Unlimited access >

You know you've been around the COTH BB too long when...

forgot one :

• You sneaked peaks at the boards during the Thanksgiving Invasion/COTH Strike even though you KNEW there wouldn’t be any new threads or posts

~*Grand Prix schoolmaster = $250,000…
*15 yrs training with the world’s top trainers = $40,000…
*Top hat and tails = $1000…
*The final salute after completing your first Grand Prix test = PRICELESS.~ (copyright me!)

– when you remember all 100 of BossHoss’s names

– when you know which poster used to be an underware model (no not me though I do have a rock hard bod )

– when the mental picture burnt into your mind of Robby is te one of him wearing his red jogs and those oh so white teeth

– you get totally excited when you see a video snippet of a certain mad Princess in your in box

– when someone looses a horse and you mourn like it was yours; when someone wins a show and you brag to friends

– when you know that Jair isn’t actually taking the summer off, rather he morphed into a rock and is sitting in my front lawn

– when you totally miss this thread the first time aorund and spend an hour reading all 8 pages of it laughing your arse off and very scarily relating to it all

~ Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once ~

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarapony:
That you check this thread compulsively to make sure that you haven’t missed out on anything.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo! If we were to make a “Top Ten Reasons You Know You’re Addicted to COTH” t-shirt, that would be number one.

…And they reply in a like manner…

Random guy (a BBer, unbeknownst to you at the time) walk up to you in the schooling ring at moderator’s sister’s show one day and say “So this must be Dixie…” while you’re sitting there saying to yourself “Who is th- oooh. I know him.”

Heh! I’m either going to be mauled or put on the rack for sharing that story

When meeting up with a literal stranger from the BB for dinner is the highlight of your week - though, I can now confirm that Janeway is not Jair. She’s smarter, for one.

When you can convince your BB buds to drink to excess and sneak in a ciggie or two, cause after all we’re friends.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Or, if you’ve been here long enough to have bought a hat during the first sale (like my beloved khaki COTH cap), lose it (or, possibly, have it stolen - like my beloved khaki COTH cap), that you now whine with fair regularity about the dearth of COTH caps and pine for a replacement khaki COTH cap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMFAO… That’s why I had my “all I want for my birthday” signature for a week in hopes that someone had a spare one laying around that they could spare for me…

“Because she’s got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal.”

You know the difference between PK and PPP and that they are horses while FPP is a place to meet.

You can actually understand Moesha’s twisted tales!

You know that GDG is head and shoulders above the rest of us.

ETBW is a gourmet goddess, and Maddie is a Princess.

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

[This message was edited by creseida on Jun. 17, 2002 at 12:02 AM.]

You took a side in The Great Ear Bunny Debate

Your kid’s puppy is missing in VA and before you drive like a maniac from New England to VA you cry for help on the BB and the BBer’s take action

A friend in another part of the country forwards a photo of a horse for sale out there and you know the person who sent him the photo - from the BB

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You snail mail a BBer, realize you don’t know her last name, so you write her screen name on the envelope instead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Erin!!! I have that postcard taped up on my desk, and all my friends see it and are like “MiMi Spaz? What the…?”

And all of the jr clique’s Ph names…

• WhitPictures (ha!)
    “Cowards dies a thousand times before their death, the valiant die but once.”- Juilas Caesar, Shakespeare

“…You know that Barbie is a horse and that Beezer is both a human and a jack russell”

a TRUE CoTH addict would know that not only is Beezer a human and a jack russell, but also FatLilPony’s fat little pony

I know I’ve been going on CoTH too much (is there such a thing?) when…

-I think about current CoTH issues at school, far from my computer.

-I get embarrassed because if I tell a story to a non-internet person chances are the story’s about CoTH people

-My boyfriend is becoming quite well-versed in horse lingo, thanks to my telling him EVERYTHING that happens on the BB.

On a serious note, I have learned SO much since joining, reading, and posting on CoTH. Despite having been riding for over 10 years, I think I’ve learned the most factual horse information (like stuff you don’t learn from riding) since I joined Thanks, CoTH!

EMMA

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead

I think that’s just YOU, honey J/K.

EMMA

The High Drama of it appeals to me.

We need to come up with a COTH BB-exclusive “how many ___ does it take to _____?” thing.

I’ve thought of it often. There’s always a pattern here. You post, “shorten your sig file” and you can almost predict how the thread will unfold!

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

1. When you’re shopping for a western saddle, you look at the shape of the seat and its proximity to the horn and you say to your sister, “Oh, I think riding in that would bring on a case of the Inverness Problem.”

2. You can identify which female posters would gladly join a “Law & Order Ho” fan club, or the “Women Who Lust After Swarthy Men” support group

3. You accept that Duffy is the Sheriff of the huntseat Fashion Police

4. If someone asks you, “Should I put a standing martingale on my hunter just for cosmetic purposes” you shudder and run away in fear

5. You meet up with Bob and Debbie McDonald and your first words are, “We had this long thread on the Chronicle bulletin board… well, never mind, it’s a long story… But whatever happened to Kimmie?”

ETBW where is JAir? I believe I saw him at a show a couple months ago, but he never answered my posts, and I didnt see him at the show this weekend…where’s he at?

Every day you make decisions. Every day those decisions affect everyone around you. Just think, your choosing white over brown could quite possibly bring on a global dispute over bread preferences

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elizabeth:
. . . you have come to the conclusion that there are only two kinds of people in this world: Those who use draw reins and those who don’t!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And those who put vanity over sanity
(non-aproved vs approved helmets)

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

7Nations and Sleepy -

Add yet another memeber to “these BB’s FORCED me to start riding again” support group…

Anne

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the HAT. . .the famous COTH hat that Erin got for us so we can recognize each other when out and about at shows.

• I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. *