Unlimited access >

Wrong Name on My Posts!

@Moderator_1 and @goodhors, I’m suddenly getting notifications about posts I didn’t make. They are older but I’d like to make sure there isn’t another mix up. The two threads I’m seeing are “2022 Hay Prices” and “Puppy Leaking Urine”.

@CrazyGuineaPigLady I checked and did find my posts on both those two threads there under your name. But they were from the time we were having problems, June 12 and June 13. I have not had any problems since @Moderator_1 said they fixed the issue. I do sometimes get notifications on very OLD posts that someone evidently just read and liked recently. One was from 2014, about dead horses! So those new likes may be what you are getting now, with my using your name back earlier this month. All my recent post have MY correct name on them.

1 Like

Okay. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t a third person (or more) who got merged into one account.

My security alerted me to my COTH email and password being on the dark web. If you haven’t already, you may want to change your password.

1 Like

@Moderator_1…just FYI… I went to post today and the post appeared under another username. I was able to delete the post, but then I was logged out. I logged in under my username and the post is there under the other username, edited as I had edited…weird.

I don’t believe it has to do with PW hacks on the dark web…the board was doing weird things like jumping around as I was posting…as was described earlier in this thread

2 Likes

Was it my name again? I had several more notifications today that were odd. Some on this thread and some two years old from the same person. The odd part is clicking on the notification took me to a list of them all instead of individual posts like I normally see.

@CrazyGuineaPigLady No…not you.

Bumping this up for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, Bluey – I’ve been in contact with pluvinel directly and have contacted the tech team to elevate this issue.

1 Like

Now I’m getting this bug too - I promise I’m not @HereComesZach, but a post of mine appeared under their username in this thread:

This is the post in question that was written by me:

When I hit post my page was automatically redirected to “logging out” and I had to log in again. The post still appears under HereComesZach’s user.

Oh how weird! Curious to see if my post gets put under a different name :joy:

Thanks @beowolf – I will send the developers a notification, as there must still be a glitch to the fix they have implemented. Thank you so much for letting us know!

1 Like

Testing to see what name posts for me.

Soooo… when I logged in a few minutes ago my notifications were all from the year 2020 when the site changed platforms. When I hit refresh, the green C in the upper right corner turned to a pink S. Before I could see what name it was, I was asked to log in again and things looked back to normal.

There were definitely a period of time where I was logged in to someone else’s account.

Ugh. Sending tech support another notification. Thank you so much.