Unlimited access >

World Cup 2017 in Omaha

Who else is going? http://www.omahaworldcup2017.com/

A few of us got together, ordered tickets, and booked a hotel room within easy walking distance.

Before doing so, I contacted the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau: http://www.visitomaha.com/event/fei-world-cup™-jumping-%26-fei-world-cup™-dressage-finals/22564/, as well as spoke with an individual with the Omaha Equestrian Foundation: http://www.omahaequestrian.com/

Tickets are available on Ticketmaster, and I was pleasantly surprised that ones that I consider the equivalent of Plaza Level tickets at last year’s WC in Las Vegas, are only $190 in Omaha (which is significantly less). On the other hand, a lot of them were already sold (or at least held back for now). TM is mailing the tickets 45 days in advance of the event.

When looking at the arena seating chart, be aware that the first four rows of seating will not actually be present (according to the OEF representative), as that area is needed for the dressage arena space. The next five rows (Rows 5 through 9) are reserved for VIP seating. The Club areas are also shaded out at this time; the rep said that the CenturyLink Arena Club seatholders have first right of refusal for those seats (as I understand it); if and when those seats open up, some may go on sale, but he said some (most?) would probably be reserved for VIPs, competitors, etc.

I asked about the seats themselves, and was told that they are all physically the same actual seats, except that the Club ones are an inch wider.

The rep informed me that there are three levels of VIP; a table of eight is $14K, individual VIP seats are $1200 for the Dressage Finals. VIP seats include meals and drinks in the Grand Ballroom attached to the CenturyLink Arena. Those wanting VIP tickets need to contact the OEF.

He also said that the vendors will be in the Exhibition Hall (also attached to the arena), not on the Concourse; that there will be a 20,000 s.f. restaurant there, as well - along with a stage and the Warm-up Arena - so that patrons can sit, eat, drink, and watch the warm-ups.

He stated that Omaha was going for more of a “European experience,” as far as shopping, VIP amenities, etc.

As far as booking the hotels, I was unable to book the Hilton connected to the arena (which hotel was recommended to me in Las Vegas last year by Omaha vendors). The rep told me that entire hotel has been reserved for the title sponsor (Longines), competitors, etc.

The hotel link on the WC site goes back to the Omaha site, where the hotels are listed, according to distance from the venue or alphabetically, etc., viewer’s choice. Both the OEF rep and the VisitOmaha staffer to whom I spoke said that the best rates were on this website. All I know is that two of us were consistently blocked out of the WC dates when trying to access rooms through the hotel chains’ main sites (we both tried multiple hotels).

The VO person told me that was because the FEI had negotiated the best rates, and part of the contract was that the hotels could not also advertise the same low rates on their own sites; she said that the FEI had blocks of rooms, but not entire hotels. Didn’t really explain what we were running into, however.

The OEF guy stated that weather in late March in Omaha could be anywhere from 30 to 75, from wintry to a nice, sunny spring day. He also said that the downtown is very walkable and safe, that hotel airport shuttles were available, and that we needn’t rent a car.

Did my best to keep the info I learned straight on this thread; if I’ve somehow misunderstood or misquoted, I apologize in advance.

Thank you so much! I had no idea that tickets were available this early.
Sheilah

IR, the people in Vegas always contacted those of us who had purchased season tickets for previous WCs, so I thought something similar would happen this time around, as I’ve attended multiple WCs, but nada. A friend who wanted to go with me found out that tickets were already for sale, so I jumped on it.

The Omaha Equestrian Foundation guy said that preparations had taken a while (wanting to present that “European experience”) and that the big push to sell tickets would happen in a month. Personally, I’m very glad we have our $190 seats bought and paid for, as there weren’t that many of them left (there are others available at $150, higher up in the arena).

Oh, and the Ticketmaster fees! $10/ticket for the facility, $12/ticket for TM service charge, a $4.25 fee for mailing the tickets, another $4.50 for order processing:mad:.

1 Like

Yes, I have attended two WCs in Vegas and thought I would get an advance notice as well. But I didn’t.

I don’t remember what I paid for the dressage session ticket I had last year, but whatever it cost it was more than Omaha is charging for 2017.
Sheilah

So are the $190 tickets for all dressage events or just one? I couldn’t figure it out- it seemed too little for all the events but too much for just one. I’m looking forward to going!

I think it is for all the dressage events.
Sheilah

In 2015, we paid $350 each for Plaza level tickets, plus a $25 processing fee for the order. In 2017, we’re paying $190 per ticket, plus the $22 charges per ticket, plus the mailing and processing fees for the order.

My 2017 TicketMaster receipt states “Dressage Finals All Session,” while my 2015 receipt says “Dressage Package.” I believe the OEF rep said that individual tickets wouldn’t be available until later; we always purchase tickets to a Jumping session at the last minute.

Thank you so much for the info!! I am still undecided whether I will go but it looks like there needs to be a decision done…

I know a lot of people were on the fence because Omaha in March is not Las Vegas in April, but we’re going for it.

We also could not get rooms in the adjoining hotel so are in a hotel half a mile away. I got a sketchy feeling purchasing our event tickets. Why are the majority of seats sold out when there’s barely been any advertising? I will be one unhappy camper if they release a bunch of good seats with their marketing push next month.

Now we know that Carl Hester will be the featured clinician for the next Scott Hayes event just a couple of weeks after the World Cup. I expect there will be a lot of West Coast people debating whether to go to Omaha or Del Mar.

[QUOTE=Crash Helmet;8741817]
I will be one unhappy camper if they release a bunch of good seats with their marketing push next month. .[/QUOTE]

I won’t be thrilled about that myself. However, our seats are only a couple rows up and across the aisle from the $1200 ones. I’d have preferred being over a section - so closer to the mid-point of the long side - but didn’t want to wait.

This situation really makes me miss the way Las Vegas handled the tickets. Getting to speak with a human being who knows the Thomas & Mack intimately made a difference. And, returning all-session ticket holders, such as ourselves, could have their seats improved as others who had attended previous WCs didn’t renew their seats. Last time, our seats were moved twice to be closer to the action!

Then, when I asked management if we could possibly move over one section (to be mid-long side), he recommended that we keep our seats where they were, as their location meant that we could exit our (aisle) seats, climb the steps, go out into the concourse and be almost directly across from the restrooms. His actual words were “People would kill for these seats during the NFR” :lol:. He was right about the location – it was very convenient and meant we beat the long lines during breaks.

The “generic” CenturyLink Arena floorplan on TicketMaster is somewhat deceptive, since it shows those first four rows that won’t even exist during the Finals. That makes our seats four rows closer to the action.

Received the email invitation, as a past season ticket holder, a few minutes ago. Noticed that, at the bottom of the email, Las Vegas Events was listed.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the http://www.omahaworldcup2017.com/, then on Buy Dressage Tickets, and checked out the available seats in the $190 price range – sure didn’t seem as though additional seats have been put on the market, at least in the sections I investigated, since we purchased ours.

There does look to be more info on the WC website, compared to when I last went there, but I haven’t looked at all of it, yet.

I can not wait to go. I will be there with bells on. Omaha did an amazing job for the International. Can not wait to see what they do for a WORLD CUP

I’m planning to go too, what hotels did people book rooms at since the Hilton was not available?

The friend with whom I am going bought tickets, and I just booked the hotel. We’re around 30 minutes away at the Home2Suites by Hilton. I tend to get really tired of eating out, so having the kitchen area will be nice, and there’s a couch with pullout I’m happy to use so we can each have our own bed while having a more suite-like setup.

We booked a hotel within walking distance to the arena, through the official links.

Bought our tix last night, checking in to hotel opportunities tonight…

When will Saturday’s FS comp end? I seem to recall that the FS started at noon in Vegas but it doesn’t start until 2pm in Omaha. Is it longer than two hours? I’m looking at flights home. TIA! :slight_smile:

Haven’t heard that yet. Jumping starts at 7:00 p.m. next year, same as last time, and the arena has to be readied for that. You’re correct, FS did start at noon in 2015.

We plan to get our plane tickets this month, too.

8 of us are going, and already have purchased tickets. Did not know about the first four rows being removed, so am excited to know tickets are better than I thought!
We also went together and rented a home about 15 minutes from the arena on AirBnB. So we have a hangout place. It was actually less overall then a hotel downtown, we will all be together, and is in a safe neighborhood, with interesting shops and retaurants. Excited!

1 Like