Unlimited access >

Who?

In your opinion, who is the best hunter instructor, (teacher) on the east coast? Not rider, not biggest name, necessarily, the best teacher, is the question? Please respond with name and farm name.

just for hunters?

Don Stewart - Don Stewart Stables

He is a big name, but that is because he is constantly in the winners circle. I would be hard pressed not to add him to this list. You will find more BNT’s on this list. They are big names because their programs are good.

Yes just for hunters. And someone who might give a few haul in lessons to an adult.

Big name is not important. Need someone with the ability to watch horse and rider, diagnose and solve problem.

The east coast is pretty big. Maybe a specific state would narrow it down?

Nope, will travel to the right person.

Greg Best

Impossible to generalize. What’s the criteria? Best for whom? What type of horse? What type of rider? What is the criteria for measurement # of AA wins? # of clients at indoor? Producing open-division winners, or making up horses for junior/amateur clients?

[QUOTE=Ridefromtheground;8895493]
Big name is not important. Need someone with the ability to watch horse and rider, diagnose and solve problem.[/QUOTE]

I know you say a big name is not important. However, if you want a generalized list, you will be receiving a lot of big names… Not just because they are BNTs. It is because their programs are fantastic and produce winners in all circles (jr, open, AA).

However, if you specify your budget (which would take a lot of BNTs out), your specifics, locations, showing wants/needs, etc… That would help weed out trainers and names.

[QUOTE=Ridefromtheground;8895521]
Nope, will travel to the right person.[/QUOTE]

So, if you are in NY, you will trailer to someone in FL???

[QUOTE=Ridefromtheground;8895490]
Yes just for hunters. And someone who might give a few haul in lessons to an adult.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking to show with them or just lesson? Are you looking to be in a program or just a few one-off lessons?

Budget is not a consideration. Not new to east coast hunters and trainers. Been around awhile. Know the scene and protocols. Just seeking valid opinions. Thanks.

Mostly A and AA in southeast. Just a few or more if need be, haul in lessons to solve a specific problem.

Mostly A and AA in the southeast. Budget is not the focus, so leave that out for now. Looking for a few, or more, haul in lessons to solve a specific problem. Just looking for solid suggestions. I’m not new to the Hunter world. Been around a while and know the protocols. Thanks.

If you want someone who can diagnose and perhaps solve a problem I would say Frank Madden. I hear also Greg Best is excellent at that.

Keep in mind that it seems as if you are looking for something specific: a problem solver. Not all great trainers are problem solvers; they don’t need to work with problem horses or riders and they don’t keep them around. Moreover, not all problems can be solved. So be prepared to hear that.

Right now, I’m pretty amazed that no one can/will simply answer the question. Already stated “this is not my first rodeo.” Not looking for magic. Just looking for suggestions or experiences with really good TEACHERS.

Thanks for the Madden, Greg Best suggestion!??

[QUOTE=Ridefromtheground;8896016]
Right now, I’m pretty amazed that no one can/will simply answer the question. Already stated “this is not my first rodeo.” Not looking for magic. Just looking for suggestions or experiences with really good TEACHERS.[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty amazed you got belligerent that quickly. If you are a regular, you already know these people.

Your tone is off putting.

[QUOTE=Ridefromtheground;8896016]
Right now, I’m pretty amazed that no one can/will simply answer the question. Already stated “this is not my first rodeo.” Not looking for magic. Just looking for suggestions or experiences with really good TEACHERS.[/QUOTE]

People are giving you answers.

If this isn’t your “first rodeo” and you’ve “been around” shouldn’t you have a pretty darn good feel about who you should go to???