Unlimited access >

WHO IS GOING to LAEC on Saturday for National Freestyle Championships???

Still not 100% sure if I am going, I have to juggle a bit if I am. Cactuskate, are you still going? Who else will be there?

If a bunch of us are in attendance, I think a COTH photo is definitely required.

What time are people going tomorrow?

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie’s home page
My horse has her shoes back on! She is high as a kite!

Hopefully I get some wind back in my sails by then. But I am very much looking forward to it.

We will get there sometime Saturday mid day I believe. I have no knowledge of the layout, so if we were to rendevouz we need to be very specific.

I believe Merry will be there on “official business” also.

Hope we can all connect. I will be the one with no hair and the oxygen!

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

daytimedrama -

you can get all the info from the show management web site (Cornerstone). The two rounds for the World Cup Finals/Freestyle champs are Saturday 3 - 4:35 and Sunday 2 - 3:27 according to the schedule on the web site. Tickets are $25 for one day or $35 for Sat&Sunday. There is a “regular” show going on at the same time, but only FEI classes–Prix St George and above.

I heard that tickets were sold out, so I didn’t go. Plus I wasn’t able to visit my cat out that way. I thought I would be able to, but can’t because he is still radioactive!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Yes, I shall be there. I’m about as far removed from being a dressage queen as they come, but at least I can (hopefully) “ooh and ahhh” at the right times whilst taking notes and shoving a tape recorder in rider’s faces.

I shall be the one traipsing behind the female photographer with the huge, tan lense on her camera.

I should be there most of Saturday. Sunday I’m taking Beezer to a schooling show in the early am, then I’ll be there in the afternoon for the final fandango.

Cactuskate, hope you can make it!

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

Looks like I’m a go for sure. We will arrive Saturday mid day I assume. Still blindly traveling with no idea where our motel room is.

Anyone else besides Merry and I going to be there? Coreene, it is in your backyard for goodness sake. Can’t you come out and play?

Should we exchange cell phone numbers via email or something? Like I can hope my cell service from the desert would work out of walking distance of my house.

what?!?

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie’s home page

I’ll be the one with drool coming out of my mouth and too many Dominion Saddlery shopping bags clutched in my hands. Oh, and dont forget the glazed over look in my eyes. I’m very excited to go. God, I have no life.

Depending on how many people seem to be going, I may come.

Saturday would then be really crazy, though.

I ride at 8:00AM, am having my hair (near my house) cut at 12:00 (or 1:00, I should check…)

And, my house, my barn and LAEC form one big triangle…

I live near Century City/Beverly Hills, my barn is in Calabasas, and LAEC is in Burbank.

But, more than one or two people are going, it’s worth a lot of driving to come meet you all!

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie’s home page

Yee hee! Debbie won the USAEq freestyle championship, but since she’s aiming for the WEG in Spain, Steffan Peters is our World Cup rep. I was pretty much stalking her, Bob, and Brentina for two solid days, complete with my photographer lurking in the bushes. We got all kinds of wonderful photos and great quotes. The two days, despite the fact that there were no jumps involved, actually wasn’t that bad.

And… I saw Cactuskate and her gang again. So, the heavens were smiling on me all around.

But lest anyone get any ideas, no, I am not soon becoming a dressage queen.

[This message was edited by Merry on Feb. 25, 2002 at 01:02 AM.]

[This message was edited by Merry on Feb. 25, 2002 at 01:02 AM.]

will some one tell me all the Info. I really want to go! Thanks

~Christina~
“I don’t patronize bunny rabbits!” -Heathers
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

If everyone is meeting, I’d consider going. I should go out there and visit my cat in Studio City that day anyway. He is getting radioactive iodine therapy for his hyperthyroidism, so he’s radioactive for 5-7 days. His waste has to be disposed of as hazardous waste. But I’m allowed to visit him. So since it is very near LAEC, I would consider stopping by to meet up with everyone.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Alas as Merry has said, we did meet. It was a blast. Though she says she is not a DQ, I do have to say she was tres chic in her cashmere on Sunday. Quite the effect the lovely green and her red hair. I think she was going for the Irish look and it worked.

Myself, I was going for the handicapped look. Had my Chronicle hat on covering my no hair, and my portable oxygen. However to give you an idea of how dependent I am on the oxygen, I was taking a potty break and realized I didn’t here the psst psst noise of the machine. I had run out lord knows when.

We did take a photo of Merry and I. Unfortunately it is the first on the roll. Guess I’ll just have to take a bazillion of Bud to get to the end. Will post when ready.

The horse show was fantastic. Weather was perfect. And the who’s who of the dressage world was there. Steffen Peters has a new stallion, Milton. Though he didn’t make it all the way through his test, seemed to have gotten hormonely distracted I beleive, he is gorgeous. We watched him in the warm up and the horse is like a little butterball. Gives true meaning to ROUND and on the aids. Big Chestnut with lots of white. I bet we will see lots of hime.

I am always impressed with Steffen, and he had a wonderful ride on Granduer. That horse has matured a lot in the last couple of years and really stayed together nicely for his Grand Prix and Freestyle.

Anyway, back to reality in the desert, guess I blow the sand off of Bud today and see if he wants to do a little work. Going to test drive my cantle bag for my oxygen. Maybe I can actually attempt a forward trot. I am so inspired.

Well now cliquers, you also can see, the USAE Stock Seat Medal Finals as well. Incorporated with the dressage show. Don’t ask, no one has a clue why this was done. But enjoy and cheer them on. A friend is riding and she will be happy for any enthusiasim.

I am definitely going both days, but I’ll just be there mostly for the Freestyle thingy. (That’s my techno-dressage speak).

Sorry I could not make it, but I was in the throes of marketing mania. Working on it for my parents’ company. But heard that it was a blast!

So glad that you made it, Mrs. Cactus.

Yes, do tell! I’d like to come too!

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie’s home page
My horse gets her shoes back on today after nine days off! She’s going stir crazy!

Please cheer them on Merry. There will only be 4 people at the finals, stock seat. Seems the powers that be moved the whole thing from Scottsdale, to this new venue. Since there were 20 odd last year, and now only 4, one would wonder about this decision.

I shall have to post my ravings on a new thread: “Hunter shows vs. dressage shows”.