Unlimited access >

Yep…I had to do it

Meet Angel

I lost my last cat just this month but I just can’t stand an empty house. This girl was at a cat rescue and was just miserable and not meshing with the other cats. She is 7 yo. Her owner had passed away. She has already opened up immensely in her base camp room. Purring and loving the petting. She looked so sad at the adoption place and seldom came out of her cubby. Her age is right for me and my 92yo mother. We are not ready for kitten or young adult energy. That and I couldn’t resist those blue eyes. She is a lynx point with white toes and boots behind. I think she will settle in very nicely. I couldn’t believe the difference in just a couple hours. I think she will like being queen of the house.

Susan

51 Likes

Hello, Angel! She’s beautiful. I love Siamese. :heart:

3 Likes

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

1 Like

Stunning! Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!! you guys are perfect for each other. I wish more people saw the value in adopting adult cats - no kitten shenanigans and manners are already there. Some adult cats don’t do well in rescue/shelter settings, thank you for seeing this girl for the gem that she is!

4 Likes

Welcome, Angel! She already looks at home with you. I know you’ll be a great match.

2 Likes

“She’s a Beauty”. No doubt she’ll be running your household in no time!

2 Likes

Well done for all three of you!

2 Likes

Beautiful!!! She sure hit the jackpot!

2 Likes

She’s beautiful! I love the colors above her nose.

2 Likes

Congratulations! She’s beautiful!

2 Likes

She is gorgeous and thank you for taking an older cat! They are so hard place even though they make great pets !

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat:
Of course you had to! :blush:
She is absolutely stunning :star_struck:
I predict you, Mom & Angel are going to be so, so, happy :grin:

2 Likes

I am going to take her to the vet in November…after she has a chance to settle in and get some baseline bloodwork…just because of her age. I got a cat cage. One of those with a couple perches. It has wheels so I thought once she settles in…if she wants to I can wheel the cage out on the porch and she can spend some time outside…again IF she wants to. I put her in it for a few minutes tonight while I cleaned the litter box and got her dinner ready. She was not enthused about it but didn’t lose it.

Tomorrow, we will let her out in the living room and shut our bedroom doors so we don’t lose her under a bed. She came with the gray kitty hut and as soon as I put it in her base camp…she holed up in it. I am glad she had something with her smell on it. My sister wanted a picture and this was what I got at first :rofl:

She is a good eater! Yeah. My previous female was soooo picky. She drove me crazy. I think she will work out fine.

Susan

11 Likes

Thank you so much for opening your heart to beautiful Angel. You three are going to be so happy together. We do expect updates as she settles in. :grin:
:kissing_heart:

ETA: So sorry for the loss of your other kitty. {{Hugs}}

1 Like

Awww!! She’s beautiful and sounds purrfect!!

2 Likes

Peepy Cat says hi to Angel! She’s beautiful!

3 Likes

It’s wonderful when you know older animals’ former names, too, even if it’s not what you might have chosen! It makes them happier and helps them adjust a little quicker, I’m sure.

I always adopt older dogs, but only one of mine was surrendered to the shelter by the owner who told them her name. The rest had to cope with being dumped on the street by their long-term family, housed in not-great municipal shelters, and then going to live in a new home and being called something else, as well. Had I known their names, that would have been one less trauma for them.

2 Likes

At the shelter, her name was Angelica…because at the time they already had an Angel. But, we have gone back to Angel and she responds very well to it.

I turned her out to explore the house this morning while everything was pretty quiet. She, of course is wary but she hasn’t shown any inclination to hide anywhere. Oh, and I got all but 2 front toenails trimmed. I called it good with 8 of the 10. She doesn’t like my ceiling fan and she had to go and I let her. I will get the other 2 later.

Here she is in Mom’s chair at the dining room table. And lounging.

12 Likes

She looks like her former owner loved and took good care of her.
It also looks like she’s settling into her new queendom quite nicely.

2 Likes