Unlimited access >

"Where Are They Now"?

I hope this will be an interesting sequel to the Jeopard and Double Jeopardy threads.

Ever wonder what happened to that famous junior rider or professional that used to win EVERYTHING and then dropped off the face of the earth? Maybe he or she is still riding somewhere in some godforesaken corner of the world (like Utah ).

Please identify where they are and what they’re doing, if you know. I’ll start:

Debra Baldi

Genie Grigsby

Frank and Joann Houston

Scott Nederlander

Joe Bradner

yes,mary ellen rides with us often.you would be proud of her,she has taken the 1/4 clyde hunting,
dressage,hunter shows. the girl still has spunk,
because her horse has a ton of jump!If you remember jeff bradner he has shown this horse
in the green hunters at local shows.

Syzygy was donated a few years back to one of the college riding teams. Not sure which one. I saw Margaret at WIHS but didn’t get a chance to chat with herl.

Wow, Skylarking! Good one. I knew I wasn’t going to come up with that name and it was driving me crazy.

I hope this will be an interesting sequel to the Jeopard and Double Jeopardy threads.

Ever wonder what happened to that famous junior rider or professional that used to win EVERYTHING and then dropped off the face of the earth? Maybe he or she is still riding somewhere in some godforesaken corner of the world (like Utah ).

Please identify where they are and what they’re doing, if you know. I’ll start:

Debra Baldi

Genie Grigsby

Frank and Joann Houston

Scott Nederlander

Joe Bradner

She was a super pony. We called her Eggie. She belonged to the Pesko’s at the time but had numerous owners before them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lauriep:
Larry Aspden a car salesman…you see, you really do get to your true calling if you wait long enough!
Laurie <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! I thought the exact same thing but was too chicken to post. Bet Dr. R would agree, too!

Just because you’re not paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Photoequs:
What about the Ziffs? I don’t remember the kids names, just vauge memories of the kids zipping around the pony ring at Culpepper.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny,

I was thinking about David the other day while remembering Deep Run. (I almost ran him over with a golf cart once when we showed in the ponies.)

He should be in his low 30’s these days. I know his dad lost a good bit of money when the real estate market crashed in the 80’s and the boys had quite riding by then anyway.

Any Texas (Dallas, if I recall) know the whole story? Or someone with a Tony Font connection, as I think he was the last to have one of their jumpers.

Madam Square, Madam Square, surely you know the answer to my question about Mark Jungherr’s wife!

You know everything.

“What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?”

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dementia 13:
So, Alex Trebek, I think it is time for another trivia thread!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes! Yes! Yes! COTH BB Jeopardy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MargaretF:

Joseph Quattrochi, that’s a name from the past! He had Wilde April, and some ponies too.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, MargaretF, you’ve been sipping alternative beverages with disreputable jumper riders from Md. too long, it was Wylde April, and Chardonnay, or course!

Some California eq riders from the early 90s, did they go on riding:

Courtney McKay
Nicole Cooper

The Amy Nunnally that is showing is Lee Nunnally’s wife. Lee and Scott are brothers. Scott is married to Amy that used to show Fair Warning and other great horses. I hope this clears some things up.

Duffy, send me an email to jparkes@spfarm.com

I’m still at work and getting ready to leave and won’t be around the computer for a while, an hour or so.

Yes, we must find out who each other is!!!

Helen, Fire Escape

Margaret, Imari

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

How about Amy Brumder (Traurig). If you guys tell me she’s now a famous judge I am going to slink back to my corner, since I’d be what, 3 for 3 on being clueless?

“What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?”

How about
Gene Estep?

Pancho is in CA managing Elise Haas’ farm Willow Creek Ranch. I heard that he and his wife recently had a new addition to the family!

I used to work for Joe Bradner. He is one of the trainer’s at Sag Pond farm in Sagaponack, NY (near the Hampton Classic). He has been there for quite some time now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weatherford:
Ike Griest? (Geist? I was only about 10 at the time)

I knew him when he worked at the Brady’s in Far Hills, adn he had a daughter who was a really good rider who was older than me - but I don’t remember her name.

Sad - she was our top B/A pony clubber - but wasn’t allowed to go to Nationals because, under the rules at that time, she was considered a professional.

Thank goodness that rules has changed!

Wtywmn - do you remember him/them??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I know who you are talking about, if it is the same person I believe her daughter rides/rode and she is a proud grandmother.