Unlimited access >

World Cup 2015 Las Vegas hotels

Seriously, flamenco horse? Geez. Is there any value of host hotels for us… I mean, who cares if riders and grooms have good hotel rates? :no:

entertainment while in Las Vegas

Winner!!! I was just looking to see what shows might be going on during the World Cup. VERY excited to see that Wayne Brady is going to have a show at the Mirage on Friday April 17 at 10 p.m. It would interfere with the jumping, but if you are there for the dressage, he puts on a GREAT show! I saw his show a couple of years ago and have been looking to see it again.

One of the things they did for the show I went to, they had people write something on a piece of paper, they would give him some of the suggestions and he would make up a song on the spot. I can imagine what unique things us horse people can come up with.

He does improv, sings, dances, etc. It’s a REALLY fun show.

I’ll post this again when COTH puts up a specific folder for the world cup.

Edited to say I just bought my ticket. Can’t make the reservation online yet, but you can call, so I did!

So booked the tickets, but now what hotel??? We could get a rental car, but what about parking at the World Cup Arena?? I am thinking about South Point right now…

Booked South Point as did my sister and some friends. Price seemed the best.

What about the Hard Rock Hotel… Walking to the Arena is kind of tempting…

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotel+map+las+vegas/@36.0998643,-115.1515476,16z

If you click on this link I put from the first page, you can see where the hotel is, click on it, and it will give you a price. Hard Rock is $55 a night. America’s Best $30 a night. Motel 6 $44 a night (same place.) Hyatt Place $132

[QUOTE=Beentheredonethat;7834157]
https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotel+map+las+vegas/@36.0998643,-115.1515476,16z

If you click on this link I put from the first page, you can see where the hotel is, click on it, and it will give you a price. Hard Rock is $55 a night. America’s Best $30 a night. Motel 6 $44 a night (same place.) Hyatt Place $132[/QUOTE]

Hard Rock is not $55 a night during the dates of the World Cup.

Thank you, I am still thinking…

http://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotels/Search?destination=place:McCarran_International_Airport&radius=2mi&checkin=2015-04-15&checkout=2015-04-19&Rooms=1&adults_1=2&pageSize=15&pageIndex=0&sort=Distance-asc&showSoldOut=false&scroll=2018&mapState=expanded%3D0

For those nights, the Rumor Hotel , across from Hard Rock closer to Thomas and Mack is $400 for 4 nights. Red Roof Inn is even closer, under $400 for 4 nights. Alexis Park resort is even closer, under $300 for 4 nights. America’s Best is $150 for 4 nights.

wow Thanks :slight_smile: This is more affordable that the Hard Rock Are you going too? I would love to meet some people… I will go and see the Dressage part and my husband and my son will watch the jumpers…So I have some time off in the evening

Any time. :slight_smile: Just let me know. I’m the master of finding good deals. And I’ve been there enough I know where everything is.

Over by East Harmon there are stores so you can buy things you need, too.

Last time the Swedes had their amazing gathering at the Embassy Suites. Pretty cool to have Jab Brink, Kyra Kyrklund, Leslie Morse, and all the great riders of Swedish horses there to talk and listen to. Last year there was a great breeder’s conference of the best breeders from all over the world. Totally cool.

Sounds great :slight_smile: So much looking forward to go :slight_smile:

Oh my word I am just getting so excited about this! I showed videos of Totilas and Valegro to my mom and sister (not dressage people), and they were amazed at what they saw. As far as hotels, we booked at the Delano (which is a hotel within the Mandalay Bay), one of the reasons being is that it is easier to get car service and such than at the MGM or Bellagio (less people, more personal attention). Already have Hoover Dam and Love booked, and am looking into Wayne Brady. I may head down to the Arab show just to see what that’s about.

We are staying at Paris but booked the room a while ago.

[QUOTE=flamenco horse;7828300]
I called one of the host hotels yesterday, South Point, they said they do NOT have a shuttle planned to the venue and it’s also 8 miles away. She did concede if the demand was great enough they might add shuttle service.[/QUOTE]

I emailed Tim Keener at Las Vegas Events the other day asking about the shuttles and he replied:

“All four host hotels have a complimentary shuttle.”

Sounds like Las Vegas Events is providing the shuttle buses and not the hotels.

From Las Vegas Events regarding the shuttles

Received this from Las Vegas Events:

Official Web Site: http://www.worldcuplasvegas.com/

Host Hotel: http://www.worldcuplasvegas.com/home/hotel

Note: the rates provide on each booking page are the best available rates for the event.

Just to confirm, all four hotels will have a complimentary shuttle to and from the Thomas & Mack Center. This shuttle service is being provided by the event organizer, Las Vegas Events.

We have not yet finalized our shuttle schedule and once we do we will send out all details to each of the four host hotels. In the meantime, you may call these hotels and given the size of their operation, someone may mistakenly tell you that they do not offer shuttle service. Rest assured Las Vegas Events will be providing service.

If any questions arise of your forum that you need assistance with please contact me directly:

Tim Keener
Event Director – 2015 FEI World Cup Finals
Tim@lasvegasevents.com

Thanks for your support of the upcoming finals.

Regards.

Tim

[QUOTE=Manni01;7834290]
wow Thanks :slight_smile: This is more affordable that the Hard Rock Are you going too? I would love to meet some people… I will go and see the Dressage part and my husband and my son will watch the jumpers…So I have some time off in the evening[/QUOTE]

My group is staying at Hard Rock. :slight_smile:

I heard back from Mr. Devin, and the rates are much better than what I could find online. We booked for Bally’s, as that was the most affordable of the group.

Does anyone know what South Point is like?? A friend and I are trying to join a group going (and staying at South Point) but I’m kind of more of a Bellagio kind of gal as is she, lol.

Is South Point decent??

P.S. I’m picky because I get skeeved out by hotel rooms. As in I have some germ “issues”. But not at a dirty barn. Go figure!

[QUOTE=Denzel;7843421]
I heard back from Mr. Devin, and the rates are much better than what I could find online. We booked for Bally’s, as that was the most affordable of the group.[/QUOTE]

I second this, he was a huge help! We’re not staying at Bally’s but all the rates he offered were WAY better than any of the other options.