Unlimited access >

You Might be an Equestrian If

Cobblestone Farms Horse Shows has an exciting new home at Revel Run. This new facility is a former 150-acre golf course that we’re developing into an elite equestrian facility. Plans include state-of-the-art arenas, along with a beer garden and equestrian club house.

The plan is for a public space that will be a focal point of the community.

2 Likes

Non horse clothes are brought with the idea of “Can I use this to ride/muck/barn chores in?” just in case you ever have to do such things in those normal clothes. I don’t own a pair of non stretchy jeans for the just in case I have to ride in them scenario.

I can’t remember the last time I actually rode in jeans.

But you never know.

Yesterday there was a lingerie sale on a place that does really good sports bras. I completely ignored all the pretty ones and got some good sports bras that were 75% off. Who has use for frilly and lacey things that won’t hold the girls in while riding.

7 Likes

I bought my horse a Bemer blanket. When asked about a human one, I was aghast and said “ no way- that is entirely too much money”. It was easy to justify- I spent a fortune on massage, chiropractic work, and acupuncture for my pony…none of which I do for me.

4 Likes

THIS!

You might be an equestrian if you spend $165 on shoes every 5 weeks. And not an item in your wardrobe cost $165 except your Cavallo winter coat (which you don’t ride in). You don’t even spend $165 on shoes AND wardrobe every 5 weeks.

4 Likes

Maybe you can just wrap yourself up in the horse one like a burrito? Multi purpose!

A month or so ago I was kicked by a horse right above my knee. Things I used to help myself recover:

My horse’s ice boots (perfect size for wrapping around your knee btw)
My horse’s Surpass
My horse’s arnica liniment
My horse’s fancy polo wraps, which make a great compression wrap

5 Likes

One of our vets is married to a long distance runner. She apparently uses the ShockWave on her legs :rofl:

4 Likes

I just got back from the feed store with a bottle of Sore No More. I’m sitting here wondering if I can massage it into my shoulder before we go out to dinner or if the smell will cause a spousal upheaval.

7 Likes

Heck yes! That stuff is wonderful and I personally love the smell. If anyone asks, just say it’s some new all-natural product from the health store (not a lie…it’s a horse health store right?)

5 Likes

Horses and beer? Holy gates of heaven!

3 Likes

You might be an equestrian if …

You drive past ANY - even slightly - rural property that’s fully fenced (post and rail style), and on seeing no sign of horses anywhere, think “Ugh, what a waste”.

18 Likes

Omg. We had a guy post on the local FB page wanting to PAY SOMEONE TO RIP OUT SEVERAL ACRES WORTH OF GORGEOUS 4-BOARD FENCING!!! I tried to explain what he had & why 12 people were clamoring to come for free with their own machinery to dig this fence up.

5 Likes

Adding another: You might be an equestrian if you gush to coworkers you haven’t seen in several weeks about your new grandson & they are confused when you proudly present pics of a Holsteiner instead of a human baby. :rofl:

9 Likes

I say the same thing about huge insanely mowed lawns!

5 Likes

You say to your mechanic that your car has a slow leak in the off hind tire.

9 Likes

Sometimes on here I feel like i must have been raised by wolves. Just had to google “off-hind horse” to see which side this was.

2 Likes

I did the opposite when I worked for my mechanic dad a few years ago. I was very confused when he wrote down “LR” for left rear tire. I couldn’t figure out how a tire could be left and right! Yes, I was expecting LH

3 Likes

You reach into your pulled-from-storage winter jacket and find desiccated horse treats in it.

12 Likes

Ha! Or routinely find hay in your bra.

6 Likes

I did that the other day! :smile: :smile:

1 Like

You might be an equestrian if you just machine washed a pocket full of Nickerdoodles.

Let’s just say it did not end well for my clothes. Or my washer.

7 Likes