2001 Best of the BB Awards...

No No No!

The wedgy was on CROSS COUNTRY.

Number 13:

I’ve fulfilled at least one resolution from New Year 2001 - I’ve met Moesha. And much to my delight, he’s a wonderful, witty, compassionate person and an accomplished and caring horseman.

Plus, he knows all the best bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robby Johnson:

Oh, bring it, VTrider.

Robby, the eventer!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh it’s already been BROUGHTEN!

Moesha - Eventing = Tacky! Could they make themselves look more geeky? Why don’t they get some pocket protectors for their safety vests?

How can you all forget the concurrently running threads about the jumper named Hot Sex and the “lady” who rode in a halter top. Talk about nightmares…and then there was the thong stuff… How quickly the young forget.

From Allergy Valley USA

Your Favorite Thread of the Year -
2. Thread that has impacted you the most - 9/11 of course, any of the “Amateurs with Full Time Jobs Who Make Time for Horses” threads - great advice, that nice “Oh I’m not alone” feeling, and such interesting lives!
3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Junior Helmet Rantings
4. Thread that you wish had never died - above reference amateur threads, Great Horses of Bygone Eras (Arbitrage, anyone?), Christians who ride, Lord Helpus’s “Finishing Touches” thread (Pink Oil!!!)
5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Moesha’s reference to Mr. Ray’s Hair Weave a few weeks back …
6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - staying away from this one …
7. Best username - ETBW
8. Most annoying username - OBILIIVEEOOOS JUMPER (whatever!)
9. Most inspirational poster - too many to list
10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Colin
11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Lord Helpus
12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Lord Helpus
13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Lord Helpus
14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - as Groucho said “I don’t want to join any club that would have me as a member”
15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Slugger, the Canadian girl with the NICE jumpers whose name I am forgetting
16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - VT Rider
17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - I’ve been lurking too long, sniff sniff, no BB friends for me
18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - the passionate convictions expressed on the recent Paul Valliere thread. May we never forget this awful stain on our sport, so that it won’t happen again.
19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - disrespectful Junior Ranters and those who would pick on Ryan, simply because he exhibits an exuberant, keen (and at times a wee bit repetitive, but so what?) eagerness to learn more.
20. In general - how was 2001 for you? 2001 was a year of tremendous blessings for me personally, for which I am grateful. During this holiday season let us not forget those who gave, and lost, so much on September 11 so that the rest of us can continue to live in this beautiful free country.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Now, I could come back and ask why you need to have a fence to keep you IN the ring and pitty that you were never taught to count higher than 8,… but I think I’ll be nice.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Middleburg Classic Outside Course. Many show venues don’t have room for outside courses. But everyone I know would fair just fine on them.
  2. Classics can have 12 jumps in them!

Why do y’all flag your warm-up jumps? Are you too dumb not to know which way to jump a ramped oxer? Also, why do y’all want to jump jumps that don’t come down if your horse hits them? Answer that one for me?!?!?!

No one mentioned me…guess that’s good!!! or bad!!!

Barb

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
It’s a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it’s 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.

Reply by quoting the following list and adding the answers in your reply.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Anything to do with 9/11. Oh, my God, what a horrible horrible day.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Anything to do with ametures.

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - I hate to say this, but the HELMET THREADS!

4. Thread that you wish had never died - The COTH Virtel Horse Show. Those pictures were awesome!

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Anything that has Colin, Moesha, VTRider etc., becuase I know it’s going to get crazy!

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Colin, Moesha, VTRider etc.

7. Best username - Kachoo because whenever I see that, I think “Bless You!” Kachoo sounds like Achoo so… Yes, I know I am crazy.

8. Most annoying username - Oblivous Jumper

9. Most inspirational poster - Inverness, CTT, Janet, tle, Reginapony. There are so many, I can’t choose!

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Colin/Moesha

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Kachoo’s becuase they are SO d*mn funny!

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Janet, Jair or Robby Johnson’s. I can’t choose!

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Janet, Jair or Robby Johnson’s. Again, I can’t choose!

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - The Baby Green Clique.

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Flash 44’s, LordHelpUs’s, Jair’s, Kachhoo’s, Chef’s, Merry’s and many more that I have forgotten right now.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Reginapony’s becuase I know that she is still kicking the cancer’s ass and won’t ever give up and Kachoo’s because they are so d*mn funny!

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - I haven’t met anybody from this BB (yet), so I can’t say.

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - The COTH Virtel Horse Show and most importantly, the thread that found ALL the people who were living/working in New York on 9/11. It made me feel SO much better to find out that we hadn’t lost anybody who posts on this BB.

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - I am not going there because I don’t want to offend people.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - To not have 20,000 topics on the same thing (i.e. helmets, etc.)

21. What you like best about the BB - That, when I ask a serious question, I will get a serious answer from sombody (no matter how stupid sounding the question was.)

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? 9/11, by far. Just want to say Thank You and Happy Holidays to all the servicemembers that are overseas right now fighting in the war. Thank you for leaving your family for the Holidays, thank you for risking your life, thank you for giving me the chance to write this in a free country, thank you for giving and protecting in the name of freedom and thank you SO much for just being there when we need you most. To you, it may seem like just a job, but to me it means that I can breathe a little easier, knowing that you guys are out there fighting in the name of freedom. To ALL the servicemembers, I wish you guys a sfe ride home.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    It was going well, until 9/11/2001. Then the world changed. I hope for Peace on Earth in 2002. Good Luck to everybody next year and be thankful for what you have. What a year…

Have a super weekend!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Janet…Go Janet…Go Janet…

Looks like that Magpies night fixed you up pretty good!

[I]“If you can’t beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!”

• Tommy Serio, 2001[/I]

Shh… Colin! Do you think I want people to know that I ever associated with you? Or your erstwhile fiance??!

Okay, so I went to a BBQ at Colin’s once, before she moved to Utah Never-Never Land. I don’t remember this pajamas episode, though. If it was while I was living in Upperville, I was delirious from the cold and trying to subsist solely on macaroni and cheese, and I take no responsibility for it.

tle, you’re quite welcome!

-Amanda

“do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?”

ummm, subk, I think Moesha and tle were kidding each other. No?

It would really be a shame to let this thread degenerate into sourness and name calling like so many of the other recent threads have.

So how about if we all take a deep breath and return to the original subject of the thread?

Pipe down pipe down, don’t worry about the comments made… Let’s get to the more important things, such as, Colin being voted off the island? Please someone explain. Erin, what did you do to our dear little Colin? I need to know! If she has been kicked off the island then perhaps I should call the post office and have them return the glowing neon Budweiser sign… Indio will be lacking without said sign…

marion

My treasures do not chink or glitter…They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night." -Bedouin Proverb

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Jr Clique…My best thread
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - 9/11/01 threads
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Jr Clique, thats a good thing! And the fighting threads
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - Jr Clique
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - fighting threads, retarded threads, SOME of the helmet threads
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Srry but Blue52 and Bennet&Bailey
  7. Best username - ErinB, Ms Rid, FatLilPony …a bunch, I like mine lol
  8. Most annoying username - Stupid Child(I still love it!) and mine!I try!
  9. Most inspirational poster - Chanda
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - ErinB, Spaz, me
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Ryan! and any Jrs
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - No idea
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Fellow Jr Cliquers, and RYAN you were the only person I DIDNT see at Zones!
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I love the cliques I’m in!(NJ, Jr, Vertically Challenged)
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Slugger’s cuties, Bebe’s jumper, Chanda’s jumper
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Anyone w/t funny posts
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Ryan
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - Jr Clique, 9/11, Virtual Horse Show
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island -Anyone who hurts my man Ry, and people who have personal convos
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - The colors I like pastels better hehe
  21. What you like best about the BB - The cool people
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? Nothing really…
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Decent…I suffered a loss in a great horse who’s now useless for a while, but did make a bit of a name for myself catchriding and I had fun w/t it. I had a couple good wins this year, but nothing spectactualar…And now my hunter & I are gonna kick a$s lol

~Princess~

“No you can’t have it back silly rabbit!”

• Blaque

Oh and by the way…anyone on this BB who thinks that I am princess in attitude doesn’t know me at all. Having nice things and being a spoiled useless person are two vastly diffferent behaviors. Just because the Hunter/Jumper world emmulates class and elegance does not mean that the people in it do not work their asses off as well. So all kidding aside.An attitude like that is a definite block if you want to be a true horse person.

OMG Erin I like ur username! Very original! LOL I was joking Catherine I love you a lot and so does everyone else. How could they resist ur face? lol! O yeah and someone said that they would want to vote me off the island or something, i thought that was funny!

Proud Member of the ~UnapprovedPrincess Clique~
AND! the ::DuMbBeLL Clique::
Look out for Whos Counting!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VTrider:
It’s a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it’s 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.

Reply by quoting the following list and adding the answers in your reply.

1. Your Fa

Poor Mini… HP wannabe that doesn’t even qualify as a poor eventer. snif Maybe I can get you some eventer hand-me-downs? Oh… except there won’t be a monogram on the collar… how ever will you remember you name? (Isn’t that why monograms are big in H/J circles??)

Moesha, you can trash talk with the best of them and with me anytime! Have to admit, most of your humor on this board is lost on me (I don’t keep up that much), but this was fun. Thanks VT and Colin for getting it going!

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

DMK, I can’t help but notice that even with all my brown-nosing and promises of gift certificates to Hadfield’s, I am still absent from your list. I didn’t even make ‘posts to see her name in lights’ or ‘junior arse-kisser extraordinaire??’

Thank the lawd heidi will adopt me!

Go Erin! Go Erin! Go Erin!

like I said earlier… mixed up baby puke. XC colors may be loud in some cases, but at least we’re tasteful and unique (haven’t seen a purple/marigold/puke green combo on XC yet!).

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!