be some kind of glitch in the system’s filter?

Every single time I have posted a reply since the forum upgrade, I get the “unapproved” message. It is really difficult to actively participate in conversations when my comment doesn’t appear for many hours or a day. Is there any way to get “whitelisted”?

@Dawn J-L Could you post a random new thread in this forum without any links to test it out? I saw that your post from earlier in the day was sucked in by the spam filter…I don’t know why the one you then posted in this thread did as well. Your account isn’t “under moderation” or anything, so I’m not sure why your posts are consistently being quarantined!

Thanks,
Mod 1

1 Like

Could it be something in your signature setting the filters off?

Not that I know if that makes any difference, just guessing.

1 Like

I attempted to post a new thread in this forum as requested. I did not see the “unapproved” message upon submission, but the post has not appeared. (We’ll see what happens to this reply when I hit “post”!) Thanks for trying to help me get this fixed. The issue has definitely impacted my use of and visits to the COTH forums.

Since my earlier separate thread and reply in this thread seem to have been caught in the filter, I edited my sig to remove the links to see if that makes a difference. So this post is a test for that change…

Yet another attempt to post! (most likely heading for the filter again)

Just trying again to see if my posts are still going straight t quarantine…

Another test to see if I all my posts are stuck in quarantine…

I haven’t been able to post anything anywhere, not even a basic nice sentence with no links etc.

@Dawn J-L I’ve sent an inquiry to find out what process they’ve made in IDing the source of the issue.
@js I saw all your posts sucked into the moderation queue. Have you been posting with success until just recently? If so, were there any recent changes on your end.

I’m so sorry for this trouble! Trying to find some answers for you.
Mod 1

I haven’t had any issues posting until this week, now I can’t, couldn’t even reply to your PM, had to create a new one. I have not made any changes in my profile, haven’t even looked at in ages.

was able to post a couple of times last night; however, I’m back to being unapproved! Do I need to start over and create a new login? I don’t think anyone would miss my original login but I hate to lose my Grand Prix status, that took a lot of years to earn.

1 Like

I never had any difficulties posting before the forum upgrade (earlier this year?) Ever since then every single one of my posts has been quarantined.

While I can post, I haven’t made any changes to my profile but I have switched to a new internet service that uses WiFi so maybe that has something to do with it? I got a new computer but its a basic HP with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge for internet.