Unlimited access >

You Might be an Equestrian If

Yasss! I was just at a show and got a really painful ingrown nail. I had no human first aid, but I had my entire equine med kit. Soaked it in epsom salt, put some Corona on it, wrapped it in guaze and vetwrap. Voila.

7 Likes

Oh my gosh yes… I don’t even think I know how to do human first aid with human things. As evidenced a few weeks ago when I needed to re-wrap a cut on my SOs arm… I was like “Sorry, I have no idea what I’m doing here without roll gauze and vetwrap”

5 Likes

It definitely sounds weird!

1 Like

I don’t know the proper medical term for the tape they wrap my arm with after a blood draw at my doctor’s office. I call it vet wrap because that is what it looks like.

1 Like

coflex :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might be an equestrian if you do math like this…

Sees nice bit being worn by a horse at clinic, first time I’ve actually had hands on one, likes it even more than admiring it online as has done previously.

Checks current price, mmm $100 to buy and ship, for a bit he will transition to later…to pricey, I’ll wait.

Friend shares local FB sales post, same bit, used, $50…

So not only have I bought it, I can now spend the $50 I “saved”

10 Likes

…you don’t have kids, but your parents ask about the grandhorses without skipping a beat.

….your inbox is filled with spam from Dover, Schneider’s, Valley Vet, Big Dees, Etc, and nary a clothing store to be seen

….you own three (or more) pairs of custom tall boots, but can’t be bothered to buy a new set of heels for work. Your current pair (singular) is 10 years older.

….your horses first aid kit is also your first aid kit.

….you raid your horse’s supply of SMZs and robaxin. As needed, of course.

….you ask the vet if he can shockwave your bum knee.

7 Likes

And you might be an equestrian if you look at their dinky little roll of inferior Coflex and sneer, “Sheesh, I know where you can get the good stuff if you want”

Another one… you might be an equestrian if your horse (or any of the other 23 in the barn, if you are commercial equine chef) NEVER misses a supplement dose. But for you, it’s like, “Oh, I think I have a bottle of X somewhere. I should really take that!”

6 Likes

I went to a concert tonight after which I bought a t shirt. I specifically chose one that matched most of my breeches and was tan to hide barn dirt stains :joy:

5 Likes

:+1: Thanks

1 Like

Last night a muscle right beneath my right inner shoulder blade, down and toward the middle, really started to irritate me.

I got my Fenwick 1/4 sheet for the horse when riding in the cold, folded it into layers, and draped it diagonally across that shoulder blade. After a while the pain got better, and later on I had no difficulties going to sleep.

5 Likes

You set the alarm for a god awfully, terribly early hour, to watch the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana, because you knew they would bring out the best horses for that one.

8 Likes

When you realize, with horror, that you actually said, out loud, in a voice that probably sounded like a whiney toddler, “but I wanted to go riding”

This was in response to an invitation, made by phone by DIL, relayed by husband who was talking to her…

No I’m not going riding, yes we are going over to their place for lunch, yes I will have to be extra nice….

2 Likes

You might be an equestrian if you feel this at a deep level. We have just had a Greenhawk tack store open in our nearest city, which is just awesome. Posted about my visit, just to look, yeah right, just looking, got this reply from a friend

I went opening weekend and just let it tell me what I needed. Obviously a lot :rofl: it’s so nice to have one close and so well stocked! Hope they keep it that way!

“I just let it tell me what I needed” :smiley:

8 Likes

When your husband says we (meaning me) need to re-do the grout on our kitchen floor and doesn’t care if I want to ride. I very firmly tell him “I will work on this until X hour and then I am going to my lesson which I already paid for. So unless you want to pay me back the money I paid for it, I advise you to keep quiet.” He didn’t say another word.

3 Likes

not me but my youngest daughter who last week took a Meadowbrook cart back to the Morgan Safenet Foundation that she had refinished for them to to sell. While there daughter noticed a buckskin in one of the paddocks… they said the horses was being boarded there as the owner had just moved to the area and they “thought” the horse might be a Morgan.

The Safenet has a discounted cost for a DNA search for horses that are thought to be Morgans but do not have the paper trail to prove their heritage. They sent in the samples, which came back to be Morgan with the horse’s name …something, something Hershey …Daughter told them she knew that horse.

Twenty-two years ago my wife and daughter went to Montana to try that horse as daughter’s new mount. They like him but then he was a stallion which did not fit into our program.

Daughter was 13 when she saw that horse but she remember everything about him twenty two years later.

She did find a suitable Morgan buckskin afterwards that she had for eighteen years

5 Likes

Your phone contacts is filled with women’s first names, followed by cute names in parentheses, for all your barn friends and their horses.

Katie (Romeo)
Ali (Bonnie)
Lauren (Duke)
Colleen (Maverick)
Mindy (Socks)
and so on…

15 Likes

You mean you actually know everyone’s first names?? I have people saved as " Mr. Big’s Mom" in my contacts :rofl:

17 Likes

Or they’re saved as Mom Child Last Name b/c you can’t remember a kid’s mom’s name. Love the idea of adding horse names, though

4 Likes

Saw this today

20 Likes