Unlimited access >

Who do you use for Trailer Insurance?

Hi,

I was wondering who everyone uses for trailer insurance. The past two years my state has had large hikes on auto insurance and now I’m shopping around to see if I can find lower rates. Several of the companies I’ve called don’t cover trailers, so I’m wondering who everyone uses.

Thanks!

State Farm

State Farm

Equipment Insurance

I’ve used Geico and Amica in different states.

Liability or comprehensive?

Your vehicle liability I believe extends to the trailer if the trailer is being towed.

Comprehensive I used State Farm since they have all my other insurance policies…

State Farm

Geico

Geico, same as my truck and motorcycle

I don’t have any insurance on my trailer other than the liability that extends from the tow vehicle.

most trailers are covered for liability under your existing tow vehicle’s policy (when being towed). You can get it full coverage by the same company or one of the ones people above have mentioned.

Progressive

Pemco! Best insurance ever.

Farm Bureau, same as my truck and house.

Nationwide.

I use USAA (also for both vehicles and my home).
They are great to work with on claims! My husband was recently towing one of our trailers and was hit by a deer. The deer ran into the back/side of the trailer, blowing both tires, bending the axels, and taking off the fender/wheel guard thing. USAA sent out a trailer appraiser and covered having the trailer taken to the repair place. When the estimates were higher than the original damage estimate, USAA no-questions-asked gave me the difference immediately. Now if only the repair place would hurry up and get my trailer fixed!

Another USAA member; limited to current and past military though.

Currently Erie (I’m in PA). Very happy with USAA in the recent past, good rate too. Briefly with Progressive a few years ago. All have been easy to work with/not perplexed by the trailer. Thankfully no claims experience with any of the three.

Your auto carrier should be your first point of contract. Trailer insurance is inexpensive, but typically the carrier wants your auto business as well.

State Farm. I have all my vehicles and house through them.