Unlimited access >

World Cup 2015 Las Vegas hotels

We got a room at the Excalibur for 5 nights (tues thru sat) for a little over $300 with AAA discount. Not fancy by any means, but has always been clean and just fine. Kitty corner to MGM & the free shuttle to T&Mrena.

Well, the Hard Rock is walkable, and might have rooms, other than that, I’ll vouch for Rich. I don’t know that I’ve ever had an actual conversation with him, but I have seen him at shows, he seems nice, and his horse is gorgeous! :wink:

…and a gorgeous horse is an excellent reference :slight_smile:

Give us a list of your hotels, Rick, and we will try to make a group from COTH
instead of being all over town.

We are staying at the Southpoint in order to also see the Arabian Breeders WC competition (for free). The hotel has a shuttle to the Strip, but we will have a rental car. We did this last time and it worked great for us. Plus the Arabian venue has lots more great vendors !

Well - if he is a CET person, his hotels are Rio, Ballys, Caesars, Paris, Flamingo, Harrahs, the Quad and Planet Hollywood. We used to be Diamond members at CET - our favorite is Paris to stay at.

[QUOTE=Joanne;7754834]
For those who have bought your tickets, did they tell you the host hotels?[/QUOTE]

Last time I was on the World Cup site they didn’t have the hotels posted. My mom, sister, and I just booked at the Delano.

I emailed Rich a couple of days ago but he’s out of the office for a week or so. Paris–my usual for this event–is sold out. The Mandarin Oriental has some rooms available for about 300/night–it seems well situated. The Southpoint is super cheap but pretty far away… I didn’t know they were also hosting an Arabian event that same week. That might be sort of fun to see.

As an excuse to bump this up to the top of the board again…

Read on their facebook page that Matthias Rath is planning to bring Totilas to the WC Final.

I’ve never seen him live - so reason to book a flight.

Bump again - and to tie into a thread on Off topic

Tropicana is in a great location, has lovely rooms and a fabulous pool. Checked yesterday and found rooms during World Cup from $160/night. Am seriously thinking of going…

I still have’t pulled the trigger on a hotel yet. The Tropicana looks sort of fun and isn’t too far to walk.

Sponsor hotels announced: http://www.worldcuplasvegas.com/home/hotel but no special rates that I can find…

I’m booked at the Venetian. I don’t think the “deals” offered at the sponsor hotels are that great. I’m just going to cab it to the venue.

Just a heads up, the Tropicana is a bit farther away than it looks… I, for one, wouldn’t want to walk it. :wink:

Thanks for the tip, propspony.

There are no special rates at the host hotels. There do offer a free shuttle to T&M Arena but, at the last WC, I seem to remember standing in line a looooong time to board the shuttle (at the Paris Hotel). And I think we even had to walk over to Bellagio one day to get on a bus. Not terribly handy. I booked at Mandalay Bay and will take cabs to the venue (and to Lotus of Siam–lol!).

There’s also an AMAZING indian restaurant called “Mint” right near the T&M. :slight_smile:

Just booked a room at South Point - friends are also staying there. it is one of the host hotels and the prices are VERY reasonable for a strip hotel.

The south point isn’t really a “strip” hotel, it’s about 5-10 miles south of it. But it’s an awesome hotel and I highly recommend it!!! :slight_smile: it’s a quick drive up to the strip from it.

A bunch of us will be at the Hard Rock.

I’m already anxious for it to be here! I can’t wait to see how these horses compare in person because I know video doesn’t capture everything.

[QUOTE=Marex2;7648408]
The “host” hotels do have transportation shuttles to and from Thomas & Mack. Cabs go there, but you would have to call them to return, they do not have a cab line there. [/QUOTE]

I called one of the host hotels yesterday, South Point, they said they do NOT have a shuttle planned to the venue and it’s also 8 miles away. She did concede if the demand was great enough they might add shuttle service.