Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Just curious. Why would you rent to such a person a second time? Much less a sixth time?

2 Likes

It sounds like Knights Mom is the attorney that processed the eviction, not the landlord.

21 Likes

She is not the landlord.

8 Likes

This. Please & thank you.

ETA: I am so sorry for the loss of your son.

9 Likes

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

2 Likes

Before folks start packing heat and shooting non-compliant guests/tenants/business partners … whatever the Barisone-LK/RW relationship, there are many remedied at law i.e. legal; and yes, they take some time and effort. as in temporary to permanent restraining orders, landlord-tenant eviction actions, all require some legal standing and legal action. None require emergency medical care and lock up in prison. Just saying

10 Likes

Noooooo… all different landlords. When he gets evicted he moves on to the next rube. He meets a prospective landlord, shows up in his blue BMW with his shiny Rolex, pays first and last months rent, moves in and then lives rent free offering sob stories to the landlord until a year or two later the LL catches on and goes to evict which then takes even more time especially if the landlord files a Non Payment case instead of a Holdover case.

4 Likes

Not

3 Likes

Where would someone “look it up” ?

11 Likes

Curious to know how long can he remain living there, considering he and LK are under an eviction notice,
and the Fire Marshall told them to vacate (according to MB) .

4 Likes

Have you contacted MB’s legal defense team ?

Is that Mary Haskins Gray? There’s a message from Nick Peronace “Please check Inbox” on her page…

5 Likes

This whole thing is tragic. I’ll be interested to see what happens with the court case, because the current tactic of MB’s attorney calling LK and RG squatters doesn’t seem to be a good one. I understand that they may in fact be squatters, and from LK’s FB postings before they were locked down or removed, she seemed a little unstable to say the least, but unless she was armed and threatening MB, I don’t see where his attorney is going with that.

4 Likes

Ugh. Horrible that someone would repeatedly game the system that way. Dirtbag.

Thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

If NP shoves his nose in this, one imagines him offering his LE expertise for example, the situation will have truly jumped the shark

31 Likes

I don’t know. In NYC the fire marshals get you out immediately. The only possible thing to file in NYC would be an Article 78 petition in Supreme Court alleging the NYFD acted unlawfully. Don’t know the NJ equivalent.

A fire department usually removes folks for lack of exits. There must always be 2 ways to exit any domicile in case of fire. So if someone is in a basement with only the stairway going upstairs as a way out, the fire department can evict from the basement. Dangerous wiring situations is another thing. Increased gas levels are another.

This is what I’ve seen on FDNY eviction documentation people bring to our court thinking we can get them back in.

1 Like

He can write a book about it. “Orange is the New Shadbelly.” It would be like Orange is the New Black, but much darker and with a Gone Girl twist.

7 Likes

Here is an example.

BTW I’ve seen this numerous times. Angry tenant reports landlord for violations. Fire Department comes and removes tenant due to danger, again most often lack of 2 exits.

Btw2: For the story referenced in the link - bull the landlord didn’t know it was illegal. Anyone buying a house knows if it’s a one family or two family dwelling. It affects MANY aspects of the home including taxes. And, where I live you need to provide parking spots as well for a multi family dwelling.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/renti…epartment.html

1 Like

My first thought is that he is offering his training services thinking there would be big $$$$ to be had.

8 Likes

For the love of god, the kid was like 5 years old and VERY clearly at an arcade playing a game!!

14 Likes