Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Someone on Facebook said it was related to safesport. Sending jingles to the poor woman.

https://www.nj.com/morris/2019/08/1-shot-1-arrested-in-new-jersey-horse-farm-country-authorities-said.html

1 Like

Have not heard about it being related to SafeSport. Have heard rumors that the shooter was Michael (will come back and edit if not the case but I live down the road and that’s what a few local dressage/horse & non-horse people are saying). House was taped off with crime scene tape as well as much of the property as I drove home from work.

Will be interesting to find out what happened, certainly a tragic and unusual situation for our relatively quiet area.

1 Like

https://www.nj.com/morris/2019/08/1-shot-1-arrested-in-new-jersey-horse-farm-country-authorities-said.html

There are posts on the victim’s facebook page indicating she had filed a complaint with safesport.

Your ID of the shooter seems to be spot on from what I’ve heard as well.

1 Like

The wacko chick behind a certain infamous dressage site is chortling with glee on her personal Facebook page, claiming Barisone is her “hero” because he “shot some crazy bitch twice in the heart.”

WTF is going on?

20 Likes

Honestly sounds entirely like a domestic to me. I don’t think it has anything to do with anything except two people fighting over stuff.

1 Like

You should read the posts on the victim’s Facebook page. It’s far more than a simple domestic…

12 Likes

The victim was a client, not the ex-wife or current girlfriend. (Confirmed via mutual FB friend)

7 Likes

I wish there was some way to totally ban her from horse sports and venues altogether

31 Likes

From the victim’s public FB page:

On it! 👌
If I didn’t live in the house on the premises (part time from my other home in NC) & the past 2 weeks hadn’t provided me with SOLID GOLD in terms of plotting, bullying, sexual remarks, body shaming, etc… causing me to get SafeSport involved… I’d be O U T “yesterday.”

But, Bc the trainer(when he was in very bad need of money) basically forced us to get every quality horse I own to him/ immediately- I’d be much more easily able to move 5 horses- which was his exact plan. To trap us here - thinking it would be impossible to move so many horses, thereby being able to force us deal with “new rules, prices & extras for already included show costs,” has always been the scam I didn’t see coming.
Now that he’s “miraculously” come into some money from … an “insurance claim,” (more on that & what we actually know to be fact) on pm. 😉😎

1 Like

Wow…she definitely had a lot to say beforehand!! There are already many different perspectives. She said she recorded a lot and has records, so hopefully more gets sorted out.

1 Like

Is body shaming a SS reportable offense? I can’t even imagine a horse world without constant pressure to be thin.

4 Likes

She seems a bit unhinged, based on that Facebook page. Will be interesting to find out what really happened…

Definitely hoping for a speedy recovery for the victim.

10 Likes

she’s a kid, but also you don’t get to shoot someone, regardless of their kooky internet persona.

To slightly side step, the lines parroted are the same ones I’ve personally heard and heard said to others so often in this industry my whole life

I can get you to the top
you’re nothing without me

25 Likes

Wow. I have been reading the facebook message thread and apparently, it has turned into a Safesport issue. Or, rather, there are a load of comments that are tacitly implying the victim was shot becuase he was “pissed” about SS. We literally have no idea what occurred that night - speculation is coming from the victims’ FB post this past week - and we could be dragging people’s names and mental state through the mud. Social media is mind-boggling sometimes. I hope everyone is alright.

4 Likes

totally agree that everyone talking now is speculating based on available info.

Still, definitely can’t shoot someone who isn’t a direct and immediate physical threat

10 Likes

Since when is late 30’s a kid? Totally agree that no matter what was said online, shooting is not a solution to whatever disagreement was happening. But, we really don’t know the circumstances surrounding the shooting. Hope she has a full recovery. And hope everyone at that barn can recover from what had to be a completely shocking event.

31 Likes

If she graduated from high school in 1998, then she is near 40. I hope she recovers quickly.

5 Likes

(Is she really in her 30’s? Her FB post read like she is in her 20s.)

I hope she pulls, through. From my general understanding - very general - there was a client/trainer tension. So, I cannot for the life of me, imagine why a gun would at all be necessary during any confrontation over training horses…

The girl was shot in the heart, twice. I am a relatively firm believer, that if you pick up a gun, it is not an idle threat, you are shooting to kill. If I operate from my POV, I am trying to fathom what on earth went down. Is anyone familiar with her? Her FB page says she has 5 international horses in training and her profile pic has her with, Isabell Werth; is she some big-time rider?

6 Likes

Her fb Page gives her high school graduation as 1998. She could have given the wrong date.