Unlimited access >

Which Pivo are you using?

I am eyeballing a Pivo Silver on sale and wondered if that is what you are using?

I believe that is the model I have and it works great.

Silver as well.

I’ve just acquired the Silver as a Christmas present, where’s the best place to put it in a 20x60 arena?

Someone in my barn uses it for lessons and the put it in a corner.

I just got a Pivo Silver for Xmas!

Works with my fiance’s I phone 11 doesn’t work with my NEW Android Moto G Power. Phone won’t focus. Any help would be appreciated.

Also be aware if you’re in the “share” setting and you don’t have ear phones your trainer’s voice will come out of the spinning phone and you will die when your small bay Arabian spooks and bolts for cover.

5 Likes

Oh good point!

I put mine at C, but make a mental note to do most things I really want to watch somewhere near the top of the arena.

I put mine at X. I find that if I put it at the edge, end, or outside of the arena, I can’t get it to lock on again when it inevitably loses me. For some reason it likes to spin off in a random direction when it loses me, and if it’s at X I can just ride a circle around it and it will pick me back up. If I can’t circle around it, it might end up staring into nowhere the rest of the ride.

I think it’s a Silver as well.

1 Like

I do this as well. What I’ve found is that if I put it near the rail, it will focus there and leave off focusing on me, and thus I will lose it for the rest of the ride. I can still ride all the figures I want when its at X, and this also has the benefit of making all my movements reasonably close to the camera.

1 Like

I have the silver. Works brilliantly, rarely loses us and if it does it picks us up again straight away when riding past. I out mine at X (or a little bit either side on the centreline). Somewhere roughly in the middle is best I’ve found.

Only issue I have is my phone has a fairly small amount of storage (I cheaped out when buying…major regrets!), so I’m limited as to the quality I can film in, and how long I can film. New phone will be on the cards soon for literally just this reason.

Is everyone typically riding alone? or is it decent at tracking with multiple horses in the arena?

It’s awful for tracking you if there are other horses around. It cannot tell the difference between target and off-target and will follow whoever rides past it last.

1 Like

Thank you. I love it’s ease of setup compared to my Pixio, but too often there’s someone else riding with me, so I don’t think it will work. :frowning:

There’s a $1000 model that you wear a tag so it only follows you.

1 Like

For that price, I’ll set up my Pixio. :slight_smile:

I have the Pivo silver and generally place it just off centre and that works pretty good for when I’m doing both flat work and jumping. I generally ride alone so I don’t need to worry about other horses but even if I did, I’d still use but just be mindful to pass in front of it and keep an eye on it. It’s pretty simple to set up and I can afford it. The other things like Pixio seem more complicated to me and way more expensive!

Isn’t that the Pixio?

1 Like

No idea. I heard the price tag and never looked.

You are correct. There is no Pivo that has a tag. It’s primary downfall :slight_smile:

1 Like