Unlimited access >

Your Perfect pair of Breeches?

I do not buy velcro bottoms. I hate them. I get terrible rubs.

No one pair of breeches, or set of features can please everyone!

Pockets, either a bigger pocket, or more pockets, preferably both. I also want deeper pockets.

Full seats, I love your deerskin full seats. I would adore you forever if you could get the deerskin full seats on a super light weight, super cool summer breech. When it gets hot I find even your (FITS) summer breeches too hot and the ink spots do not help my grip much. I have Multiple sclerosis, I am very weak, I have limited endurance, and the less energy I have to spend on gripping the longer I can ride.

Front zip, so there is enough room for more pockets!

Otherwise I LOVE your deerskin full seat breeches. I lost 30 pounds since I got my FITS breeches, and I can still ride in them without major problems (maybe someday soon I can afford another pair that fits me!)

1. What materials do you like? Woven? Knit? Not too cottony, not too thin, holds its shape all day (no getting baggy)
  2. How much/little stretch in the fabric? Moderate stretch. Enough so they have give when you sit down/bend, but not so much that they turn into sweatpants by the end of your ride
  3. Type of knee patch- suede, silicone, etc? I only ride in full seats, but I would like either.
  4. How large of a knee patch-- specifically for suede-- do you prefer a longer knee patch to help the breech from showing excessive wear on the in seam? N/A, full seat only.
    5.Front or side zip? Why? No preference, I only have front zips but wouldn’t mind if they were side zips.
    6.Do you like have a mesh panel on the lower leg under your boot for less bulk and heat? Stretchy sock bottoms please.
    7.What colors (including standard show colors) would you want to see this breech come in? Navys, grays, burgundys, classy/subtle contrast stitching.
  5. Anything else? Front AND back pockets (good pockets, not the little zipper ones) and affordable. I know brands want to uphold a certain image/appeal to specific demographics, but $200-$300 for a pair of breeches prices a LOT of people out of the brand.
  1. Sorry don’t know much about materials.
  2. I do like stretch.
  3. Suede.
  4. Regular - a few inches above and below the knee? Not too skinny.
  5. I haven’t tried side zip.
  6. No I prefer same material throughout and velcro on bottom.
  7. Black, blue, grey, green.
  8. Curvy fit!! I find it hard to find breeches that don’t gape at the waist. And not too high on the waist.
  1. I don’t care for cotton in my breeches. I like a midweight, woven, synthetic blend similar to current TS Trophy Hunter or Ovation Tailored. Fabric that smooths thigh divots. Magical fabric.

2. I like a medium amount of stretch. I prefer a little bit of room through the hip.

3. I like the idea of silicone, but I prefer a more traditional look. I don’t think most Clarino/synthetic suede patches are tacky enough, and many of them pill horribly. I haven’t had a pair with silicone knee patches yet.

4. I do not prefer a longer-then-average suede knee patch. I have a pair of cotton side-zip schoolers with extended patches (they run all the way up the inner thigh and end at the rise seam) and they remind me a bit of wearing full seat. I feel…a little…diapered.

5. I used to be hard and fast side-zip; I think I still might prefer it slightly, but I don’t really care much. As long as the zip front doesn’t make me feel like I’m stuffing a tube sock in my front, I don’t have very strong feelings about it.

6. I like compression-type sock bottoms with flat lock seams.

7. I like rust, dark grey, french blue, a darker nut brown, and standard-issue beige. I don’t wear white, but I’m sure some would.

8. Wide waistbands- maybe with some sort of gusset to help with back-gapping. Front slash pockets only. A sub-$130 price point would really be a win.

FITS Beka breeches were my ultimate favorite! Very sad to not be able to buy them anymore. :frowning:

I’m just going to chime in with No. 8 “What else”:

I would love love love to have the option of buying a nice everyday breech that comes in “short”. Not size 0 petite, but just with a shorter leg. I am 5’2" and, being of a mature age, have a more mature figure. I’m not fat, but most breeches that are comfortable for my “mature” waistline are enormous in the leg and also way too long.

I don’t think I’m alone and I would wager that a breech design that caters to the mature adult amateur figure would sell really really well.

I like britches made of something a bit more substantial, with stretch. I like technical stuff, but I don’t want my britches to feel and fit like my bike shorts. I like them a WEE bit relaxed fit. Not super baggy, load in the pants like some of the old TS, but a little relaxed.

I prefer mid rise, or a moderate low rise. Regular rise meets my bra, so that’s a no go.

Pockets! I really love the look of proper slash front pockets, maybe even some in the back.

I love sock bottoms. LOVE them.

I love colors. RUST and CANARY are great old colors that very few people offer. But otherwise, I just like lots of colors. I tend toward mid range colors, like french blues and browns, rust, grey. I, personally, am not a big fan of navy and black, but that’s just me.

Wide waistbands and BELT LOOPS.

For reference - I’m a 46 year old mom who rides. I have curves & have lived in my body. For the love of all that is, PLEASE MAKE BREECHES FOR SOMEONE OTHER THAN A STICK-STRAIGHT TEEN WHO HAS NO CURVES. REAL WOMEN DO RIDE - ADN YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR SHAPES AND THAT OF A CAROUSEL HORSE’S POLE.

1. What materials do you like? Woven? Knit?
    Woven. Lots of give, but structure to help make my bod safe for public appearances. I am loving the stain resistant feature of DD’s new favorite breeches, too. Something that doesn’t bake me is nice too. Must be machine washable.

2. How much/little stretch in the fabric?
    Stretch is my friend.

3. Type of knee patch- suede, silicone, etc? Suede. I cannot stand the silicone - too sticky for my taste and I haven’t seen any that held up well.

4. How large of a knee patch-- specifically for suede-- do you prefer a longer knee patch to help the breech from showing excessive wear on the in seam?
    Average is fine. This isn’t a deal breaker for me.

5.Front or side zip? Why?
Front. when I finally get to a bathroom, the last thing I want to do is tap my non-existent contortionist skills to unzip my drawers to go. At this age and after childbirth, those precious extra seconds can be bad.

6.Do you like have a mesh panel on the lower leg under your boot for less bulk and heat?
Absolutely. I have no idea why any manufacturer is making velcro bottoms. A note, though - dont’ put too-tight elastic either.

7.What colors (including standard show colors) would you want to see this breech come in?
Tan & white of course. Darker and fashion colors are fun.

1. Anything else?
    Please, please size them for real women. The skinny teens have lots of options. It’s time for the rest of us to have some, too.
    Mid rise is good.
    And don’t ask me to spend more than I did on my horse on breeches. That’s crazy.

Along with offering them in sizes/shapes for women with curves, PETITES, or “short” or whatever. I can make most regular length britches work, but a petite size would work better, and I know I’m not alone.

1. What materials do you like? Woven technical fabric.
  2. How much/little stretch in the fabric? Medium
  3. Type of knee patch- suede, silicone, etc? Never tried silicone, but if it rubs off and doesn’t last, I wouldn’t be interested.
  4. How large of a knee patch-- specifically for suede-- do you prefer a longer knee patch to help the breech from showing excessive wear on the in seam? Current traditional patch is fine.
    5.Front or side zip? Front zip so I don’t have a huge expanse of blankness in front. That huge expanse makes me look wider.
    6.Do you like have a mesh panel on the lower leg under your boot for less bulk and heat? Sock bottoms with some style like those on the Tredstep breeches. Be careful not to make them too tight.
    7.What colors (including standard show colors) would you want to see this breech come in? Navy, burgundy, black
  5. Anything else? Offer a regular rise option. Even most of the mid-rise are a bit too low for me, and I spend a lot of time pulling them up. Tailored Sportsman Trophy Hunters are my current favorite, but the price to too high for everyday.

Bring back the Beka Breeches!!! I love the fabric, crotch design, side zip and tummy control. Fabric hid a world of problems, did not pill and repelled dirt, but a bit of stretch would have made them perfect. I love side zip breeches, and a modified low/mid rise, wide waistband and good belt loops. Sock bottom–no velcro!! A variety of colors would be nice, but make sure the colors fit exactly the way the tan ones do–the Bekas had the issue that the colors were smaller than the tan ones.

Keep the price point around $100 and you have a winner!

TS Trophy Hunters are the gold standard for hunter breeches. The more the fabric is like that, the more popular they will be.
    Some, but not so much that the fabric loses it’s shape. Not cheap and thin like tights.
  3. Type of knee patch- suede, silicone, etc?
    Any kind is fine, but silicone seems to be popular these days.
  4. How large of a knee patch-- specifically for suede-- do you prefer a longer knee patch to help the breech from showing excessive wear on the in seam?
    No. The more classic the better. Plus, longer knee patches are difficult for us short people.
    5.Front or side zip? Why? Side! Please offer them in a side zip! Side zip is flattering and doesn’t give a big bump in the front in the saddle.
    6.Do you like have a mesh panel on the lower leg under your boot for less bulk and heat?
    Yes! A sock-like bottom versus velcro is good.
    7.What colors (including standard show colors) would you want to see this breech come in?
    People buy TS breeches for the colors. Get creative and offer them in many colors. Classic navy, burgundy, etc. and some less common colors like burgundy and brighter blues. I’m a sucker for any shade of green. The more colors the breeches come in, the more likely I am to buy them.
  5. Anything else?
    PLEASE offer a short length. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! You would be one of the few manufacturers who don’t make breeches only for amazon women.

Did the Bekas really not do well? If I had to wager a single top reason why I’d say they came out RIGHT when euroseat was hitting its zenith and they were not. I bet a lot of more conservative/older/less trendy people really liked them. I did.

[QUOTE=vxf111;8568805]
Did the Bekas really not do well? If I had to wager a single top reason why I’d say they came out RIGHT when euroseat was hitting its zenith and they were not. I bet a lot of more conservative/older/less trendy people really liked them. I did.[/QUOTE]

I too LOVE my Bekka breeches. The one and only thing I would change on them is the style of the euroseat. It’s more of a square shape than the rounded shape you see on all of the other brands. I was so sad when they discontinued them! By the time I figured out that they were no longer being made, most stores with colors other than tan were all out of my size.

ETA: It seems that FITS already released a pair in their Spring 2016 collection targeted at H/J, with a more traditional euroseat style and silicone knee patches. Hard to gauge the material from the photos, but I know for myself, with the $CAD meaning these breeches will likely end up in the $250 mark, there is very very little chance that I will try them.

http://fitsriding.com/collection/kallie-knee-patch-tread

[QUOTE=Denzel;8568870]
I too LOVE my Bekka breeches. The one and only thing I would change on them is the style of the euroseat. It’s more of a square shape than the rounded shape you see on all of the other brands. I was so sad when they discontinued them! By the time I figured out that they were no longer being made, most stores with colors other than tan were all out of my size.

ETA: It seems that FITS already released a pair in their Spring 2016 collection targeted at H/J, with a more traditional euroseat style and silicone knee patches. Hard to gauge the material from the photos, but I know for myself, with the $CAD meaning these breeches will likely end up in the $250 mark, there is very very little chance that I will try them.

http://fitsriding.com/collection/kallie-knee-patch-tread[/QUOTE]

I just looked at the new Kallie FITS breech and my reaction was YUCK! That colour is just not right to me. Too yellow. Unless the picture of the model does not give a true representations.

I also looked at the Kimberly breech and while the colour looks better - the fact that it has those deerskin knee patches turned me right off. Sure they may give great grip, but if I can’t throw my breeches in with my regular laundry and regular detergent, its a no go for me. Especially at that price! Definitely close to $250 with the conversion to $CAD

This has been fun to read the different responses! Thanks for asking all of us!

[QUOTE=FITSRidingLtd;8565114]

No particular preference specifically but something that wears well with some ‘give.’ No yoga pants-like material, otherwise I feel like I’m wearing my pjs in public.

Definitely some stretch otherwise I have to wear a size up.

1. Type of knee patch- suede, silicone, etc?

I’ve only had suede but it doesn’t wear very well. On some of my breeches the suede went before the breech went.

1. How large of a knee patch-- specifically for suede-- do you prefer a longer knee patch to help the breech from showing excessive wear on the in seam?

No preference.

5.Front or side zip? Why?

For the love of God, front zip only for me! And preferably with a wide waistband. Sidezip always makes my stomach look huge.

I don’t mind Velcro unlike some posters but I usually wear my socks beneath my breeches to avoid rubbing.

For show colors, a slightly darker shade of tan so stains aren’t quite so visible. I also love pale grey, forest green, rust, navy blue and would agree with other posters that burgundy would be nice. Even a conservative tan or grey tweed pattern.

1. Anything else?

[B]Pockets! Pockets that are sturdy and can hold things!

And count me as another short person who would like breeches in different sizes for people under 5’3.

Zippers that stay up–on one pair I owned (not your brand), after every lesson I’d have to zip my fly

[/B][/QUOTE]

1. What materials do you like? Woven? Knit? TS-like fabric for showing…don’t mind a Piper like fabric for schooling. Something that has give but isn’t skin tight.
  2. How much/little stretch in the fabric? Enough give but still holds shape. I hate having to pull up breeches constantly after wearing for a while. Not skin tight like leggings.
  3. Type of knee patch- suede, silicone, etc? I prefer washable suede.
  4. How large of a knee patch-- specifically for suede-- do you prefer a longer knee patch to help the breech from showing excessive wear on the in seam? Normal knee patch size
    5.Front or side zip? Why? I like side zips. Front zips dig into my skin anytime I bend over or squat down and can pinch…even with a tucked in shirt.
    6.Do you like have a mesh panel on the lower leg under your boot for less bulk and heat? I think that would be nice as long as it isn’t too tight or too loose. I have small calves but sock bottoms are tight and the seams will dig into my skin. Not fun!
    7.What colors (including standard show colors) would you want to see this breech come in? Tan, beige, burgundy, hunter green, a nice neutral blue (think dusty blue)
  5. Anything else? Good price point!! I cannot spend over $100 on schooling breeches in fun colors though I want all the TS colors :frowning: I also like to stay under $200 for show breeches. I’m a poor adult ammy like many others out there. I need quality for the price that will last and have me buying more when I can!

I dislike wide waistbands - so uncomfortable!

I dislike wide waistbands - so uncomfortable!

“Please, please size them for real women. The skinny teens have lots of options. It’s time for the rest of us to have some, too.
Mid rise is good.”

+1

Good going for asking! , It amazes me that companies don’t ask these questions to potential customers on a regular basis!