Unlimited access >

Which Hunter Stallion??

Apiro is likely too big for your mare but they jump amazing.

Consider a dressage bred stallion who jumps like Rubinus. They move beautifully and still jump well.

Balta C’zar seems to consistently throw the exact same time on a variety of mares who do well in hunter breeding.

1 Like

[QUOTE=HunterAmbassador;8414260]
I actually was also looking into Thanks for the Gold! I want to see more offspring of his however. Any of you have opinions on Don Alfredo? Does he throw a nice jump? Conformation?[/QUOTE]

The ones I’ve seen have been substantial, nice movers and well tempered. I believe he’s 1987, is he still available?

[QUOTE=Prime Time Rider;8417283]

Has anyone out there bred to Bliss?[/QUOTE]

Yes, happily! Feel free to PM me, :slight_smile:

I think there’s still frozen semen available from Abdullah the Trakehner stallion available in my neck of the woods. He was fantastic and has a lot of offspring that can move and jump.

What about Nob Hill?

[QUOTE=tucktaway;8417605]
The ones I’ve seen have been substantial, nice movers and well tempered. I believe he’s 1987, is he still available?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Gold is a 2007 stallion. You may be thinking about his sire, All the Gold. All the Gold passed away a few years ago…there is no semen available.

[QUOTE=EllenAspen;8419433]
Thanks for the Gold is a 2007 stallion. You may be thinking about his sire, All the Gold. All the Gold passed away a few years ago…there is no semen available.[/QUOTE]

I should have shortened the quote. My response was in reference to Don Alfredo!

[QUOTE=Prime Time Rider;8417283]

Has anyone out there bred to Bliss?[/QUOTE]

We have bred Bliss MF to our TB mare and to our Oldenburg mare. The jump on our yearling Bliss filly was amazing and I am over the moon with our weanling filly (which we are keeping)
Here are pic of them. The first is out of our TB mare and the other is out of our Oldenburg mare.

Rhythm & Balous by Bliss MF.jpg

Etched in Balou by Bliss MF.jpg

Cabalito is a very proven stallion that throws very true to type and ability (and temperment, which he is best known for!) He has many offspring that win in hunter breeding, over fences and starting in the derbies. Check out his FB page for tons of pictures and videos of his offspring.

Beste Gold… The offspring that are making it to the big arena are doing very well… Talk to anyone who owns one…

[QUOTE=HunterAmbassador;8414260]
I actually was also looking into Thanks for the Gold! I want to see more offspring of his however. Any of you have opinions on Don Alfredo? Does he throw a nice jump? Conformation?[/QUOTE]

I talked to his owner recently – she’s going to check his semen in the spring as he’ll be 29 years old. There are a handful of mares that bred to him last year that got pregnant. He is my absolute favorite stallion I’ve seen, and I’ve been researching for months.

[QUOTE=Nevada10;8439969]
I talked to his owner recently – she’s going to check his semen in the spring as he’ll be 29 years old. There are a handful of mares that bred to him last year that got pregnant. He is my absolute favorite stallion I’ve seen, and I’ve been researching for months.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if there is any frozen? I hope so, he is one I’ve always liked too!

Catoki
Lordanos
Carrico (not sure he is available to the public at this time)

[QUOTE=tucktaway;8440568]
Do you know if there is any frozen? I hope so, he is one I’ve always liked too![/QUOTE]

No, sorry, I didn’t ask about that.

No question for me, Jupiter, excellent balance and jump:)

[QUOTE=Carol Ames;8441059]
No question for me, Jupiter, excellent balance and jump:)[/QUOTE]

I love Jupiter too, although he is a smaller stallion. He passed away a few years ago. I do have some of his frozen semen for sale. :wink:

Cunningham!!

Cunningham, hands down! http://www.cunningham-stallion.com/

Love ROC USA also.have seen several lovely babies showing in hand and over fences…very nice!!

Absolutely adored Jupiter, but he was quite small. You wouldn’t get your height you are after.

[QUOTE=VirginiaBred;8443712]
Absolutely adored Jupiter, but he was quite small. You wouldn’t get your height you are after.[/QUOTE]

Jupiter was basically the perfect perfect package in EVERY WAY. But isn’t going to be a guarantee of size the OP wants. Performance and personality wise, it doesn’t get any better than him though.

Westporte absolutely. I have bred a lot of horses and this stallion passes on exactly what I am looking for…consistently! Temperment #1, ammy rideability #2 and almost perfect conformation. The hack winner almost always as well!

And if you are breeding to sell…perfect! The sire’s name does half the work for you. :slight_smile: